The Official Australian Open Thread! (1 Viewer)

arod

personally ive never liked lleyton, sometimes he really pushes it with his "cmon!!"...its like ok good job lleyton u won the set but u dont have to yell at the top of ur lungs..its really uncalled for.
and whats even worse than lleyton are the commentators...they are so freaking annoying!! they build him up to be this great talented player, they act like hes some kind of god!! with all this pressure from the media, its no wonder he hasnt been able to go beyond the 4th round at the aussie open...
enough said abt lleyton...2005 is ANDY RODDICK's year!!!
just finished watching his match against rusedski and hes looking quite impressive!!
andy roddick: 2005 aus open champ!!! ('',)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i want nadal to win but i know he won't
in a way i want someone to beat federer to prove he can be beaten
but i would prefer to see him win then some other players...

hewitt and blake's match was pretty good to start off with
especially that tie break
thought it was funny when james blake did the cmon'
did you hear the commentators it was funny

scg stands for serbia/Monteneg

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
andypandy said:
personally ive never liked lleyton, sometimes he really pushes it with his "cmon!!"...its like ok good job lleyton u won the set but u dont have to yell at the top of ur lungs..its really uncalled for.
and whats even worse than lleyton are the commentators...they are so freaking annoying!! they build him up to be this great talented player, they act like hes some kind of god!! with all this pressure from the media, its no wonder he hasnt been able to go beyond the 4th round at the aussie open...
enough said abt lleyton...2005 is ANDY RODDICK's year!!!
just finished watching his match against rusedski and hes looking quite impressive!!
andy roddick: 2005 aus open champ!!! ('',)

Yes, andy may make it all the way to the final this year, but his form against federer isn't too great. I just cannot see roddick taking a set from the swiss man.
And with Lleyton, I don't think he'd give a fuck what his baggers think about his 'excessive' post-point antics. It's his way of getting himself up and motivated, borne out of the same pattern he used as a young kid. He doesn't play it up for the cameras - its natural. He can't change - it's his way of intimidating and keeps him focused. Tennis players would know what i mean.
And yeh, the commentators really piss me off too. From J.A.'s 'whistle' after a tight point, to Bruce McAvavaney's overly-patriotic jibes at Aussie players.
Also notice how they play up channel 7 shows like 'dancing with the stars'? I'm sure you all couldn't forget the crap last year with 'the simple life.'

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
How good was that match between Federer and that Japanese guy (Suz something) ... man! that was good tennis playing....Federer Rocks!

I hope Federer slams Hewitt .... actually anyone can slam Hewitt and i'll be happy

Crazy Horse

HSC
Safin won his first set against Ancich but is losing the second 4-0?? Whats going on??

Crazy Horse

HSC
Safin won!!! Although i reckon we could be seeing a lot more of Ancich in the future.......

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Safin won!!! Although i reckon we could be seeing a lot more of Ancich in the future.......
he is already ranked in the 20's...

did anyone see all that strapping on safins foot
and they just put more over it...

not watching federer at the moment but when i was
he wasn't looking his best (still good though)
dunno if he got better towards the end or not

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
jochim johannson match was apperntly good last night
i saw one point in the last set
and andy roddick is hot....

HSC
Looking forward to Hewitt v Nadal, Hewitt wants it badly but Nadal will really challenge him this year, should be a top match.

Also looking forward to Baghdatis v Federer. I'm guessing not many peple are giving Marcos a chance, however having seen him 2 years ago down in Melbourne playing juniors it was pretty clear he was going to be a top player one day. Couple of guys I know played him and were in awe of him, he was a real standout junior. Marcos was injured for part of last year, but look for him to have a big year this year. One of only 2 players to take a set of Federer at last years US open, and he has come a long way since then. In the end it may be an easy match for Federer, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Baghdatis surprises alot of people and really pushes him.

ramanij

Hey did u guys see the Chela dude spit at lyeton Hewit behind his back, then Chela tried to serve one at lleytons head then he tried to smash a open forehand at lyetons body. However lyeton did deserve it i mean saynig "cmon!" when u win a great point or a set point or match point is fine but when u keep saying it when ur opponent makes a unforced error that would really piss someone off.

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Yeah it's sort of a cultural difference thing. Argentinians would react to such behaviour as Hewitt's. You can see it in soccer all the time. Argentinians are really passionate about sport, and get dead serious on winning too.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Looking forward to Hewitt v Nadal, Hewitt wants it badly but Nadal will really challenge him this year, should be a top match.

Also looking forward to Baghdatis v Federer. I'm guessing not many peple are giving Marcos a chance, however having seen him 2 years ago down in Melbourne playing juniors it was pretty clear he was going to be a top player one day. Couple of guys I know played him and were in awe of him, he was a real standout junior. Marcos was injured for part of last year, but look for him to have a big year this year. One of only 2 players to take a set of Federer at last years US open, and he has come a long way since then. In the end it may be an easy match for Federer, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Baghdatis surprises alot of people and really pushes him.

I warmly doubt it.

Federer 6-4, 6-2, 6-3. (IMO)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i think that the dude playing federer could have a chance
anyone does ... he is not invincible..
although i am personally looking forward to the hewitt v nadal match
i've been a fan of nadal sice i saw him play last year
and really want him to win...
and i think it is unfair if people say hewitt should get though just coz he is australian
that means shit...
i think the johannson v agassi match should be good
considering they have never played each other before...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)