The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
nah, its not just scotland. the underdog has been winning more often lately, in all sports and leagues.

im not too worried that hearts are beating us. i know we can get them eventually, in fact i think it is good for scottish fans, coz we may see a three horse race. thats if hearts can keep it up

it makes you think that even australia can show up a few of the big guns at the world cup...

if we can make it

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Anyone going to Solomons vs Socceroos next Sat? dammit I miss another game due to plans but I am keen to see if their style of play is change after Gus Hiddink's acquisition.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well I think you need to wait fo the weekend befo ppl start postin in here again.

Crazy Horse

HSC
I always seem to be late. Anyways finished EE2!! And Pool won Super Cup. YAY!

HeCtic said:
I really hate how most neutrals are going for Arsenal tonight, especially after all the Mourinho dickriding that went on during last season.

Fucks sake...
I wasn't. :)

I'd prefer Chelsea to win the league over either Arsenal or United. Chelsea annoy me cause of the glory supports – the others go deeper. Especially United.

Benny_ said:
Rafa seems to be extremely keen to ship off our strikers left, right and centre. Le Tallec is already on loan in Sunderland, Aberdeen think they can get Sinama-Pongolle on loan, Baros is gone, and Cisse is being linked with Marseille. What would that leave us with? A misfiring Morientes and an injured bean pole. Having said that I fully expect Owen and/or Kuijt to be signed if Pongolle and Cisse also go.

Meanwhile we still haven't got an RW or a CB, the positions Rafa said he'd be covering at the start of the season. Worrying times.
Personally I think the Le Tallec idea was a good one. I like that he wasn't sold because he has talent and will be of use to us in the future but at the moment with the Cisse/Mori/Crouch lineup and Owen under speculation it's good to give him a little experience elsewhere.

I'm waiting for the rest to be sorted in the next little while. The whole thing is annoying me.

copious said:
Anyone going to Solomons vs Socceroos next Sat? dammit I miss another game due to plans but I am keen to see if their style of play is change after Gus Hiddink's acquisition.
I've already shed tears. I missed the Turkey one last year cause of a close friends birthday – And I don't begrudge that at all but it is frustrating when international games keep falling on days things are already planned for. I'm going to try go to at least half of the game.

timbk2 said:
someone organise a BOS social soccer day.. !
I've talked to a few of you separately and all have said yea if it's a go ahead.....
I think meeting up before/after a match would be a good idea but what does everyone think?

And finally – COME ON SYDNEY!!! I can't wait for the Melbourne away game. Anyone else planning to fly down?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
quiet eh?

some of these rumours are outrageous, but you know what the english tabloids are like

-kewell wont be coming for solomons match (you probably coulda worked it out without me)
-collina (the only international ref i know) has retired
-West Ham will complete a loan deal for Ole Gunner Solskajer on tuesday. It will be a year long loan deal as he tries to regain full fitness.
-Giggs to Mad rid, Owen and Ballack to Old Trafford. Ballack 12 Mil, Owen 7 + Giggs
-West Ham are set to sign loanee striker Jeremie Aliadiere on a full contract after Arsenal accepted a £2.5m bid for the Frenchman.
-Aston villa will complete the signings of Robert Huth and Wayne Bridge before the transfer deadline on wednesday night.
-Arsenal have confirmed they WILL sign Pavel Nedved before the end of the transfer window for £8.5 million pounds
-Having completed the loan signing of Roma's Matteo Ferrari, Everton will sign Andy Van Der Meyde from Inter Milan for £2 million, Nuno Valente from Porto for £1.25 Million and a striker rumoured to be Benni McCarthy of Porto for around £5.5 million.
-Celtic to buy Sol Campbell for £6m to add steel to their defence and are also ready to pay £4m for Johnathon Woodgate! 100% True!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
quiet eh?

some of these rumours are outrageous, but you know what the english tabloids are like

-kewell wont be coming for solomons match (you probably coulda worked it out without me)
-collina (the only international ref i know) has retired
-West Ham will complete a loan deal for Ole Gunner Solskajer on tuesday. It will be a year long loan deal as he tries to regain full fitness.
-Giggs to Mad rid, Owen and Ballack to Old Trafford. Ballack 12 Mil, Owen 7 + Giggs
-West Ham are set to sign loanee striker Jeremie Aliadiere on a full contract after Arsenal accepted a £2.5m bid for the Frenchman.
-Aston villa will complete the signings of Robert Huth and Wayne Bridge before the transfer deadline on wednesday night.
-Arsenal have confirmed they WILL sign Pavel Nedved before the end of the transfer window for £8.5 million pounds
-Having completed the loan signing of Roma's Matteo Ferrari, Everton will sign Andy Van Der Meyde from Inter Milan for £2 million, Nuno Valente from Porto for £1.25 Million and a striker rumoured to be Benni McCarthy of Porto for around £5.5 million.
-Celtic to buy Sol Campbell for £6m to add steel to their defence and are also ready to pay £4m for Johnathon Woodgate! 100% True!
Wah!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Horse

HSC
Nedved heading to Arsenal? Jeepers I hadn't heard a single thing. Was I the only one who hadn't heard that one?

Edit: @bJ_Bhoy 87 - How come my post skipped before yours? How odd!

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
dont worry about not hearing these rumours. i got them from this site:

http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

heh, they're probably not true, but worth reading for a laugh

i liked the celtic ones they put up. usually they say that every epl club is stealing our players, but last year apparently we were buying shevchenko for $15mil. Like we have that money

Crazy Horse said:
I always seem to be late. Anyways finished EE2!!

feels good doesnt it? i managed to keep up with football and do EE2, an effort im proud of

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
And finally – COME ON SYDNEY!!! I can't wait for the Melbourne away game. Anyone else planning to fly down?
Keep the A-League talk in the A-League thread ;)

T

timbk2

LIVERPOOl have rejected an £8million offer for France international striker Djibril Cisse.

Shrewd Spurs chairman Daniel Levy contacted Liverpool at the weekend with his bid, which is almost half of the £14m the Anfield club paid to Auxerre for the exciting but erratic forward.

Liverpool have turned down the cash as they want more, but Spurs think they have a chance because the Kop need to raise funds in their bid for new players - including Michael Owen.

Now Spurs will turn their attentions to Chelsea's Carlton Cole after losing Egyptian striker Mido for a probable four games.

Daily Mirror 29 August 2005

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I read that Tottenham will be increasing their offer for Dirk Kuyt.

Crazy Horse

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
feels good doesnt it? i managed to keep up with football and do EE2, an effort im proud of
Sure does! :D

haha - Jealous. :)

@Tim - Thats a relief.

@HeCtic - I'll remember that from now on :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
I've talked to a few of you separately and all have said yea if it's a go ahead.....
I think meeting up before/after a match would be a good idea but what does everyone think?
Az by request, I'll put my hand up first.

T

timbk2

LMF^^ said:
Az by request, I'll put my hand up first.
ditto! somewhere in the city? wentworth park? domain?

or inner-west... strathfield park..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
timbk2 said:
ditto! somewhere in the city? wentworth park? domain?

or inner-west... strathfield park..
I thought itz a match gatherin and not a friendly football match. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)