The Official Australian Open Thread! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Post your thoughts!

Go Federer! Continue your supremacy!

And are Cjister and Henin-Hardenne 100% out of the Australian Open??! (woohoo if they are).

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I tip Safin to win, but Rogers in top form once again........

Molik to lose first round...........

aj_number_10

HSC
Federer would be my tip (How could it not be?)... but i hope Lleyton continues a solid 2004

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i want hewitt to win
hope the poo doesn't play
i also want roddick to win
and federer coz i saw him play at last yrs aus open and he was awsome to watch play

ramanij

I hope Agassi,Hewitt or Federer wins. the Scud should jsut give up the sport how many injuries and controversies does he wont,and for the womens Venus all teh way

pete sampras is the greatest of all time i wish he would come back :(

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
roddick is an ass, but he does at lest makes things more interesting though

federer to keep rolling on

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
why is so many of you supporting hewitt? Is it just because he's australian and you feel you HAVE to support him regardless? He is bad-tempered and a bitch...seriously :(

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well if you dont like lleyton thats fair enough but he happens to be a strong competitor and i bet you're jealous that he's fucking bec cartwright and you're not. federer will win easily, again.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
blackfriday said:
well if you dont like lleyton thats fair enough but he happens to be a strong competitor and i bet you're jealous that he's fucking bec cartwright and you're not. federer will win easily, again.
right......

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well then why do you ask why everyone is supporting hewitt. im not personally supporting hewitt because there are better players that deserve it before him, but suggesting that national pride is a bad thing is fairly silly.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
im hoping for a safin win... but he played extremely shit house in the hopman...
but yeh i think feds will win... all those guys who are training melbourne have the best chance i think... ie arod, agassi and fed...
wheres safin right now? the prick isnt in sydney

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
blackfriday said:
well then why do you ask why everyone is supporting hewitt. im not personally supporting hewitt because there are better players that deserve it before him, but suggesting that national pride is a bad thing is fairly silly.
When did I ever said national pride is "bad"?? I'm just saying you don't HAVE to support Hewitt because he's Australian. This is not even close to what you are accusing me of.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Is he practising privately? He usually doesn't play in any tourament 1 week before the Australian Open, right?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
hewitt is through to the second round at the sydney international against arnaud clement.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
why is so many of you supporting hewitt? Is it just because he's australian and you feel you HAVE to support him regardless? He is bad-tempered and a bitch...seriously :(

Yes!

Hewitt is a dipshit he never stops complaining , the other day he was going off about the US tennis courts and how they are all set up ... like shut the fuck up

Sigh... is there no one like Rafter?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i loved rafter i wish he would come back to tennis...
as for hewitt i saw him play yesterday and he was interesting to watch
i dont care what his personality is like at least he makes a match good to watch
and so what if we like him just because he is australian...
i cant believe moya lost in the first round in sydney
he played lost it in the second set and nothing went his way from then on
and he wasnt playing like he was ranked top 10 in the world...

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Roger looks good.... hopefully he can do a grand slam this year!!!
Wouldn't mind if Agassi or Safin won!

For the women a Russian most probz will take it out

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Seraph said:
Yes!

Hewitt is a dipshit he never stops complaining , the other day he was going off about the US tennis courts and how they are all set up ... like shut the fuck up

Sigh... is there no one like Rafter?
Exactly. I hate Lleyton Hewitt. WTF is with the hand in front of the face everytime he wins a match?!? God, he's such a moron. Stuff Australian pride because Im not proud that he's an Aussie so I dont exactly have an option to support him in that way either.

I've always liked Roger Federer, ever since I first saw him play the Aussie Open mixed doubles with Hingis years ago. He is not only a great player but mild mannered and doesnt have a bitch of a temper...unlike someone else we know...

soxrow

HSC
Hey everyone,
To all you dipshits who continue to knock Lleyton Hewitt, I think you should look at a few stats here.
1. He is our highest ranked player.
2. He has the record for most Davis Cup rubbers won by an aussie
3. He has a Davis Cup, Wimbeldon and US Open to his name
4. It took all 4 eventual winners of 2004 grand slams to beat him.

So why dunt you fuckwits have a real good look at yourselves and get some pride. Whilst Rafter will always be king for me, Hewitt is a great player and a great amabassdor for our country. As for who hes fucking, well I dunt give a stuff and most tennis fans agree. His private life is exactly that, HIS PRIVATE life so lay off.

He will play Federer if the draw is right, and wil have a great contest. Molik will do well, possibly a 4th round or further, but Sharapova willl win if shes fully fit.
So all you knockers of Aussie tennis, in particualr lleyton, I hope you have to eat your words.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I dont give a shit about his private life. His on court attitude is enough to piss me off :vcross:

Achievement is nothing (absolutely meaningless) without having the right attitude and behaviour. This goes for everything in life not just Mr Hewitt.

You can go and win all the tournaments you want, you can go and earn 6 degrees, a 100 UAI, win the world cup, but if you're behaviour is often inappropriate, I would not (even if I tried my best) be able to muster any ounce of respect or awe.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)