The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
It's all a pshycological game. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Even if they are just playing mind games...the little Japanese will be in a shambles when they come up against our highly physical style of play:) .

stazi

Nightman
HSC
japan was missing two key players in their malta game though: their strikers.

otay

HSC
Fuckn hell apart from Matt#1 and a few others the negativity on this board is sickening. You sound like whingeing Poms. i'll restate what I said earlier. Maybe we can't expect to beat Brazil, but we can believe we can beat them and I believe we can and I wont be a bit surprised if we do. Happy yeah. Are we favourites? No. But I wouldnt be too shocked. I mean for fucks sake. Holland aren't exactly another ordinary team like greece. They are 3rd in the world. They are an absolute GUN team. And they struggled to beat us. Read the headlines today. Ruud et co think Australia will be a hard team to beat and can go quite far. So throw your pesimistic attitudes out the door and cheer the boys on. And be fucking positive for gods sake. We may not be favourites but we're certainly in with a decent chance unlike some of the views of people on this board.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
otay said:
We may not be favourites but we're certainly in with a decent chance unlike some of the views of people on this board.
How much are you willing to bet on that?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I agree with otay. Everyone thinks that a loss to Brazil is all but certain. The WC is all about luck and who plays better on day regardless of their relative strength on paper - and there is recent WC history to prove this i.e. Bulgaria in 1994; Norway beating Brazil in 1998; Croatia in 1998; France, Senegal, Turkey and Korea in 2002 - so don't count out the Socceroos.

As for the Asians - shut the fuck up. Football is by far the most popular sport in Australia right from the grassroots level. The level of quality that Australia has produced in the past and will produce in the future is unbelievable. So good, in fact, that Australia will one day be a top 10 footballing nation. The only difference between the past and now is that the right authorities and groups are working towards harnessing this potential into something meaningful. So don't give me this cricket bullshit as I'm sure that you will be eating your words when Japan and Korea do shit and Australia starts winning the Asian Cups in the coming years.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Even if they are just playing mind games...the little Japanese will be in a shambles when they come up against our highly physical style of play:) .
Nakamura.

Pwned.

Also, just because they're taller doesn't mean you can win through sheer strength, remember the last world cup? and italy in 66?

otay

HSC
what971 said:
DuDe WhErE aRe ThE aSiAnZ?!
@komit - just one more week to go, we shall see.. :)
Being the betting man I am I'd say they are, as politik's sig suggests, reading bookie's blog in the hope that it FINALLY works

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Komit said:
As for the Asians - shut the fuck up. I'm sure that you will be eating your words when Japan and Korea do shit and Australia starts winning the Asian Cups in the coming years.
Well said Komit:) . Australia is already the best team in the Asian Confederation.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Well said Komit:) . Australia is already the best team in the Asian Confederation.
12th June. Australia. Will. Be. Destroyed.

Go Japan!!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
what971 said:

Go Japan!!!!
Are you a Korean supportin Japan...? Wow I'll never see that one comin...

And as fo Parky boy, I hope he does well, but other than that Korea won't make much impact at the World Cup. 1-3 against Ghana is hardly inspiring.

Australia do look like one of the more competitive teams in the AFC atm, however I don't believe we are where we think we are yet. It sounds like some ppl here already think we'll win the next Asian Cup easily, which obviously won't be the case.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Some of my relatives are Japanese, so don't take my words, as representing the average Korean. Who all happen to be Japanese haters. :(

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Komit said:
Sterjovski is an excellent player and does fit into the Socceroos squad quite nicely. The reason Sterjovski is there is that he can run off Viduka and create extra hassles for the opposing defence. You can put his poor crossing and passing down to a long absence from the squad - but then again, everyone's passing was shit.
Sterjovski is utter garbage. The only good facet of his play is that he makes good runs, other than that, he is an absolute liability of a player. His terribly substandard passing and crossing, plus his inability to get past opponents is just ridiculous. There is no end-product to his play, and he hardly merits a place on the bench let alone first 11, akin to the likes of Jesper Gronkjaer and Danny Mills.

Komit said:
The WC is all about luck and who plays better on day regardless of their relative strength on paper - and there is recent WC history to prove this i.e. Bulgaria in 1994; Norway beating Brazil in 1998; Croatia in 1998; France, Senegal, Turkey and Korea in 2002 - so don't count out the Socceroos.
I guess you mean 'lack of' for France in '02. But yeah, what you said about luck and playing better on the day definitely goes a far way in tourneys like this.

what971 said:

Go Japan!!!!
Either you’re going out of your way to be bigoted against Australia, or it comes naturally for you, or this is your attempt to humour yourself. Pitiful on all accounts.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
How bout, I actually think Japan will win? What? you think because they are shorter, they will automatically lose? - the Japanese midfield has better/more skillful players than Australia, your defence also sucks and Mark Viduka never scores.

You will lose. Japan will win because they have better players/team.

otay

HSC
what971 said:
You will lose. Japan will win because they have better players/team.
You know nothing about sport. Better players even better teams does not guarantee a win. Sure it helps, but ultimately heart, determination and will power is what does it (as cliched as it sounds), or in the case of South Korea dodgy refereeing (yeah i said it biatch). This applies to all sport. Look at the Ashes last year, the State of Origin a few weeks back, etc. etc. Enuff of your bullshit.And what the fuck does "we are the pwnage you" fucking mean. Speak english for fucks sake.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
or in the case of South Korea dodgy refereeing (yeah i said it biatch)

Go back to Italy, whinging fucker. You are the pwnaged. kthnxbai. Now fuck off, punk.

Seriously, how many of you dickheads are going to keep saying that. Losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)