The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Arsenal want Kuyt, the left foot striker would play well alongside Henry, as long as he stays. I dont know why they are linked to so many strikers though, they need to fill the hole in centre midfield.
Yeah, that's what I would have thought too, but they're citing reasons such Bergkamp being in the twilight of his career and the uncertain future of Henry. But then again, RvPersie and Reyes should be able to carry the mantle for the time-being. The issue lies in the centre of the park.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Bolton 1-0 Tottenham
I don't see how Nolan is constantly overlooked for England
Well, Sven was at the match, and Nolan did score a solid goal (struck the woodwork as well), so who knows, he might get the nod at some stage, although personally I'd like to see the likes of Michael Carrick given a chance. I'm pretty sure the squad he's named to face Argentina is finalised, and looking at their MF personnel, it'd be difficult to see Nolan breaking through at this stage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4408740.stm

Crazy Horse

HSC
Boys check the bday column down the bottom of the first page of the forum.

Happy birthday Jimmy.

Hope your drinking to your hearts content.

johnny_87

HSC
Happy b'day Jimmy! Have a good one mate

The Arse need a replacement for Henry, who will go to Barca either in January or after the season. I haven't seen Kuyt but he's scored 53 goals in the past 2 seasons, so he must be doing something right. It seems as though Van Persie is finally in some sort of form for them too.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
arsenal have been strongly linked with fernando torres, but i think we have to do everything possible to resign thierry, if not get a big price for him ...
about filling the hole in midfield ... arsenal have been linked with papa bouba diop and reo coker as far as i know ...
i think were also in dire need of a class GK and DC, running thin in that area/(all area'sactually), it is rumored that arsenal might sell a.cole to r.madrid in return for baptista ... not a good move imo, clichy/hoyte not ready ...

happy bday jimmy !!

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I think the bosses of Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd are sleeping with Sven.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Happy bday Jimmy, must be smokin that chronic right now, wish I can do that too. :(

Swappin Ashley fo Baptista iz foolish, Gael Clichy ain't ready fo top flight football just yet.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
RUB!X said:
arsenal have been strongly linked with fernando torres, but i think we have to do everything possible to resign thierry, if not get a big price for him ...
about filling the hole in midfield ... arsenal have been linked with papa bouba diop and reo coker as far as i know ...
i think were also in dire need of a class GK and DC, running thin in that area, it is rumored that arsenal might sell a.cole to r.madrid in return for baptista ...
In my opinion, the Gunners are thin pretty much in every dept. As for the MF hole, they’d be better-off going for someone with decent experience, they’ve already got the likes of Febregas and Flamini. Dunno about Henry’s future; and Torres, well he won’t be cheap, that’s for sure. If they fork out for him, it’d only mean stalling on other areas of the park. That said, I doubt he’ll be joining Arsenal.

bazookajoe said:
I think the bosses of Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd are sleeping with Sven.
Oh mate, that's just foul.

Jimmy: Have a good one mate.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Happy B'day Jimmy.

Agree LMF, Cole for Baptista? Wtf kind of an idea is that? Arsenal already have plenty of players who can play in Baptista's role. They have 1 Cole. The few games where Clichy has started this season they've looked very vulnerable on the left.

johnny_87

HSC
Sven should get the sack. I wouldn't be surprised if he does after the WC. England's team, on paper, is probably almost the best (apart from Brazil). All they need is a top coach and they will do exceptionally well.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Sven should get the sack. I wouldn't be surprised if he does after the WC. England's team, on paper, is probably almost the best (apart from Brazil). All they need is a top coach and they will do exceptionally well.
Sven will definitely be on his way, resignation or termination, should the English fail to make the Semis, I seriously doubt the Quarters will suffice this time around.

johnny_87

HSC
They have an abundance of players to call on.

Defenders - Terry, Rio, Campbell, King, Cole, Carragher, Neville, Bridge, Brown and Woodgate

Mids - Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Cole, SWP, Hargreaves, Carrick, Nolan, Parker, Jenas and Dyer.

Strikers - Owen, Rooney, Defoe and Cole (although aging). Vassell and Crouch are not that great.

There's a solid 14 players there (excluding the starting and bench keepers).

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

Im getting ready for the midweek scottish league cup tie. Should be a cracker, Id love to be able to kick the dogs when they are down this low, and being at Parkhead i expect nothing but a win. Then after the international break the Bhoys play them again at home. Win that, and I cant see Rangers defending the league, Celtic being 15 points ahead.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Paragon said:
Sven will definitely be on his way, resignation or termination, should the English fail to make the Semis, I seriously doubt the Quarters will suffice this time around.
I was thinking the same. If he doesn't make semis he's gone.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
happy birthday jimmy!

you know maybe alot of the english players are overhyped due to the wide exposure of the EPL. out of the list johnny posted, there are perhaps 6 exceptional players, but the rest wouldnt really stand out in any other quality teams in the world..

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
happy birthday jimmy!

you know maybe alot of the english players are overhyped due to the wide exposure of the EPL. out of the list johnny posted, there are perhaps 6 exceptional players, but the rest wouldnt really stand out in any other quality teams in the world..
Yeah, I'd probably say 7 or 8, but I guess that's roughly about what you'd get in many other national teams out there. But I don't think they're overhyped though, the fact that we get exposure to the EPL means we get to see the players' qualities, or lack thereof, first-hand. The players themselves aren't overhyped, but relative to other leagues in the world, they would definitely be just that, considering there are so many footballers whom we know nothing of.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I have missed alot on this forum due to my university exams but I was extremely happy with Man Utd's performance against Chelsea on the weekend :) . Especially after that huge defeat to Middlesborough and our loss to Lille. Our defense was solid and of all people... Fletcher scored!!! (he still shouldn't make the starting side though). Ronaldo was also brilliant...setting up the goal and terrorising Ferreira down the left flank all game. My belief that Chelsea will inevitably win the premiership has still not changed but at least there is a glimmer of hope now. I really hope that Ferguson buys a quality midfielder, i.e- Ballack in the transfer period. Arsenal also need to buy a quality central midfield player if they still have any plans to challenge Chelsea for the title.

donkeydrop

HSC
yeah. Well done to Man Utd. That lebanese look-a-like C.Ronaldo was definitely important in that match. What a champion!

I hope Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will make full recovery. I doubt he will feature in Ferguson's plans but hopefully im wrong. Ruud, Wayne "fock off" Rooney, Smithy, Saha - a lot of competition. Maybe somewhere in the attacking midfield position. Anyways, he is a champion and im sure matthew#1 agrees!

Jeez, im excited about Bolton W. I really hope that Svenny will notice Kevin Nolan. He deserves to be given a chance in the England squad. I will declare jihad if Svenny doesnt give him a chance.

p.s. Dynamo Kiev beat Shahtar 1:0. Rebrov scored!!!!!

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
My English lineup would be:

Robinson
Ferdinand Terry Campbell
Becks Lampard Gerrard Cole
SWP
Rooney Owen

Risky, i know, but i'll explain my decision later...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)