The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

kuytbird

HSC
Whilst i hate these boring and inept arguements, i will quietly point out that United havent made the semis of the champs league for 3 years running, or been in the final twice....
and you should enjoy the glory years while there here, becasue they wont last forever.

that is all.

i feel sorry for tottenham. they came so close to smashing tottenham, and i think that if they werent under the pump theyd of smashed them.
theyll pull out of it eventually. give it time.
but hull are doing well. playing to their strengths. might be shit, but it works.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Whilst i hate these boring and inept arguements, i will quietly point out that United havent made the semis of the champs league for 3 years running, or been in the final twice....
and you should enjoy the glory years while there here, becasue they wont last forever.

that is all.

i feel sorry for tottenham. they came so close to smashing tottenham, and i think that if they werent under the pump theyd of smashed them.
theyll pull out of it eventually. give it time.
but hull are doing well. playing to their strengths. might be shit, but it works.
didn't man utd win the last champs league? correct me if i haven't read it properly.

Gael Clichy said:
What's the difference between Spurs and a triangle?

A triangle has three points.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[still pissed at the disparity between arsenal's performance in the champion's league and the epl - ffs get some consistency already]

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Wow, we just won the European Cup in May. Already forgotten about that? And the season before that we made the semi-finals too, losing to Milan. So I don't know where you got that 3 years from.

i feel sorry for tottenham. they came so close to smashing tottenham
Tottenham was playing Tottenham? :p

\/anessa

HSC
kuytbird said:
No, we haven't made the CL semis for 3 years running, but I don't think your boys have either? :confused:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
3 in 4 years he means.

which is why we're on top of the champion's league standings, which takes into account performances in europe over last few years.

Gael Clichy

HSC
gouge.away said:
didn't man utd win the last champs league? correct me if i haven't read it properly.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[still pissed at the disparity between arsenal's performance in the champion's league and the epl - ffs get some consistency already]
Juande Ramos decided that he had to sort out Spurs poor form by going back to basics, so he got all the first team squad at the training ground and said to them.
"See this round white thing, it's a ball, see that long wooden thing with a net, that's a goal. Today I want you to concentrate on kicking the ball into it.
I've place eleven rubbish bins on the pitch, you have to pass and dribble around them and put the ball in the net, I'll be back in half an hour to see how you're getting on."

Five minutes later Gus Poyet goes running into Ramos' office,
"Boss, boss, you'd better get back quick, the bins are 1-0 up"

Gael Clichy

HSC
The Fire brigade phones Juande Ramos in the early hours of Sunday morning...

"...Mr Ramos sir, White Hart Lane is on fire!..."

"The cups man! Save the cups!" cries Juade.

"...Uh, the fire hasn't spread to the canteen yet, sir..."

-------------

Juande Ramos walked into the Spurs Xmas part as a pumpkin. By midnight however, he still hadn't turned into a coach.

-------------

Juande Ramos was caught speeding on his way to White Hart Lane at the weekend.

"Officer, I'll do anything for 3 points", he said when questioned.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
3 in 4 years he means.
And that's still wrong, because we made the semi-finals in 2 consecutive seasons.

Either way, that record is only for commentators to know about. For us fans we only need the trophies.

Noodles88

HSC
LMF^^ said:
And that's still wrong, because we made the semi-finals in 2 consecutive seasons.

Either way, that record is only for commentators to know about. For us fans we only need the trophies.
Yep that's right. Trophies are where it's at.

Liverpool 5 times Champions of Europe.

Manchester United 3 times Champions of Europe.

5 is greater than 3.

Liverpool are more successful.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Noodles88 said:
Yep that's right. Trophies are where it's at.

Liverpool 5 times Champions of Europe.

Manchester United 3 times Champions of Europe.

5 is greater than 3.

Liverpool are more successful.
Nobody disputes that. Liverpool have been more successful in Europe. They've also won 18 league titles too which is 1 more than our 17.

But like you said, the trophies are the most important to the fans. So how's it been for you recently? In the mood for celebrations?

Thanks for trolling. :)

Dr. Oyster

HSC
Gee, Hull has surprised everyone with their good start.

Geovanni!!!

kuytbird

HSC
what i mean is, in a few years down the track, when fergurson is well gone and the glory years are done, you guys will be singing in the exact same way that we do and teams like nottingham forest do. All good things come to an end, so enjoy it whilst it lasts.

and as for the euro cup, taking out the glory years weve been in the final twice in four years, you guys have won it, and a bit further back u won it again.
Its very close between the two, and we could probably argue all week for who has the greater pedigree.
Put simply, im a liverpool fan, and ur a united fan :)

And plus, as long as chelscum dont win it, im happy :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Firstly, I don't dispute Liverpool's trophy record. I'm simply giving it to the that guy who was trolling around before.

With regards to the future, who knows what will happen. Obviously when Ferguson retires there will be challenges that will lie ahead. Whoever succeeds him will have very very big shoes to fill. However, I do believe that Sir Alex will give his successor a very good foundation to build upon.

Why would a Liverpool fan want to see a team like United win the title ahead of a team like Chelsea? I can't understand that. For me, as long as Liverpool don't win it, it's all good. Say if it's a Champions League final between Liverpool and Chelsea, I'll cheer for Chelsea instead. Even though the after taste will be just as bad, it still gives me ammunition to give to the Scousers. :)

At least there's one Liverpool player that doesn't hate United as much as the rest, that is Javier "Red Devil" Mascherano. :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
With regards to the future, who knows what will happen. Obviously when Ferguson retires there will be challenges that will lie ahead. Whoever succeeds him will have very very big shoes to fill. However, I do believe that Sir Alex will give his successor a very good foundation to build upon.
The same could be said for the Liverpool team which won the club's last ever League title to date (1989/90 season), under Kenny Daglish, and look at what Graeme Souness ended up doing...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
The same could be said for the Liverpool team which won the club's last ever League title to date (1989/90 season), under Kenny Daglish, and look at what Graeme Souness ended up doing...
Times have changed my friend. Back in those days, there were very few foreign (non-British/Irish) managers managing English clubs. Now the market is much more open, and with the sort of money now involved in the English game, all the top managers would want to take the helm of a team like Manchester United.

Graeme Souness is my hero. :)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Firstly, I don't dispute Liverpool's trophy record. I'm simply giving it to the that guy who was trolling around before.

Why would a Liverpool fan want to see a team like United win the title ahead of a team like Chelsea? I can't understand that. For me, as long as Liverpool don't win it, it's all good. Say if it's a Champions League final between Liverpool and Chelsea, I'll cheer for Chelsea instead. Even though the after taste will be just as bad, it still gives me ammunition to give to the Scousers. :)

At least there's one Liverpool player that doesn't hate United as much as the rest, that is Javier "Red Devil" Mascherano. :D

not quite as much as ole solskjaer.

michaelnashid

HSC
Ey guys random question, who here finks c.ronaldo is a good player...personally, im not a big fan. whilst he has some brilliant moments, most times hes divin and doin useless step overs...i wanna know wat u guys fink...sorry if its a bit off the topic.
Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)