The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
LMF^^ said:
After the Dubai group pulled out of the Liverpool deal, they have reportedly been linked to a takeover of Arsenal. But it's from The People, so it's hardly a reliable resource. But that's not to say that it will be impossible. They're in quite a bit of debt after the building of their new stadium, and if the money being offered is good enough, we might see things differently.
Just as long as we get 40000 crowds, we're laughing in terms of money.

We also have no real use for large amounts of cash. Its not like the gaffer spends 30mil pounds on players.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I'd congratulate you guys on your fluke season, but realised you pioneered buying the league last decade, so can't wait till we're the first English team to break the Russian's dominance.
I realise that you're probably just trying to bait a response from us United supporters...but our performances this season have been anything but a fluke. We have been beating teams by large margins all season and the outstanding form of players like Vidic, Ronaldo and Scholes has been so consistent that it surely cannot just be a fluke.

But anyway..there's no need to congratulate us just yet. You can do that when we win the title :).

Last edited:

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I guess what i said yesterday was more of a vent than anything serious, but im still a little annoyed, especially when i hear one of the investors reffering to liverpool as another franchise.
Man U have played surprisingly well this season, i don't think i'd be saying the same thing had they dumped Fergusen lol.
I think Chelsea have lost some of their "points stealing" abilities, last season every game that could have been a draw turned into a win, and every loss turned into a draw. Don't know why Jose was complaining bout transfers, with the money he had at the start he should have allready had more than enough good players to cover defence.
Not much to say about Arsenal, i guess they're a growing team. Still can't believe liverpool lost both cup games to them, i think we have a vulnerabilty to their style.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
Just as long as we get 40000 crowds, we're laughing in terms of money.

We also have no real use for large amounts of cash. Its not like the gaffer spends 30mil pounds on players.
That's cause they can't afford such transfers. I'm sure Wenger will prefer a bigger transfer kitty than a smaller one, that's for sure.

Raginsheep

HSC
LMF^^ said:
That's cause they can't afford such transfers. I'm sure Wenger will prefer a bigger transfer kitty than a smaller one, that's for sure.
I think I've seen a few quotes from the Chairman stating that if Wenger wanted to spend big, he could easily do so.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Luckily for Arsenal, Wenger is extremely good at snapping up bargains and developing young players...but maybe the lack of transfer funds given to him is a reason for this.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha...

or maybe he's just a good manager. planning ahead. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Charlton does look pretty impressive, with a bit of luck, they might just sneak out of relegation if they continue to play the same way. We weren't at our best today, but got the job done. Nice to see the non-regulars score, very pleased that Park got one in. Another 3 points and another match gone.

Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool. Thank you Magpies. :D

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
a good expected win today from united. with 11 games left we only need to win 9...tought games coming up in epl, fulham and liverpool, i expect a win against fulham, but if we can win both then we will have a big advantage over chelsea as they will have to catch up..

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
also to note, becks got a recall for madrid, and scored in the 2-1 win over socieadad..apparently player power was behind him being put back into the team..bout time, becks has done nothing wrong during his time at madrid he cant be blamed for some lazy "galacticos". he is one of the hardest working, dedicated footballers around, and always gives 100% to either england or his team..its a shame mcidiot wont reinstate him in the team, he contributes more to england than gerrard/lumpard combined.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Beckham should retire from the England team. A player as classy as he, shouldn't be allowed to associate himself with such mediocrity. It's a shame Capello underrates him so much, Beckham offers them great variety in their attack and would supply van Nistlecunt with so many chances.

Also, having just watched the Brazil-Portugal game, someone has to get Quaresma and Simao out of Portugal and into the Premiership, they're both fast, strong and skilled enough to murder Premiership teams. They're now both mature enough to handle the move as well. Please sign one of them Arsene, we need a genuine winger for next season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh, and Utd fans, how did Alex Song play for Charlton in your game? Was he as poo as he's been for us?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Song was Charlton's best player, kept Rooney company for most of the game. But that didn't really stop him, but it did stop him enough to cause more damage. If he keeps it up I'm sure Charlton will give themselves a real chance of surviving.

My god Inter look unstoppable atm. 15 or 16 league wins in a row now..? Their only defeats this season came in the Champions League group stage. Still unbeaten in the league, I think their form is the best in Europe by far.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
My god Inter look unstoppable atm. 15 or 16 league wins in a row now..? Their only defeats this season came in the Champions League group stage. Still unbeaten in the league, I think their form is the best in Europe by far.
We've got a good record against Italian teams, Inter likes to play football as well so they'd give us plenty of space to work in. I reckon we could dick them around if we drew them in Europe.

You guys are in good form too, so I'd back you to put Inter out as well. It's the Spanish teams again we need to be careful of in Europe. Germans teams always trouble us too so I'd like to avoid them as well.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Also, having just watched the Brazil-Portugal game, someone has to get Quaresma and Simao out of Portugal and into the Premiership.
Definitely. Those guys are awesomely talented and I would love to see them playing in the premiership.

In my opinion, Ronaldo is simply irreplaceable...but if he did decide to leave United for Barca or Madrid (and I really hope that he dosen't)...then I think that we should sign Simao as his replacement.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Simao isn't on the same level as Ronaldo. He's a very good player, but there's a fine line between the two. Both Simao and Quaresma have played for Barca in the past, but both failed to get their place into the first team squad, while now they want Ronaldo to play for them. I think it would kinda be a waste anyway, since they have Messi and Ronnie on the wings, and Giuly as backup isn't a bad option. Ronaldo's arrival will probably push Messi down the pecking order, which I think would be a waste of talent, Chelsea style.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I wasn't saying that Simao was as good as Ronaldo. I was just suggesting that if Ronaldo did leave for Barca or Madrid that we could do worse than to replace him with Simao.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Charlton does look pretty impressive, with a bit of luck, they might just sneak out of relegation if they continue to play the same way. We weren't at our best today, but got the job done. Nice to see the non-regulars score, very pleased that Park got one in. Another 3 points and another match gone.

Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool. Thank you Magpies. :D
How good was Newcastle!

Ok, that's a lie. It was a terrible match. Soaked pitch, dodgy tackling, a slippery surface, Titus Bramble, cold miserable weather... and yes, Titus Bramble is probably the worst part of that match.

Bellamy cut a swathe through Newcastle's defence for the first 30min with some phenomenal pace and after 6min I was thinking it was going to be a 6-0 type rout, but Harper had a solid game thankfully.

Martins caused a few headaches and he's one of the form strikers in the competition right now. But it's always good beating liverpool, especially with Bellamy in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)