The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Re: The Official Football Thread 2006/2007

Numero Uno said:
heh liverpool V man utd
thats gonna be a classic, hopefully liverpool can come up with the win this time around
Rio to do it again. :)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Some last minute moves overnight,

Danny Murphy Addicks to Spurs
d"Allesandro from Wolfsburg to Pompey, a quality buy and could just pull them out of the relegation zone
Spurs also get Ghaly from Feyenoord
Blackburn get Sinama Pongolle on loan
And apparently Josip Skoko turned down a loan to Stoke.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I can't believe D'Allesandro signed for Pompey. My god does the man have no self respect? Oh well, I'm sure he'll be available on the cheap once they get relegated.

Murphy will supposedly be played in an advanced role, so he's actually not another midfielder, but another striker. Defoe almost certainly on his way out in the summer now?

Also Spartak has signed Quincy Owusu Abeyie from Arsenal. Surprising. The few times I've seen him he's looked to be very difficult to handle. I guess he's a similar sort of player to Walcott though.

Disappointed that Flo is out on loan, hopefully he'll get plenty of starts and can be a big player for us next season.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Woot we have signed someone to fill the Repka void at right back, some bloke called Lionel Sebastián Scaloni from Deportivo.

Jimmy_B

HSC
scaloni is pretty good, if a little on the slow side.

two top signings in murphy and ghaly, but we can't afford to keep dropping points to shite like fulham. bolton and the scum will eventually close the gap. the hammers better fire tonight.

johnny_87

HSC
It wasn't a great surprise to see Fulham win. Their home record is 8 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses (one of those to Man Utd). Away, they are abysmal (3 draws and 9 losses I think).

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
I can't believe D'Allesandro signed for Pompey. My god does the man have no self respect? Oh well, I'm sure he'll be available on the cheap once they get relegated.
d'Allesandro only joined Pompey on loan, so he'll be back at Wolfsburg at the end of the season. The guy was meant to be one of the 'new Maradonas' to come out of Argentina, along with the likes of Saviola, Riquelme et al but i dun think we've seen the best of him yet...

Jimmy_B

HSC
Routledge, Davis, Mendes, D'Alessandro

pretty impressive midfield for pompey now.

Jimmy_B

HSC
two campbell cock-ups and 2-0 down. fuck he's past it now.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
2142: GOAL Arsenal 1-3 West Ham
It looks all over for Arsenal tonight as Matthew Etherington drills home Nigel Reo-Coker's right-wing centre after a slip by Sebastian Larsson. The shot deflects off two Gunners players on its way in but it must be Etherington's goal.

TAKE THAT GUNNERS @ HIGHBURY TOO!

lol sorry, what a sweet win for my hammers that was!

T

timbk2

gaH... liverpool again conceed in the last 2 mins.. this time to an Own goal.. dammit...

on the positive side... Chelsea held to a draw, and Arsenal and ManU get owned..haha!

well done westham

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahahahaha

manyoos defence, oh gawd....they need help

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Ugh.. what a great opportunity missed to go to second and close the gap on Chelsea a little before going to the Bridge next week. Surely the race is over now.

johnny_87

HSC
Savage the little shite needs to die!

Fergie should have stuck with Rio at the back. Blackburn at home have been strong all season (and the past 2-3 months they've been in good form). Playing 2 new faces, at least one of whom struggles to speak English, was a mistake IMHO. I would have had Ronaldo on the bench and brought him on after an hour or so to run at tired players, which would have helped his confidence.

All things considered (i.e. our midfield problems), losing one point to Liverpool tonight wasn't such a bad result.

Drawing 1-1 at home after having an extra man for 65 minutes against a team in the relegation zone! LOL

The Arse are struggling so much that they're losing at home and not just away!

And are Chelski beginning to lose their consistency just a little?

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
OK, I just spent half an hour trying to log in...

Chelsea and Pool draw, manu and arse lose, so did spurs. This gameweek has been a great one for the bookies for sure. Sunderland winning would have topped it off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)