The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
Nah, those r just one of the fake kits floatin round the net :p

Apparently these are the 'highly confidential' designs:
These are the same or very similar to the kits Jimmy posted aren't they? I think that they look pretty good. The Euro design is different but very nice in my opinion. I wish that Man United would re-introduce a special Euro kit...but I suppose that we should concentrate on making it further into the Champions League before that happens :).

- L1n - said:
Descendents of Convicts has no right to tell anyone to get out of anywhere.
Shut the fuck up, - L1n -. This thread is for discussions relating to football. Post your racist comments elsewhere.

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
We used to have a different kit for Europe Matt. Remember the Treble season? Those jerseys were awesome.

johnny_87

HSC
Matt, who do you think we'll sell and sign in the transfer window? I'm wondering if we are holding off with Diarra so that we don't seem desperate and end up buying him for a little less after the WC.

otay

HSC
johnny_87 said:
Matt, who do you think we'll sell and sign in the transfer window? I'm wondering if we are holding off with Diarra so that we don't seem desperate and end up buying him for a little less after the WC.
Well there is the rumour goin around that Ruud will go. I don't know if this is wise, even though he did find it hard to start towards the end of the season and Saha is pretty good. I think thouh if anyway should go its gotta be Ferguson. I know how you fans love him oh so much and he's been a great servent to your club, but all pros have expiry dates

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
These are the same or very similar to the kits Jimmy posted aren't they? I think that they look pretty good. The Euro design is different but very nice in my opinion. I wish that Man United would re-introduce a special Euro kit...but I suppose that we should concentrate on making it further into the Champions League before that happens :).

Shut the fuck up, - L1n -. This thread is for discussions relating to football. Post your racist comments elsewhere.

Why don't u STFU obviously i was responding to someone else's racist comment idiot.

johnny_87

HSC
otay - Who would replace him? It's not just about results at Man Utd. When we played 4-3-3 it was booed. The next manager must be up to the job but at the same time it is essential that exciting football is played. I don't mean to sound arrogant but that's the way Utd have always been.

At the moment, I'm not sure there's anyone around who could get the results whilst playing exciting football.

Don't forget, with all the problems this season (Keane going, playing Smith, Fletcher, Giggs and O'shea in CM), we STILL managed to finish 8 pts behind Chel$cum and above Liverpool and miles ahead of Arsenal. With some world class CMs and maybe another winger/striker, we could challenge Chel$cum.

- L1n -

HSC
otay said:
Well there is the rumour goin around that Ruud will go. I don't know if this is wise, even though he did find it hard to start towards the end of the season and Saha is pretty good. I think thouh if anyway should go its gotta be Ferguson. I know how you fans love him oh so much and he's been a great servent to your club, but all pros have expiry dates

If Ruud goes we need to sign anohter world class striker, as much as i think Saha is great coming off the bench to me his not our answer to 25-30 goals per season striker. We need a DMF to fill Keane's Shoes unless u prefer A.Smith, so Diarra would pretty much be priority in terms of getting players in, but if we get Diarra and Ruud goes that creates another issue. Ruud is only 29, 3 to 4 more yrs easy.

- L1n -

HSC
johnny_87 said:
otay - Who would replace him? It's not just about results at Man Utd. When we played 4-3-3 it was booed. The next manager must be up to the job but at the same time it is essential that exciting football is played. I don't mean to sound arrogant but that's the way Utd have always been.

At the moment, I'm not sure there's anyone around who could get the results whilst playing exciting football.

Don't forget, with all the problems this season (Keane going, playing Smith, Fletcher, Giggs and O'shea in CM), we STILL managed to finish 8 pts behind Chel$cum and above Liverpool and miles ahead of Arsenal. With some world class CMs and maybe another winger/striker, we could challenge Chel$cum.
Yeh ur right to beat CHelsea we have to act like Chelsea start spending like theres no tomorrow. But as Barcelona proved u don't have to be like Chelsea to be an Success, all we need is a few missing pieces to our jigsaw puzzle, what Chelsea is doing is adding extra pieces to holes already filled up. DMF, Winger is pretty much what we need right now assuming Ruud stays.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Why don't u STFU obviously i was responding to someone else's racist comment idiot.
yes, maybe you were just responding to someone else's racist comment... but responding to a racist comment with one of your own is pretty hypocritical and just drags you down to their level. Learn to grow up and respect everyone for who they are. Racism is one of the foremost problems in football today, and it is inconsiderate people like you that are responsible for this. Idiot.

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
yes, maybe you were just responding to someone else's racist comment... but responding to a racist comment with one of your own is pretty hypocritical and just drags you down to their level. Learn to grow up and respect everyone for who they are. Racism is one of the foremost problems in football today, and it is inconsiderate people like you that are responsible for this. Idiot.

