The Official Australian Open Thread! (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Atotoi said:
WOW!

i watched the Sharapova-Kuznetsova game today, i love watching Sharapova play - she's so hot!
Hehe her squeal is absolutely hilarious too, i was surprised to hear her talk at the end however, like i knew she lives in California, but her American English was impeccable!

What else cracked me up were the commentary, the old men were trying to pass off these subtle comments like "great physique" and "good posture".....yehhhhh sure McAvaney!

The "ultra-slow motion" clips were yet another subtle perving device, like the huge frontal view close-up of her thighs, to which the commentators were in awe of her muscles.. pfft ;)

Anyways, Sharapova won, so thats all that matters...her opponent seemed quite slow, and relied more on skill than speed... however she did look as if he came from a coal mine in the Ural mountains compared to Sharapova's looks!
yea, but her thighs were, oh god macho, see thos complex veins

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Hmm damn straight sets from the Federer, i thought Agassi at least won a set, maybe he is beginning to lose his sweat.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
hmmmm well i dunno, the whole fact that Maria Sharapova is Russian just rocks my jocks...if she was british or american, i probably wouldn't care!

gee i wish i was a ball boy, my how id love to give Maria my balls!

At least she can play too, Kournikova achieved little and was practically a capitalist show pony for Russian Tennis.
With the influx of decent tennis players now, its a good thing Kournikova quit the game and married her half filipino-half spanish pretty boy...

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Yay, Roger won!!!!!!!!!! erm yeah.

Damn I really wanted Agassi to pull something special out and beat Federer... I like federer okay... i just hate how he's so much better than everyone else that it won't ever really be exciting...

Hewitt v. Nadal, now THAT was exciting.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I wanted Federer to win even though i don't mind who wins between Agassi and Federer. It's just that Federer will be able to kick the C'MON butt in the final, whereas Andre won't.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i hope he wins
i hope alicia wins
we need the aussies in there
i have a feeling they will both lose

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
no, i want hewitt to win

i want to see him ass-whipped by federer (it's all the more satisfying)

no more COME ON's by hewitt

ahaha

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
its better if they lose,

that means no more 20min long updates on the aust. tennis victories of hewitt OR molik on breakfast tv (sunrise notably)

HSC
Fire up Lleyton!

Nalbandian will be a tough, tough match. Still somewhat underrated but he has an awesome game, I think he's the best in the world from the back of the court. Problem of course being he's one dimensional and needs to get more out of his serve, but I think it will be a great match, pretty tough to split them, I'd possibly give the edge to Nalbandian depending on how Lleyton's hip pulls up.

Well Safin is God so obviously I want him to win, but if its not to be I would also love to see Lleyton get up. The more everyone hates him I think the more I like him. Still don't understand exactly everyone's problem with him is?

BTW, I'm expecting the Safin/Federer match to be some of the best tennis seen in a long, long time. Anyone else noticed Federer's arrogance of late? ... Or is that just me....

HSC
Atotoi said:
WOW!

i watched the Sharapova-Kuznetsova game today, i love watching Sharapova play - she's so hot!
Hehe her squeal is absolutely hilarious too, i was surprised to hear her talk at the end however, like i knew she lives in California, but her American English was impeccable!

What else cracked me up were the commentary, the old men were trying to pass off these subtle comments like "great physique" and "good posture".....yehhhhh sure McAvaney!

The "ultra-slow motion" clips were yet another subtle perving device, like the huge frontal view close-up of her thighs, to which the commentators were in awe of her muscles.. pfft ;)

Anyways, Sharapova won, so thats all that matters...her opponent seemed quite slow, and relied more on skill than speed... however she did look as if he came from a coal mine in the Ural mountains compared to Sharapova's looks!
Sharapova isn't that good....

HSC
Ok last post from me...

Just noticed that first match on Margaret Court Arena tomorrow is a juniors match... does this mean fox will be showing it?

If so I advise everyone to have a look at it... pay close attention to Donald Young. Not sure if all of you have heard of him... I'm sure at least some of you have heard commentators talking about him recently... but yeah he's pretty unbelievable and I'm looking forward to a few years when guys like Young, Nadal, Baghdatis, Berdych, and possibly Gasquet have been around a few years and start to peak. Will be awesome watching these guys challenging the likes of Federer, Safin, Roddick, Hewitt etc (who will still be at the height of their careers) on a regular basis. And yes I will come back and bump this post when it happens.

Donald Young is up against a young Australian (Patrick Nicholls) who alot of Australian tennis identities have been paying alot of attention to of late. Has been playing some great tennis and is capable of pushing Young... however I don't think he's quite ready. Anyway not sure if they are even showing it but if they are definitely have a look.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
BTW, I'm expecting the Safin/Federer match to be some of the best tennis seen in a long, long time. Anyone else noticed Federer's arrogance of late? ... Or is that just me....
same i think it should be an awsome match
i was dissapointed witht he agassi/federer match after all the hype around it
at least one set for agassi would have been good...
Federer is the world number one and on a 26 match winning streak
i think that allows you to have some arrogance
and it looks like he was right when he said
he didn't have to play his best tennis to beat agassi.

hewitt will not lose about Nalbandian.... that is unfair
if he is going to lose before the final
he should have lost against nadal
i miss my spanish god....

i want molik to do well i think it would be good for her
anyway her effort already is great
but i don't know if she can beat the world #1 davenport yet
but we will find out today... will be glad if molik wins...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)