• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Why not sign Teddy Sheringham again? :D

Anyway I hope Rossi gets a crack, trhough Fergi would prefer him spend one more season on loan.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Barca sign Thuram and Zambrotta. Barcelona's defence should no longer be its weak point.

...But when is Fergie finally going to make his move?!?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Although I am still quite optimistic about the abundance of options we have in our forward line, I'm still not convinced that it's World Class enough to challenge Chelsea, let alone Europe.

Rooney, technically the best English player atm, lacks the experience and perhaps the tactical ability needed on the continental front. Saha is a very underrated player, has what it takes to be a good striker, however, should injury strike him once more we're out of top class finishers. Alan Smith, hard working but not high calibre enough to make any major impact and Rossi remains an unknown.

Torres may not be the best man-for-man replacement for Ruud, but he does have tremendous talent and will be a world class player no doubt. And while he's only 22, should we snap him up we'll certainly have a very good future ahead of us.

Solskjaer, it's great to have him back. I'm sure he'll come on as a sub late in the game and do what he does best. :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Apparently Fergie is considering an improved bid for Michael Carrick, including Silvestre in the offer. Carrick is a great distributor of the ball and would make a great addition to our midfield...but I don't think that he has the presence of a Roy Keane type-player. We also need to sign someone like Vieira, Diarra or Gattusso IMO.

Last edited:

hachoo

HSC
If Man U don't pick up Torres or Imbrahimovic, then they can honestly go to hell. I'm a Man U fan, and am greatly disappointed at Fergs strategies. I think we need Walcott or any of the Juventus players.

Also, if Ronaldo goes, we'll need a midfielder on the right. Some one with the same attacking power. I have no idea who, just someone.

Chelsea will win this year again. Ballack :ninja:. Great signing to replace duff. They now have Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Cole, Robben.... Terry, Gallas, Huth Carvalho in defence (Del Horno has been transfered) and Shevchenko and Drogba up front......

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hachoo said:
If Man U don't pick up Torres or Imbrahimovic, then they can honestly go to hell. I'm a Man U fan, and am greatly disappointed at Fergs strategies. I think we need Walcott or any of the Juventus players.

Also, if Ronaldo goes, we'll need a midfielder on the right. Some one with the same attacking power. I have no idea who, just someone.

Chelsea will win this year again. Ballack :ninja:. Great signing to replace duff. They now have Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Cole, Robben.... Terry, Gallas, Huth Carvalho in defence (Del Horno has been transfered) and Shevchenko and Drogba up front......
Dude I hope you were joking about Walcott.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LoL, Walcott...? He can stay in Arsenal and wait til Henry goes away.

Torres is what we need, perfect replacement for Ruud. It looks like we won't really get that much out of Ruud anyway, nothin much over 10mil. Glazers better not be tightarse kunts and Fergie better make a swift move soon.

hachoo

HSC
copious said:
Dude I hope you were joking about Walcott.
Judging by what people have been saying about Fergs young player policy, he would be good. Ronaldo leaving means we need someone with some talent.

Jimmy_B

HSC
hachoo said:
Judging by what people have been saying about Fergs young player policy, he would be good. Ronaldo leaving means we need someone with some talent.
and arsenal would sell to you?

hachoo

HSC
no, my point is we need someone with similar talent.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone know if there's any streams of the Bergkamp testemonial on tonight?

^___^
HSC
withoutaface said:
Anyone know if there's any streams of the Bergkamp testemonial on tonight?
LMF might have some random chinese thing

man, he is probably one of the, if not the most underrated player around..whats with these players finishing their careers in England..

Zola, Di Canio, Bergkamp...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
LMF might have some random chinese thing

man, he is probably one of the, if not the most underrated player around..whats with these players finishing their careers in England..

Zola, Di Canio, Bergkamp...
LoL, it ain't random, payTV or free net streamin...? I know what to choose. :)

Bergkamp was a magical player, that goal against Argentina and the one against Newcastle will forever be remembered.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Another day goes by and Fergie is still yet to make a quality signing...I am really starting to think that he is just going to sign someone out of desperation soon.

In other news...Marco Bresciano moved from Parma to Palermo.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Palermo?

Hey, didn't see that one coming...ough that's probably got more to do with the fact I've tried to stay as far from Italian matters as possible for the past few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)