• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

bng

HSC
LMF^^ said:
How Liverpool managed to win I still can't understand, but if Eto'o was there, I'd doubt you'd be celebrating like you are now. Winning 2-1 away is a very very good result though, it'll be tough for Barca to win now.

Terry and Robben got injured for Chelsea again, and Maureen can't stop his whining, poor thing.
If's and But's. Football is a funny game. Look at how Man U won their game.
We are on the road to Athens

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bng said:
If's and But's. Football is a funny game. Look at how Man U won their game.
We are on the road to Athens
Winning only the first leg and now you Scouses are back to your old arrogant selves. Barca is more than capable of beating you guys away, so I wouldn't count on getting to the final just yet.

And I don't see anything wrong with the way we won the game. We gave a solid if not spectacular performance in hostile territory, and came away with a good result. So their defence and goalkeeper were caught out, that's just inexperience at the top level. They should take that as a lesson. And I don't wanna hear no cheating BS because it wasn't. I don't hear anyone complaining when Gerrard dived to win you that penalty in Istanbul.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
It's in no way cheating, kind of a lame way to win a match, but that's football.
And Gigg's just made an absolute idiot of himself with this comment:

"I was just amazed by what was happening around us, we didn't know what was going on, but that's the French I suppose."

Last edited:

bng

HSC
LMF^^ said:
And I don't see anything wrong with the way we won the game. We gave a solid if not spectacular performance in hostile territory, and came away with a good result. So their defence and goalkeeper were caught out, that's just inexperience at the top level. They should take that as a lesson. And I don't wanna hear no cheating BS because it wasn't. I don't hear anyone complaining when Gerrard dived to win you that penalty in Istanbul.
He is smart. I never said it was cheating. I find it funny. And for his comment :rofl:
Doesnt Man U have one of the biggest divers in the game? Ronaldo?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Divers are in every team, you can't really point out a team for diving.
Man Utd have Ronaldo, Liverpool have Gerrard, Chelsea have half their squad, Bolton have Diouf etc.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
It's in no way cheating, kind of a lame way to win a match, but that's football.
And Gigg's just made an absolute idiot of himself with this comment:

"I was just amazed by what was happening around us, we didn't know what was going on, but that's the French I suppose."
And Bolton's way of playing long balls and long throws aren't lame...? Give me a break.

The complete Lille squad made a fool of themselves by attempting to walk off the pitch, that's what should be considered lame.

What a tough game we had at Fulham, was pretty much second best and feel behind to a shitty goal with a mix up in defence, it was such a Liverpool moment. Our defence looked very shaky today and we need to fix that up quickly with the upcoming game at Anfield. However, we showed that we're made of stern stuff this season and thanks to Giggs and Ronaldo, who were the best United players on the pitch today, we came away with the 3 points. Arsenal aren't the only team who can come back from behind to win games, we've also done it a few times this season.

The problem I think we're having now is Fergie's persistence in starting Larsson up at front instead of Saha. I really do admire that man's abilities but his physical fitness is just not the same as a player in his 20s. In the latter stages of all the matches I've seen him start, he's usually faded away and hardly gets mentioned. Saha is a better all round target man, and it showed with our early season form when the partnership up front with Rooney was producing more goals. Larsson would be better suited in the latter stages of the game as his intelligent play can cause problems to tired defences, allowing our wingers more space to roam. Saha is the type of player who needs consistent game time, and we haven't seen anything out of him coming on as a sub. We really need to win the game against the Scousers, and with a performance like this today, it's unlikely that we'll get anything out of that game.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
It feels good to get 4-0 nil coming off the CL game. Nice that Fowler scored a couple even if they were penalties. As Benitez said, its been a great week for Liverpool FC. The team seems really confident now and they'll be fired up for the Man U game.
lol West Ham is really in the shit now, I never saw the point of firing Pardew when Curbishley is practically the same.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
LMF^^ said:
And Bolton's way of playing long balls and long throws aren't lame...? Give me a break.

The complete Lille squad made a fool of themselves by attempting to walk off the pitch, that's what should be considered lame.
No, it's just how we play. If how you want to play is scoring controversial goals when the other team are completely unprepared then so be it. And I know this isn't how you score all your goals, so don't bother pointing that out. If we could afford to splash out 30 million pounds on one player like Man Utd then perhaps we could be as classy as Man Utd, but we can't afford it.

