The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mourinho tried to outsmart Benitez by usin a surprise line up, but of courz he ain't very smart at all and again got owned. Harry Kewell played brilliantly and Geremi should go back to Boro where he did do thingz right. Chelsea had a worse season than last, time fo the Roman axe to act.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Couldn't see the match this morning on account of being in broadband-less Canberra. Very happy to see the result when I got home this morning though. And yes, very silly of Mourniho to use Geremi. Especially puzzling when I hear reports from Scousers that Chelsea were targeting our left.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah like Essien can really do a job like that. It really doez show how much Chelsea have to rely on Lampard in attack, he again lacked the usual spark to guide Chelsea to victory. In the second half Chelsea did target Pool on the left, and thatz when lucky charm Traore came on. Joe Cole bombed a great chance in the 5th min of injury time, a sense of de ja vu just like the UCL semi last time when Gudjohnsen almost nicked it at the end.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I was gonna go to bed, but might as well stay up if I'm gonna watch the game anyway.

Up the gunners :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well done to the Gunners, this year's final promises to be something spectacular regardless of whether Barca or Milan get through. I won't be another Istanbul though :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuckin Riquelme, how can you miss...?

Arsenal played shit, didn't have a single shot on goal until the last min. Villarreal deserved better, Franco that shit kunt, when he did find the net he waz offside. Barca will smash em kuntz come the final, no way they can win it on that display.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Fuckin Riquelme, how can you miss...?

Arsenal played shit, didn't have a single shot on goal until the last min. Villarreal deserved better, Franco that shit kunt, when he did find the net he waz offside. Barca will smash em kuntz come the final, no way they can win it on that display.
being a Man Utd supporter, I didn't enjoy Arsenal's win much either. Villareal dominated the game...but you have to give some credit to Arsenal for managing to once again keep another clean sheet despite all that pressure.

...But worryingly...is anyone else eperiencing a sense of deja vu? Liverpool were very inconsistent in the EPL last year (finishing in 5th place), but their form and more specifically, their defence in the European games was outstanding all season. Arsenal has set a new record for the amount of consecutive clean sheets kept in the Champions League and currently sit in 5th position in the EPL. They are almost in the exact position that Liverpool were in last year. Only difference being that I suspect that they will instead face Barca and not Milan in the final.

Hopefully Barca (or possibly Milan) smash Arse in the final!:)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Saving a penalty in the 90th min, man wot a way to go thru!

If the Gooners face Milan in the final they mite have a chance...we all kno how the Rossoneri can self destruct in a matter of minutes ;)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Although i like Arsenal, i cant see them winning the final with their shotty defence.

Arsenal-Tottenham game was good.

Who reckons it was unsportsmanship ???? i didnt until they showed the reply where he bawked to kick the ball out but ran instead

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
sando said:
Although i like Arsenal, i cant see them winning the final with their shotty defence.

Arsenal-Tottenham game was good.

Who reckons it was unsportsmanship ???? i didnt until they showed the reply where he bawked to kick the ball out but ran instead
How can anyone really call their defence shoddy when they have kept 10 straight clean sheets in the CL? It's a record for that competition ..

With regards to the PL game on Saturday night, it was definitely not sportsmanlike, but as Tony Palumbo said on The World Game, it shouldn't be up to the players to stop for something like that. The referee should use his/her own discretion to determine whether play should be stopped or not. In rugby league, play continues until the referee stops play, and so it should be the case in all sports.

Arsenal levelled it, though, with a superb goal to Henry.

I would rather Tottenham finish in fourth, but if the Gunners win the CL, we'll see another Everton, two seasons in a row ..

Oh, and LMF, don't let your Man Utd bias cloud your vision ;) Arsenal did enough across the two legs to deserve a place in the Final.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I'm referring to PL, as their season has been quite dull to their standards.

Whereas i can't see them matching the attack-ronaldinho of Barcelona or the defence-counteratack of Acmilan

Jimmy_B

HSC
they've got the best defence in europe and the third best defence in the premiership this season. what are you talking about?

and riquelme? pfft what overrated wank, senna was amazing for them, worked his bollocks off and gave everything to the argy who bottled it again. good enough for a small team like villareal but would absolutely flop again at another big club. no balls, and if argentina have to rely on him and sorin at the world cup then they'll flop hard again.

jesus, that cunt of a kraut saves them again though, now i know what united fans must have felt after the cup final last year. although as dragonz said they do deserve to be there and if they win it will deserve to be in the competition next season.

oh and how about henry for his best invisible impression tonight. they're lucky they have toure, cesc and lehmann to cover his shiteness today.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
oh and how about henry for his best invisible impression tonight. they're lucky they have toure, cesc and lehmann to cover his shiteness today.
Henry may still physically be with Arsenal...but his mind is over at Barca:)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's hard to imagine Henry leaving Arsenal if they win the CL, another eery link to Liverpool last year. Pope Benedict should watch his step I say :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
Oh, and LMF, don't let your Man Utd bias cloud your vision ;) Arsenal did enough across the two legs to deserve a place in the Final.
No way. Compare the amount of chancez Arsenal had in the first leg to the amount of chancez Villarreal had in the second and it waz clear that Villarreal had the better of the two sidez. Arsenal deserve credit but I feel they're just overhyped due to the fact that itz their first European Cup final. They won't have the quality to beat Barca.

Did anyone see the pitch invader wit the Barca jersey wit Henryz name on it...? Haha that waz pretty cool to see.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I'm in no way saying that the Gunners will have what it takes to win the Final .. but rather that I reckon it's unfair to say that they "don't deserve" to be there, you know what I mean?

If the Catalan giants don't win this year's CL, it will be the biggest upset in recent CL history.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Villarreal had mo chancez than Arsenal throughout both legz, they deserved to be there. Then again, watchin Arsenal gettin spanked by Barca would be a great sight too.

If Arsenal don't win it then Henry will go, since Arsenal can't afford to keep him any mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)