Rasicism is part of football but the comments i made with him had nothing to do with football. yeh i am respecting for who he is but if his gonna say shit then i have my rights to respond in the same attitude, i was being inconsiderate becos i was stating an pt and sticking up to his comments? so u rather all the Azn's on this board to just let shit like that pass pretending nothin happened? Idiot.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
- L1n - said:
Descendents of Convicts has no right to tell anyone to get out of anywhere.
Yeah, because all whites are descended from convicts.

Retard.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Not many strikers like Ruud who can hold the ball up so well, it would be a shame if he leaves. And there are not many world class strikers out there atm. Maybe SAF will gamble on Anelka? lol

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
It has been stated before that our main priority it a DM...so yes, maybe Fergie is planning to purchase Diarra for a cheaper price after the world cup. He would be a good buy. As for defender and strikers, we don't need to make any changes unless Ruud leaves. Fergie is also apparently looking at Riquelme. He is a great player for Villareal and Argentina no doubt, but they base their whole game around him. I also have doubts about his suitability to the EPL. Inter's Cambiasso is also linked with us. In my opinion, though, I think that Diarra would be a good purchase.

The only other position that we could improve is by signing a quality AM. I think that Marseille's speedy Franck Ribery would be a good purchase. We are also strongly linked with Gudjohnsen for this role. Ribery and Diarra would be the best buys for United in my opinion.

As for who we should sell, Fortune is strongly linked with Celtic and Silvestre should probably return to France.

Last edited:

- L1n -

HSC
copious said:
Not many strikers like Ruud who can hold the ball up so well, it would be a shame if he leaves. And there are not many world class strikers out there atm. Maybe SAF will gamble on Anelka? lol
Anelka is a good player, but is he good enough to be a replacement for Ruud. I'll say the only reason Fergie would sell Ruud is to cash in on him before he starts depreciating in value, kind of like what he did to Beckham. Cashed in.

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
It has been stated before that our main priority it a DM...so yes, maybe Fergie is planning to purchase Diarra for a cheaper price after the world cup. He would be a good buy. As for defender and strikers, we don't need to make any changes unless Ruud leaves. Fergie is also apparently looking at Riquelme. He is a great player for Villareal and Argentina no doubt, but they base their whole game around him. I also have doubts about his suitability to the EPL. Inter's Cambiasso is also linked with us. In my opinion, though, I think that Diarra would be a good purchase.

The only other position that we could improve is by signing a quality AM. I think that Marseille's speedy Franck Ribery would be a good purchase. We are also strongly linked with Gudjohnsen for this role. Ribery and Diarra would be the best buys for United in my opinion.

As for who we should sell, Fortune is strongly linked with Celtic and Silvestre should probably return to France.

Gudjohnsen will definitely cost more than his worth, bad deal for united. Chelsea would jack his price up for sure. As much as i think Riquelme is a good playmaker, my bet still stands on AImar>Riquelme, atleast Aimar would be suited better for the premiership. I think Diarra or Mascherano either will do the job well. Isn't Fortunes contracts expiring real fast,thougt they would just let him be and go free agent. Silvestre his stuffed up but end of the day his done more good than bad for united, Main culprit is Wes Brown.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Rasicism is part of football but the comments i made with him had nothing to do with football. yeh i am respecting for who he is but if his gonna say shit then i have my rights to respond in the same attitude, i was being inconsiderate becos i was stating an pt and sticking up to his comments? so u rather all the Azn's on this board to just let shit like that pass pretending nothin happened? Idiot.
I'm not against Asians sticking up for themselves...I just think that there are better ways to deal with racist comments then responding with further racism. If you are not happy with a racist comment...then telling someone that racism is unacceptable is a much more effective method of solving the problem. Responding with racist remarks just continues the problem. Idiot.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Silvestre his stuffed up but end of the day his done more good than bad for united, Main culprit is Wes Brown.
Wes Brown used to be pretty crap, but he has developed into one of the best English centre-backs. Silvestre did some good things towards the end of the last season, but Brown is better in my opinion. I think that most regular followers of the EPL would agree with me in saying that Brown is more reliable than Silvestre.

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
I'm not against Asians sticking up for themselves...I just think that there are better ways to deal with racist comments then responding with further racism. If you are not happy with a racist comment...then telling someone that racism is unacceptable is a much more effective method of solving the problem. Responding with racist remarks just continues the problem. Idiot.
That varies from person to person.

johnny_87

HSC
Matt - I too think we will end up with Diarra and Ribery (for a combined total of about 30m pds). Then we can sell Silvestre, and there are rumours we will sell Spector (maybe 2-3m pds?). Fortune is gone already, we announced a few months ago that we were letting him go as his contract expires. If we bring in just the 1 CM (Diarra), I wonder what Fergie will do with Fletcher and Jones.

Although it's only tribalfootball, they say that AC Milan have agrred a 10m pd fee for Cagliari striker David Suazo, but Suazo is hesitant as he wants regular football. If he does go, will it mean that Ruud is staying, or that he is going to Inter if Adriano goes to Madrid? Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)