The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
What I was saying was that Robinho couldn't possibly qualify for a place in the shortlist when he's played a grand total of around 11 games for Real. Before that he was plying his trade at Santos.

donkeydrop

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
benny you got an admirer ;)

haha everyone had a soft spot for chelsea when back in the zola days...

i started following milan back when gullit and van basten were going strong in the early 90s ... but since no1 gives a shit about serie a here mostly i decided to pick a second team in the epl... i jump on the man utd bandwagon as well cuz of giggsy and cantona (and cuz shitloads of my friends went for liverpool)
he he i agree, shame that Marko had to retire early.......dont forget George Weah absolute champion !!!! :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah, legend.... will never forget that length of the field goal he scored against verona i think it was..

haha garcia before xabi alonso... or even hamann lmao,

what about heinze? crespo did better than owen...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Out of all those nominated for the Ballon d'Or, there is one goalkeeper named: Buffon. a bit surprising, i dont think a keeper has won it since Lev Yashin, and probably never will. Keepers never get any glory :(

Things dont look too bad for George Burley, it looks as if hes headed to Norwich after leaving Hearts. Sorry, I'll correct myself, things do look bad, a major turnaround is needed for the Canaries to make it next year. He's also been linked to Birmingham, Newcastle and the huns.

As for other rumours, Im sick of other clubs being linked to our players. West Ham and Birmingham are linked to Hero Hartson for £5mil, Fulham is linked to Stilian for godknowshowmuch, Arse is still being linked to Boruc despite him putting pen to paper, and Thompson, Sutton, Balde are all supposed to leave. And we arent being linked to anyone, thats what hurts the most. Zurawski, Nakamura, Boruc and Du Wei are doing good to great, but i think we still miss Larsson. Come back, Henrik!!!

And I've heard Crazy Horse is going to take the Irish head job.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Crazy Horse refers to Emlyn Hughes, I believe it's Kenny Dalglish who's rumoured to be taking charge of Ireland.

Also there were 4 keepers nominated: Coupet, Cech, Dida and Buffon.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Good for a laugh and/or wishing ...

It is rumoued that Ballack has agreed to a 3 year deal with ManU. Plus The transfer is set as Ballack for Ronaldo swap and 10million another more believable option is Ballack will move on a bosman ruling ...

Arsenal apparently have a 30million budget, linkages include ...
Julius Aghahowa, Pape Bouba Diop(WTF!!), Teves, Torres, Reo-Coker, Fabrizio Miccoli, Kirkland and Cassano ...

Liverpool linkages
Mexes, Upson, Evra, Simao, Joaquin, Vicente, Gonzales, Torres, Kompany and Woodgate ...

Interesting ... and it is said Rafa will be on his way if Pool dont finish in the top 6 ... haha that would be quite funny ... having all those Spainish players stuck there ...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lampard will go close, ronaldinho, kaka or one of the lyon boys is my pick

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The Ballon D'pr will probably go to Ronaldinho, Lampard or Kaka I think. Lyon? Doubtful, when was the last time a player from a French club won award of note. Their recognition in the shortlist is all the reward they'll get.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Ronaldinho should take the prizes of Europe. I cant see how anyone tops him.

Benny_ said:
Crazy Horse refers to Emlyn Hughes, I believe it's Kenny Dalglish who's rumoured to be taking charge of Ireland..
My mistake, I'm not the greatest authority of 80's Pool players. Lucky there are plenty of Liverpool fans to have at least one correct me.

Benny_ said:
Also there were 4 keepers nominated: Coupet, Cech, Dida and Buffon.
Again, my mistake. It still doesnt take away from the point that keepers dont get glory. You midfielders and forwards get all the prizes, dontcha?

Me said:
And I've heard Crazy Horse is going to take the Irish [size=+2]head job.[/size]
Was I on acid last night? I just realised what I said. I'm lucky my post made some sort of sense...

benny_2 said:
hello to all
i am a very keen liverpool supporter and have been my whole life
my dad followed them as a youngster tought me young with videosshowing of the likes of kenny delglish. (if you dont no him u aint a supporter)
so to all u man utd. supporters who have jumped on da bandwagon since
winning their titles a few years back well done.
gettin on da good teams, like all aussies do.
and as for football here n australia
please dont talk about catch me f#%k me cos dat aint football.
go the aussie rules and go the mighty reds
can someone get me a translater?

johnny_87

HSC
Knowing what lengths Kenyon is prepared to go to, I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard wins it. Another visit to the dry cleaners is in order Mr Kenyon. Your trousers are rather dirty...

Ronaldinho should win it. He has been consistently the best player in Spain and the CL.

johnny_87

HSC
The scousers are really struggling lately. I think my prediction from the previous page may occur - they will miss a CL spot AGAIN! Spurs for 4th.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Liverpool crash out of League Cup to Palace.
hahaha palace beat the 'euro champs'

hang on, thats my team :(

where's crazy horse? im sure she can sort things out

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Was I on acid last night? I just realised what I said. I'm lucky my post made some sort of sense...
LoL I saw it
And thatz why I said itz sig material
:D

And Liverpool, hahahahahaha.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ferdy's Moans At Skipper's Bland Music

Rio Ferdinand has revealed the reason behind England's recent shambolic displays: David Beckham's terrible taste in music. Sven Goran Eriksson has been blamed for the national side's dire performances in their defeats to Denmark and Northern Ireland. But Ferdinand claims the real culprit is Beckham's CD collection, which he says is even duller than Eriksson's team talks.

David Anderson, Daily Mirror

Hahahaha, maybe cauz Beckz iz still listenin to hiz wivez songz...?

Jimmy_B

HSC
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...watch+Toure&lid=2&channel=Football_Home&f=rss

United to watch Toure

Manchester United are sending chief scout Martin Ferguson to Olympiakos' UEFA Champions League match with Lyon on November 1.

The Red Devils are keen to sign a top-class midfielder either in January's transfer window or next summer and are scouring Europe for possible targets.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of a number of Lyon players, including Mahamadou Diarra, Juninho Pernambucano and Florent Malouda, rumours have predictably started in Greece suggesting United are also watching one of the home team stars.

Yaya Toure, brother of Arsenal defender Kolo, is reportedly the man in question after making a huge impact in a holding midfield role since joining Olympiakos.

Although only being at the Athens club for three and a half months, the 22-year-old has caught the eye and is also attracting interest from Lyon.

Toure, who Kolo claims is better than him, has also played for Beveren (Arsenal's feeder club) and Metalurg Donetsk.

It was a little surprising that Arsene Wenger did not bring him to Highbury and it would certainly be an intriguing development if he was to end up at Old Trafford instead.

now this would be funny. maybe we should try and sign him too ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Charlton 1-1 (5-4 pens) Chelsea . Well done, one less trophy for the Roman army.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's just the centre of defence: Huth (or Rikky if he was playing). Well, looks like most of the Chelsea Second XI will be back on bench warming / stand sitting duty for their failure to win.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Huth had a shocker...his error lead to the Charlton goal and he missed a penalty in the shootout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)