The Official Big Day Out 2006 Thread (stickied?) (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
wolf and cub - amazing. really. i fall in love with them everytime i see one of their live shows
presets - were good. not as good as i've seen them. they played a few of their old songs. this made me happy. kim was more with us yesterday (ie. not in a drug-induced psychosis). dance much. sweat much. ewwww
met Born DAncer
saw smidgets of youth group and bit by bats. nothing special
sleater-kinney - were good. but was buggered so didnt really get into it
wolfmother - ugh.
Kings of leon - lined up for like an hour to get into the mosh. omg. they played milk and day old blues and soft and head to toe and i almost died. soooo good. <3
met purp|e kekeke ;)
saw the beginning of MIA :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:):):):):)(
danced
cried
sprinted to franz
Franz - awesome. take me out went off. really. amazing show.
IGGGGGGGGY - what can i say. they were amazing. great performance. except the gyrating on the amp part will give me nightmares. but brilliant
White STripes - average. although loved cold cold night. that made it all better
the end

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahaha people are dumdums. THere was a line into the mosh that was an hour long. There was a line of about 5 people next to it (with a small opening). I lined up there and to my surprise they let myself and my friends in.

Best moment was just when we arrived. We hear a loud "CHAAAAARGE!!!!" as about 50 (no joke) people charged down the hill and scaled the fence.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
stazi said:
hahaha people are dumdums. THere was a line into the mosh that was an hour long. There was a line of about 5 people next to it (with a small opening). I lined up there and to my surprise they let myself and my friends in.

Best moment was just when we arrived. We hear a loud "CHAAAAARGE!!!!" as about 50 (no joke) people charged down the hill and scaled the fence.
was that at KOL? because a similar thing happened. and i was angry. and swearing at the peeps pushing.
oh and i saw a bit of mudvayne before wolfmother
and omg
i could not stop laughing. what a joke!!! hahahaha

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that was for living end + franz.
i feel like crap today.
1/3 of a bottle of whiskey, about 12 beers, sunburn, neck pain from head banging, moshing pain etc.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
2006 my first Big Day Out.

First off I saw Wolf&cub. Was at the very front on the barrier. They were alright, but they didn't really get the crowd going. It was more entertaining watching people jump the fence and then being chased by security. :D

Then the Grate came on. By now a pretty good crowd had gathered. They were really good, the crowd got right into it, and I love the way she dances around :D. I liked the Grates, they did a good job :).

Then The GreenHornes came out. I was looking forward to seeing their guys. They played an alright set, nice music to sit back and relax to.

Then we wandered around for a while, and headed down to the main area to catch mudvayne. Started to line up to get into the D as Gerling were coming to the end of their set. It was bullshit, then line was going now where and there were so many people trying to get in. The line slowly progressed forward. Mudvayne came out, finnished their set, and we were still waiting to get into the D. Then Wolfmother came out, we were still in the line, maybe 10ppl back from the D enterance. They played a kick ass set, finnished and we were still in the line waiting to get in the D. Then Hiltop hoods came out, started pumping out the tunes, the crowd was really into it. Fianlly we made it into the D, halfway through the hilltop hoods set. Got a nice drink of water in the D and a spray down, awesome :D.

Then Kings of leon came out. I did'nt think very much of these guys. But when they started played, they ripped it up. Their music was awesome to dance around to and air gutair. These guys really impressed me!

Then came out the living end, in their boxer shorts. Great perfomance, playing gutiar with the beer bottle :D. The crowd went nuts, and were loving them.

Then Franz Ferdinand, the one band id been wanting to see. They played an awesome set, and it was great. I danced the whole way through :D

Then we left, walked around, and finnished off the night in the boiler room, dancing with glow sticks. Must of been 40 degrees in there, now i know why its called the boiler room.

BDO was awesome, can't wait till next year.

HSC
sorry, i'll stop invading a thread about something i didn't even go to -- but you seriously had to line up for the moshpit? hahah what?!

HSC
thanks for leaving. we left MIA at 8 and then lined up for the d-barrier for the stooges. only waited around 20 mins to get in and i managed to weasel my way through and was around 2 rows from the front

HSC
AsyLum said:
You haven't been to a BDO have you?
katietheskatie said:
sorry, i'll stop invading a thread about something i didn't even go to -- but you seriously had to line up for the moshpit? hahah what?!
no, i love asking questions about things i already know the answer to.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
zing, wow ... bdo owned :)

kiosk - agree with artfag, the sound wasnt great at all

presets were mad, just wished it went for longerrrrrrr

gerling - was pretty far back, but it was fun

disapointed i didnt get to see sleater-kinney :( but heard some of it cause i was nearby for a bit

vitalic ... fucking owned, and so did soulwax :eek: but i missed blaskmo and the go! team, sigh.

mia was probably the highlight for me :)

saw the stooges from a fair way back, but was sex. then caught some of the white stripes aswell, then the end of sonicanimation, then 2 many dj's. *legs fall off*

overall- mad day :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
White Stripes suck ass live. Don't really like them much anyway, but their live act reminded me why. Horrible.
The Stooges were incredible as expected. I Wanna Be Your Dog went off, and then they played it as the encore *jism*.
I was surprised how good The Subways were, along with Cog. Both pretty damn awesome live.

Srixon

HSC
hey were AFI there (seen somewhere they were going to be there) and if so were they good?

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
really enjoyed the presets, agree with purple - wish it went for longer.
got dragged along to youthgroup by friends, don't really know them, didn't like them.
forced to listen to mudvayne while waiting to get in the D for wolfmother, found them pretty funny. the lead singer sounded like such a cockhead.
wolf mother went off, was right at the front, had lots of fun.
hilltop hoods were good, starting to fatigue through their set but they always get the crowd involved and stuff so it was good.
kings of leon were really good, i reckon these guys sound way better live.
MIA was awesome, was right at the front again. her dance moves were cool, as was the "turn all ya phones on, i wanna feel like im in the jungle" thing. kinda dissapointed she walked off 15mins early.
spent the entire stooges set trying to get in the D. sounded good though, iggy seems like a good entertainer, getting everyone up on stage and stuff.
white stripes were really dissapointing, seeing them live really exposes that meg white is an average drummer at best.

maxibon88

HSC
Omg i sort of cried when the mars volta played francis the mute the actual song, i never knew they played it live and cause its not on the albums hardly anyone new the lyrics except for me and some other cool people who were right at the front on the coping with me. Seriously the best live experience ever i am absolutely thrilled. Omar was fucking nuts, and Cedrics dancing was amazing. And the rerst of the band were fucking unreal...Isiah Ikey OWens was going nuts. Seriouslt though to get a at the very fornt i had to get to end of fashion 30 minutes early to secure a position..Well worth it...and thank god for the guy constantly spraying me with water. Ahhh. How was that legend who climbed onto the tower during kings of leon. Best day Hey.

Markazzo

HSC
My 5th BDO and an awesome day, as always. Though Kings of Leon had a pretty muddy mix, it was great seeing them live.
Alright, Mars Volta tonight at the Enmore and Kings of Leon again tomorrow night!

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
anyone get raped by the sun ? i didnt use sunscreen, and now my face is red, and my neck is also fucked

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Anthrax said:
anyone get raped by the sun ? i didnt use sunscreen, and now my face is red, and my neck is also fucked
a little. but its gone down alot. just a bit pink on my thighs, face, arms chest and more magenta on my middle back (whre i obviously couldnt reach to put sunscreen) not bad for a pale mofo. although i can see all my new freckle friends on my nose </3

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Anthrax said:
I applied it(sunscreen) 3 times and got raped by the sun. );

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)