The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
not quite as much as ole solskjaer.
Eh?

michaelnashid said:
Ey guys random question, who here finks c.ronaldo is a good player...personally, im not a big fan. whilst he has some brilliant moments, most times hes divin and doin useless step overs...i wanna know wat u guys fink...sorry if its a bit off the topic.
Cheers
Yes he dives. He dived his way to 42 goals last season. He dived his way to a Premier League and European Cup double. Don't forget he took a dive to score that header in Moscow. He took a dive to score in Rome. He took a dive to earn a penalty in Barcelona....

If you don't like him, so be it. But if you want to judge him, I suggest you watch him play. As a matter of fact, watch how he became the best player in the world with all those matches he played in season 07/08.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
LMF watch out on the 21st of october, celtic is going to beat Man u, 06/07 we lost 3-2 at old trafford, but got the home win 1-0 thnaks to nakaumara :) this time we will go one better and win both home and away

Mozza91

HSC
michaelnashid said:
Ey guys random question, who here finks c.ronaldo is a good player...personally, im not a big fan. whilst he has some brilliant moments, most times hes divin and doin useless step overs...i wanna know wat u guys fink...sorry if its a bit off the topic.
Cheers
He's the best in the world but if Ronaldinho would get his act together he'd easily be the best

Noodles88

HSC
C. Ronaldo is not the enigma everyone makes him out to be.

He's has had one very successful season, let's see him produce consistently for a number of years before we rank him as one of the greats.

Numerous times he has gone missing when it counts.

Messi is ten times the player C. Ronaldo is if you're looking at attacking minded players.

And as a matter of fact, he isn't the best player in the world.

What makes him the best player? There is no such thing. Put him in defence and he'd be shit.

The best players in the world are the one's with all round games like Gerrard for instance, those who can defend and attack in equal measure.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
LMF watch out on the 21st of october, celtic is going to beat Man u, 06/07 we lost 3-2 at old trafford, but got the home win 1-0 thnaks to nakaumara :) this time we will go one better and win both home and away
Is this the Celtic side that failed to beat Aalborg at home? :)

Noodles88 said:
He's has had one very successful season, let's see him produce consistently for a number of years before we rank him as one of the greats.
Actually he had two very successful seasons in a row.

Numerous times he has gone missing when it counts.
However he scored in the Champions League final.

Messi is ten times the player C. Ronaldo is if you're looking at attacking minded players.
Ronaldo's shooting is ten times better than Messi's though.

The best players in the world are the one's with all round games like Gerrard for instance, those who can defend and attack in equal measure.
Yeah put him in centre-back and he'll be equally shit. :rolleyes:

Noodles88

HSC
Haha, you are so far off the pace.

I'm not denying Ronaldo is a quality player. He is a bloody cracking player with all the skill in the world, BUT i'm just saying it'll be a while in my eyes before he can be compared to the modern day greats like Zidane, etc.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
messi's a better player than ronaldo.
individually a better player, but far more team oriented.

and ole solskjaer is a huge liverpool fan. :p

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Is this the Celtic side that failed to beat Aalborg at home? :)
Meh we were missing some key players, anyway you drew with villareal 0-0 at home, and we just lost to them away with some crazy formation, for some reason the manager decided to use a formation he has never used before and basically left the lone striker samaras stranded without any way of getting the ball

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Noodles88 said:
I'm not denying Ronaldo is a quality player. He is a bloody cracking player with all the skill in the world, BUT i'm just saying it'll be a while in my eyes before he can be compared to the modern day greats like Zidane, etc.
And I didn't compare him to Zidane. I don't think anybody's comparing him to Zidane. He's only 23 or 24, so there's plenty of time left for him to improve himself.

But as of last season, there was no player better than Ronaldo, with maybe the exception of Casillas.

Mozza91

HSC
WTF as if Zidane is the benchmark Ronaldo the Brazilian one was way better then him so was Baggio and Bergkamp and Klinsman

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
Meh we were missing some key players, anyway you drew with villareal 0-0 at home, and we just lost to them away with some crazy formation, for some reason the manager decided to use a formation he has never used before and basically left the lone striker samaras stranded without any way of getting the ball
Face it, Celtic just aren't that flash hot atm.

Comparing Ronaldo to those players are just stupid. Ronaldo is a great player, end of story. He's got the potential to be the greatest of all. And if he stays at United, he'll be a United legend, but we all know that won't happen.

Never knew Ole was a huge Liverpool fan. I just know he scored the winner against Liverpool in the FA Cup in 1999. That was a very, very, very sweet moment indeed. :)

kuytbird

HSC
id rather chelsea over united, but seeing chelsea win it is the next worst thing.
its the only thing they can never seemingly get, and its the thing they want most...and their doing it by buying it, rather then the slow building of a side...if that makes sense.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Face it, Celtic just aren't that flash hot atm.
haha Meh i dont mind if celtic win or lose, im not like the majority of football supports who have posted in this thread who only go for teams that win. I go into celtic back when viduka played for them, he was my favourite player then and ive stuck with them. Leeds and man u are my favourite britishs teamns. Man u cause they were all i was exposed to when i was starting football, and leeds cause i got into them cause of kewell, and i got mocked for liking them for the whole "they arent in the top league". Basically anyone who is like one of my best mates who likes chelease, arsenal and liverpool are fools, you dont just support teams cause they win, look at teams in the low english division they have fans

Mad7

HSC
Lets hope Manchester United Global Corporation stay in their current position.
I want Manchester City to break the top 4, bought team or not, someone needs to do it.

Mad7

HSC
That corporation that sells t-shirts and stuff, and I think they have a team that plays football...or something.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mad7 said:
That corporation that sells t-shirts and stuff, and I think they have a team that plays football...or something.
So you don't really know either? Why mention it if you don't even know about it.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Boro 0 - Chelsea 5 atm, lol Chelsea are raping arse this year with all their injuries eg Drogba, Essien, Ballack, too early too tell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)