The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Theres Bias everywhere, i always see SBS presenters be bias towards Australia, it's narutal. Who cares he was open to his opinions just like anyone, i don't know why everyone is getting so worked up.
I can understand and accept that bias is everywhere.

......but u seriously don't know why we are so worked up about his comments?!?!! LOL

...read through his comments again. Any true supporter of the socceroos would want to kill that guy right now. We are still not over what happened yesterday. That is why we are getting so worked up. :burn: :burn: :burn:

otay

HSC
Get fucked if you think SBS presenters are as biased as that cunt. In fact the only commentators in any sport I have ever heard that are that biased are Guss Gould, Bill Lawry and Ian Botham. Simon Hill is an exceptional commentator, as are the others and all of the SBS crew. Of course some bias is going to exist, don't be a wanker and say that "oh Aussies do it too", but mate having lived and watched sport all over the world, SBS is fucking terrific in that it really isn't that biased at all.

Jiga

A national day of mourning should be held in Australia for that Thai guy... what a champion. I get the impression that people in Asia dont like Australia though, a guy gets stabbed for indirectly supporting us, that commentator ripped in to us etc... maybe a generalisation.

As for SBS commentators, they are among the most unbiased I have seen! Like that first Croatian goal, he was cracking a fat over it!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
The SBS commentators are nowhere near as biased as that Chinese fuck.

That isn't even the point...because the SBS guys have every right to be slightly biased. Australia is playing at the world cup. That guy wasn't even Italian.

otay

HSC
Ahaha yeah don't worry dude. A) China didn't qualify. B) The dude aint even Italian C) SBS commentators arent even that bias, especially compared to that wank and D) he most likely has a small penis.

mecurial

HSC
According to Eurosportnews, that commentator claims no responsbility for the incident, claiming he can't remember saying those things, as he was caught up in the heat of the moment.

On that note, how annoying was that Spanish commentator that you could hear during the call in the Spain-France game?

So sad..no football on tonight :( Still, this will be the first night I will be getting sleep in over 2 weeks.

otay

HSC
Aahah YES! That spanish commentator was having orgasms over nothings. Reminded me of that Simpsons episode with the Portuguese commentator ahaha

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm so lost tonight without the World Cup :(. I'm like an adict suffering from withdrawal symptoms. I have been basically living in German times and really don't know what to do with myself tonight. Over the past few weeks my attention has been so focused on the events in Germany that I will probably start speaking German soon. I think that I may already have developed a slight accent.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Australia's entrance into the AFC can only reduce the chances of China qualifyin for the World Cup, hence the hate by that commentator. He also referred back to an incident back in 1981 where somethin happened involvin Aussies wit Kiwi passports prevented China from qualifyin.

Generally though, I don't think we Chinese hate the Aussies at all. My uncle was thrilled when we beat the Japs. :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha yeh, there were schoolchildren that let off firecrackers when japan lost ro australia... that commentator are already being devoured alive in china by soccer fans apparently

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I feel sorry for Ribery now. I didn't know that he had a horror car accident. Poor guy. His ugliness is somewhat justified now.

...Still, he is a very talented footballer so I can't feel too sorry for him. I'd gladly look like him if I could play football for a living :).

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
The SBS commentators are nowhere near as biased as that Chinese fuck.

That isn't even the point...because the SBS guys have every right to be slightly biased. Australia is playing at the world cup. That guy wasn't even Italian.

Bias is Bias it dosen't matter how bias you are, you are still bias, and heck like i said his open to his opinions if he supports Italy that much then goodos to him, just like how you support Man UTD you'll always have bias towards them, I know i do. It's Human nature. But yeah he probbaly did go overboard, just shows how the WC brings out emotions in everyone.

And to Otay, whether China madeit or not is irrelevant even if China did he would of still supported italy in that game. You don't have to be the same nationality to support that nation. SBS is bias, like i said bias is bias.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Australia's entrance into the AFC can only reduce the chances of China qualifyin for the World Cup, hence the hate by that commentator. He also referred back to an incident back in 1981 where somethin happened involvin Aussies wit Kiwi passports prevented China from qualifyin.

Generally though, I don't think we Chinese hate the Aussies at all. My uncle was thrilled when we beat the Japs. :D
Thats debatable, thru AFC it's even gonna be harder to qualify, more competitive matches and instead of 2 BIG GAME, your looking at up to 8. We'll see how we perform in the Asian Cup.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Bias is Bias it dosen't matter how bias you are, you are still bias, and heck like i said his open to his opinions if he supports Italy that much then goodos to him, just like how you support Man UTD you'll always have bias towards them, I know i do. It's Human nature. But yeah he probbaly did go overboard, just shows how the WC brings out emotions in everyone.
Have you seen what he actually said...? Happy birthday Maldini, WTF...??? What he said was completely out of line that the word bias won't even justify. The fact that many Chinese are slaughterin him over there shows just how much of a crackhead he is. He's lucky he works in China, because otherwise he won't have a job.

- L1n - said:
Thats debatable, thru AFC it's even gonna be harder to qualify, more competitive matches and instead of 2 BIG GAME, your looking at up to 8. We'll see how we perform in the Asian Cup.
You prob misread what I wrote, I said it'll be harder for China to qualify with Australia entering the AFC.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
...Are you seriously trying to tell us that it will be harder to qualify through Asia? You've got to be kidding?!!?! :confused: .

Yes, now that we are part of the Asian Confederation we will have to play more competitive matches to qualify than we used to...but 4 teams from the Asian Confederation can qualify for the World Cup..and we are arguably the best team in the confederation already. In any case, along with South Korea, Japan and probably Iran, we are certainly one of the top 4 sides...and playing a few competitive matches against Asian sides like China and Bahrain certainly sounds alot more attractive than having to play against the 5th ranked South American side every 4 years.

As for how we will perform at the Asian Cup? ... Our World Cup campaign has certainly shown Asia and the rest of the world what we are capable of. I expect us to do very well in the Asian Cup and quite possibly win it. I bet those Asian nations are already shaking in their boots at the very thought of having to face such a physical and technically-sound side like the Socceroos.:)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I listened to that Chinese commentary for the first time, and boy I was impressed.

If anyone's interested I can load it somewhere. :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I would love to hear it LMF^^. It would make me furious. But for some strange reason I would still like to hear it. Only problem is that I don't understand a word of Chinese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)