But I agree with most of what you said about the Fulham match, you were definitely put to the test in a pretty surprising performance from Fulham. Larsson is definitely a substitute type of player for Man Utd at the moment, coming on at about the hour mark should really enhance his performance, even if he's on the field a lot less. The only thing I disagree with you about the Fulham match was Ronaldo, who I thought had an extremely quiet match, he was really handled well by the Fulham defence/midfield

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i dnt see y everyone is making a big fuss out of uniteds goal in ecl, if the ref doesnt give the signal that he wants the player to wait for the whistle then he is not obliged to wait and can take it anytime, that isnt cheating at all, its part of the game, so lille where stupid enough to appeal and then walk off, that was ridiculous on their behalf..

on the fulham game, and a few b4 that, eg reading, charlton, united have not played their best football for a while, even going to the arsenal game, apart from the watford (no surprise) and spurs game (kinda surprising but its spurs) united have struggled in jan/feb...the way we playd last nite if we do that to liverpool then we will lose, we cant afford to let the ball bounce around in defense that was amatuer league stuff, highly embarrasing for a team with the best defence. giggs and scholes had super games, ronnie was quiet apart from a few chances/goal, and rooney needs to shoot on sight more and not hesitate..apart from that we are on track, lets hope chelsea suffer a few losses.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
It feels good to get 4-0 nil coming off the CL game. Nice that Fowler scored a couple even if they were penalties. As Benitez said, its been a great week for Liverpool FC. The team seems really confident now and they'll be fired up for the Man U game.
Yep a super week all round...good to see Mascherano finally get a game too

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
No, it's just how we play. If how you want to play is scoring controversial goals when the other team are completely unprepared then so be it. And I know this isn't how you score all your goals, so don't bother pointing that out. If we could afford to splash out 30 million pounds on one player like Man Utd then perhaps we could be as classy as Man Utd, but we can't afford it.

But I agree with most of what you said about the Fulham match, you were definitely put to the test in a pretty surprising performance from Fulham. Larsson is definitely a substitute type of player for Man Utd at the moment, coming on at about the hour mark should really enhance his performance, even if he's on the field a lot less. The only thing I disagree with you about the Fulham match was Ronaldo, who I thought had an extremely quiet match, he was really handled well by the Fulham defence/midfield
Put yourselves in our position at the time, I'm sure Bolton would have done just the same. There was nothing wrong with the goal, we didn't ask for a wall, and Lille at the time was not obliged to stand back 10 yards, but they did somehow. Like I said before, they could've easily avoided the situation but their lack of experience was exposed. They may be felt hard done by, but that's football for you, and you gotta take it like professionals and not sulk like children.

Ronaldo did some amazing stuff with the ball last night, and he made quite a few good runs into the penalty box as well. In contrast I think Scholes had a fairly poor game, and looked nervous on the ball and his touch was not at his best. Made some rash tackles too. Diop should've been sent off in the second half though, that was a very obvious booking.

Kinda wanna watch the Mickey Mouse Cup final tonight, just wanna see if the Arsenal kids can injure some more Chelsea players. :)

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
OH YES WELL DONE LADS!!!

BEAT THOSE ARSENAL SUCKERS!!:D

WELL DONE JOSE

GOD BLESS THE SPECIAL ONE

blue is the colour - a true blue

Raginsheep

HSC
Chelsea FC said:
OH YES WELL DONE LADS!!!

WELL DONE JOSE

Congrats to Chelsea. After all, 260mil pounds has to buy you something, even if it isn't the premiership or champions league.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea FC said:
OH YES WELL DONE LADS!!!

WELL DONE JOSE

An almost reserve Arsenal team outplayed an almost full strength Chelsea for the entire match, it was just inexperience in defence that costed them at the end. Well done..? Hardly, just thank your Dogbag up front for getting you the goals.

But I guess you do need to celebrate, it'll be your only trophy this season.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
As much as I don't like Chelsea, John Terry really didn't look good. Hope he comes back fighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)