The Official Big Day Out 2006 Thread (stickied?) (1 Viewer)

ariande

The Don
HSC
Ok I am definitely up for these bands:

- My Chemical Romance
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers (strong)
- Mudvayne (Said they would last time they were in Aus)
- Slayer (strong)
- Mars Volta
- Audioslave
- Marilyn Manson (Apparently to play in Australia is the new cool for the dark/ind music scene)
- Franz ferdinand (New album)
- KoRn (Unlikely)
- Beck
- DAFT PUNK

And I fucking WISH Killswitch Engage would come too!

slip

HSC
ok at least 75% of the stuff in this thread is bullshit.

i have strong strong doubt rhcp will ever play bdo again... chilis never tour for more then 2 weeks at a time. BDO last just over 2 weeks and the chilis would hope to get australia, new zealand, singapore, malaysia, indonesia all done in one go. that would also hate to have to do a 2 week festival of 7 shows in two weeks plus side shows.

heard the new chili peppers song this morning, its different to anythign they have ever done, but not extremely original form the minute i heard, but still good. note - anthony doesnt sing in it, i believe john sings.

greenday have said once current dates end they will either tour australia (in november or december almost 3 months before big day out) or tour south america and will then record.

pixies have said they will tour australia but would prefer to do their own shows rather then big day out, but that bdo had no been ruled out. make of that what you will.

i cant be fucked getting into other reasons why alot of this thread is bull shit.

G

Gavvvvvin

Haha whats the deal with the whole might not be a BDO 06 cos Melbourne cant get their shit together :(

carpediem

HSC
i heard that only the melb leg will be cancelled if they don't get the venue they are trying to get

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
All good now, the Melbourne Council unanimously voted in support of a venue change for Melb BDO2k6. It's still going ahead.

I edited the list again;

Chicks on Speed (maybe)
RHCP (Unlikely)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Gavrillo said:
All good now, the Melbourne Council unanimously voted in support of a venue change for Melb BDO2k6. It's still going ahead.

I edited the list again;

Chicks on Speed (maybe)
RHCP (Unlikely)
Terrible news. Chicks on speed is one of the worst bands ever. "we don't need no guitars' Fuck to you.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
franz have just announced an australian tour, :D :uhhuh: :D but have released only two shows - one on the 24th jan the other on the 31st. do ou think there is now a strong possibility that they will play sydney bdo?? *crosses fingers* :uhhuh:

sovietski

HSC
99% sure franz will play. I mean, they've got a gig in sydney, the night beofre the sydney BDO show. They will play.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
sovietski said:
99% sure franz will play. I mean, they've got a gig in sydney, the night beofre the sydney BDO show. They will play.
yup, and lauren will be going to both :D

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Confirmed to play:

- Seether
- Greenday
- My Chemical Romance
Can't really see Green Day and My Chemical Romance happening, I mean they're coming mid-December, why would they stick around for over a month or come back? And RHCP have said they will not be going due to album commitments.
In other news, some dates have been announced.

1st Announcement: Wednesday 5th Oct

ON SALE: Friday 14th Oct

Fri 20th Jan - AUCKLAND - ERICSSON STADIUM

Sun 22nd Jan - GOLD COAST - PARKLANDS

Thu 26th Jan - SYDNEY - SYDNEY SHOWGROUND

Sun 29th Jan - MELBOURNE PRINCES PARK

Fri 3rd Feb - ADELAIDE - ROYAL ADELAIDE SHOWGROUND

Sun 5th Feb - PERTH - CLAREMONT SHOWGROUNDS

Last edited:

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Aslong as Audioslave come ill be pleased as punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)