The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
HeCtic said:
*insert obvious Bolton are inbreds and Allardyce is a fat overrated Walrus looking cunt argument*
Well he's not really overrated, I'd like to see other managers do better with Bolton's wage and transfer budget

bng

HSC
LMF^^ said:
That's very true.

A better keeper would help also. :)
Wat?
Our goal different isnt that bad. We have conceded 20 goals and Man U have conceded only one less then us (19). But we have only scored 44 to Man U's 66

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Yes liverpool does need better strikers, especially those who can create goals out of nothing. Morientes was a dissapointment, its almost insulting to see him play so well for other teams while he played average for us.

I don't really see whats wrong with the rest of the team, our defensive record is right up there (except against arsenal).

Tommorow morning is going to be awesome. Crucial that we go through, for a chance of silverware and the chance for me to watch more live liverpool games on tv.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
IMO Liverpool also need another golden midfielder if they are too be as good as there hypes says they are. They do have some great GREAT midfielders expecially Gerrard but unless they step up another notch they will never win the premiership

rini175

HSC
when the heck is kewell coming back? Go Liverpool for tomorrow's game against Barca! Hope they can pull off another amazing win!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bng said:
Wat?
Our goal different isnt that bad. We have conceded 20 goals and Man U have conceded only one less then us (19). But we have only scored 44 to Man U's 66
Well stats don't really tell the full story, and we all know Reina at times do lack concentration and tend to make mistakes. He's pretty good, but his consistency is not up there with the best in the business, such as Cech and Van Der Sar. I think Rafa knows this too, so they're looking to buy a new keeper to replace him.

And as for tomorrow, I hope Barca burn you guys at home. :D

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I think Rafa knows this too, so they're looking to buy a new keeper to replace him.
Are you basing that on any evidence or is that just being pulled out of your ass? As for Reina he is good. Worlds best like Cech? no. Top five like Van der Saar? No again. But he is still a good goalie. The best are really really hard to get as clubs don't want to get rid of them (as ManU found once Barthez left).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
Are you basing that on any evidence or is that just being pulled out of your ass? As for Reina he is good. Worlds best like Cech? no. Top five like Van der Saar? No again. But he is still a good goalie. The best are really really hard to get as clubs don't want to get rid of them (as ManU found once Barthez left).
I've read on somewhere before where it has been said that Liverpool had been looking for other keepers, but obviously I can't remember. But like I said, I would be surprised if Liverpool buy a new keeper during the summer transfer window. Reina has made some pretty bad mistakes this season already, the one against Newcastle, and he could've done better with Ronaldo's free kick on the weekend. Also last season's FA Cup final, he was at fault for the first 2 West Ham goals. Keepers with that many mistakes shouldn't be considered good enough for a big club, unless of course Liverpool is content with such quality.

Barthez wasn't the worse, Massimo Taibi was worse. And Carroll and Howard was pretty shite too. Luckily now we have Kusczack and Foster as our backups.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Scousers through, barely, but for me they did well enough over the 2 legs to win the tie. Barca can only have themselves to blame, they made it hard for themselves by losing in the home leg.

Chelsea also through too, thanks largely to Porto's keeper Helton. I thought I would see them knocked out today but oh well, maybe next round.

Valencia's done well, this team is looking really promising. But Roma shockingly won, which is a shame, Lyon plays beautiful football and got undone by 2 counter attacks.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
LIIIIIIIIIIIVERPOOOL.......liiiiiiverpool, LIIIIIIVERPOOOOL........liiiiiiiiverpool

That was a bit of a nail-biter, i thought it was going to be one those days when the ball just wouldnt go in, but we held through in the end. Every single reds player put in today, and barcelona only got a couple of chances.

HSC
Valencia are grubs, pure and simple. Inter players and fans haven't exaclty been angelic over the last few seasons but we aren't throwing punches after the game.

Navarro is a thug, anyone see him punch + break Burdisso's nose? :mad:

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
CHELSEA!!!!

CMON THE BLUES!!!

BALLACK U FUCKING LEGEND!!!

NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE FROM THE LADS...

Jose Mourinho - you are the best...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
Valencia are grubs, pure and simple. Inter players and fans haven't exaclty been angelic over the last few seasons but we aren't throwing punches after the game.

I saw the incident, the Carling Cup was child's play compared to this one. Navarro is a true coward, he came from the bench and just sucker punched Burdisso, and then ran away like a chicken. Inter players didn't throw punches...? Well I'm not sure, but Julio Cruz certainly aimed a kick at Navarro. Marchena and Ibrahimovic were at it as well.

LoL I found this gif funny.

Last edited:

bng

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Scousers through, barely, but for me they did well enough over the 2 legs to win the tie. Barca can only have themselves to blame, they made it hard for themselves by losing in the home leg.
Sit up and take notice- Liverpool are on the road to Athens
Only the 2nd English team to ever beat Barca at home. The other team was Liverpool aswell

Liverpool have got a younger 16yr old keeper that comes from cronulla. He is said to be the best young keeper in the world at his age. Shame we have to wait for ages to see him play at Liverpool, but he is playing for Sydney until the end of the year

sk1001

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:

STFU. Italian teams and their fans don't exactly set the benchmark in behavior. Dirty, cheating bastards.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
sk1001 said:
STFU. Italian teams and their fans don't exactly set the benchmark in behavior. Dirty, cheating bastards.
How's that related to what Navarro did...? Obviously you didn't see what happened and is making an obviously uneducated opinion. It seems you have a great dislike against Italian football, and is probably still bitter from Australia's World Cup exit. Just quit your whining and get over it scumbag.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
sunjet said:
Henry fit to play?
He might be. Not too fussed if he isn't. We look more fluid and less predictable with him out of the team, but he does have the quality to make a goal from nowhere, so I'd say it might just even itself out somewhat.

I hope Arsenal get through. I have a feeling if we do we'll draw an English team, which would be an awesome tie, unless it was against Liverpool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)