The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

georgefren

HSC
It's tough. And there was so much good form last year, with their start ... argh. If only Fabregas gets back in the form he was in before, and abedayors strike rate goes up and walcott starts doing something with that talent ...

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
haha. Given up hope already?
no pun intended?

Groucho Marxist said:
Real Madrid are a complete circus, they'll pay anything. They paid £20 million for Lassana Diarra ffs! Either way, Lyon are tough but there's no way they'll be able to resist a move of £25 million+. You're right about him being cup-tied but he desperately wants to move and Real Madrid are desperate for strikers. Either way they are completely fucked in the Champions League... lucky lucky Liverpool.

They don't need cash. They have it and they'll spend whatever they've got.

Marseille is the club he served longest for in France, but his career isn't over and Milan desperately need a defender of his calibre.

yep, City aren't gonna be able to lure all the Buffon's and Kaka's to Manchester but they're two realistic and rather good buys.

dos Santos is Mexican. A move to Mexico would be a step backwards considering he is one of the most wanted teenagers in Europe. Barca will probably buy back at a lower price. Either way, Redknapp desperately wants to get rid of him.

Riise has been a disaster for Roma, Newcastle are really the only club I've heard him linked to.

Defoe is proven to be a solid Premier League striker and he's a favourite of Redknapp. Adams is inexperienced in the transfer market and has every chance of losing the player who is very unhappy at Portsmouth.

a lower price than the 5 million odd tottenham paid upfront?....surely if barca considered him to be such a hot prospect they wouldnt have sold him for so little in the first place...
and anything less than 5 million can be afforded by most teams in england, spain and italy

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
UltimateSupremo said:
lol
shay given to arsenal? and almunia no.2?
lol i hope so, i doubt it though.
that being said, arsenal seem to be the only top side without a genuine world class keeper.
given wants to leave and arsenal have 'apparently' inquired about him several times, so there is always a slight possibility

HSC
Izzay said:
a lower price than the 5 million odd tottenham paid upfront?....surely if barca considered him to be such a hot prospect they wouldnt have sold him for so little in the first place...
and anything less than 5 million can be afforded by most teams in england, spain and italy
It rises to £8.6 million depending on appearances, but regardless, it was a ploy. If Barça buy him back in the next two years we get 20% of the transfer fee. dos Santos was never going to fit in with the English game, he's way too small and gets muscled off the ball everytime he touches it.

Izzay said:
My condolences.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
dont rate dos santos; barca would never have let him leave if he was anything, just look at their youth factory- krkic, busquets etc...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
dont rate dos santos; barca would never have let him leave if he was anything, just look at their youth factory- krkic, busquets etc...
Dos Santos is a good player, and I rate him highly. If you've watched him play for Barca you'd see why. It's just the quality of the Barcelona squad atm which will probably keep a lot of brilliant players out. Even if Fabregas made the move back to Barca he will have a tough time getting into the team with Xavi and Iniesta ahead of him in the pecking order.

Watched the Barca and Valencia games today. Why didn't Messi play? Big name Argentines deserve longer holidays? :p

HSC
Leo took an extended holiday in Argentina and didn't get back to Barcelona yesterday but there was a delay at the airport so he didn't train with the squad. Pep didn't decide not to play him until today, but he really wanted to play because Diego was in the stands.

Can't wait to see the scum get slaughtered by the yellow submarine tonight. Real Madrid-Villareal 2:55 AM on ESPN.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Groucho Marxist said:
It rises to £8.6 million depending on appearances, but regardless, it was a ploy. If Barça buy him back in the next two years we get 20% of the transfer fee. dos Santos was never going to fit in with the English game, he's way too small and gets muscled off the ball everytime he touches it.
what appearances?

and since when did loaning out your players become a thing of the past?

Groucho Marxist said:
My condolences.
if thats how you feel, take your millions and go elsewhere during the transfer window.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
defensive? :haha: nahhh... i guess the lack of smilies made it seem that way

however, a transfer of that sum can be considered pocket change to barca

anyway, in following with arsene wengers philosophy, a young, foreign player should be given at least 6 months to adapt to the english game and considering dos santos has been injured for sometime, might redknapp give him an extension?

HSC
He should. But ol 'Arry isn't like that. It's a massive, massive weakness in his managerial career: he's great in a relegation scrapfight (which is why Spurs hired him) but if they want to get into the top 4, he is definitely not the man.

Anyway, just wanted to ask something. As an Arsenal fan, who would you like to see Wenger sign to replace Fabregas? If I were an Arsenal fan I would probably want Xabi Alonso.

Last edited:

Evertonian

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Liverpool v Everton 4th round Fa cup

*cries*

Thats fucking bullshit

2 weeks in a row its liverpool v everton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)