The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
stazi said:
argh can people who know nothing about soccer not comment? USA has an image as one of the worst teams in the world cup, not as a powerful team.

'should train really hard'. no. obviously guus will make sure we dont train at all and approach the game to lose.
C'mon man, I know your frustration believe me but every1 deserves an opinion. Can't be one of those elitist "Don't speak to me about this coz I know more than you" type people. They are much worse than bandwagonners

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Meanwhile, Neill would love to chance to take on England, should both sides make it to this summer's semi-finals in Germany.

The pair would meet if they win their next two games, but Neill is currently focusing on seeing off Italy in Kaiserslautern on Monday.

It just said this on Sky Sports, so now I have no idea what the schedule is.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
otay, when you're up against a zonal defence it is probably better to play with two out and out strikers and an attacking mid behind them as it breaks the zonal marking to focus on the two forwards thus giving the attacking mid much more space. The Socceroos do no have the right type of forwards for this but could use variations to have some fluent lead up play to break down the Italian defence rather than a direct "hold the ball up" approach. So, thinking into it a bit more, Guus may indeed use Viduka in this role again as the Italian defence has been somewhat disturbed by injuries (I think Nesta IS out) and reshuffling. If the other mids make good runs off Viduka and the wing play by Chipperfield/Kewell on the left and Emerton/Sterjovski on the right is better utilised then the Italian defence shouldn't be as difficult to break through.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
argh can people who think they're all that please stfu? Seriously, go pull out your hair if you get so stressed over every single post submitted in this thread. I guess you think you own it don't you?
I don't know THAT much about soccer, thus don't make comments like yours.

What I meant was that they should train extra hard to the max, not waste any time at all and fix up their weaknesses.
Again, don't you think that's what they are going to do, if they want to win? It's almost like saying "the easiest way for us to beat italy is to score a goal or two early on, and not concede any".

fuck I'm pissed of at this ugly fuckwit.
Ummm i'm voted as the hottest guy in the world in bookie's blog.

Anyway, people who think they're all of a sudden superior to those who have suddenly taken an interest in soccer, should seriously committ suicide if they like. I mean look around you, the whole world is starting to like soccer. SOCCER for crying out loud. The sport only 'experts' can enjoy and comment on.
the whole world has liked soccer for a long time (for decades upon decades), it's australia and the US that's starting to take it up recently (+ a few more nations).
I'm simply asking that you try and be a little more informed. For instance, you asked how croatia went in their last matches and if they're any good. Before I made a comment on that match I looked up the previous results, possession counts, shot counts, etc, i.e. so i can be more informed like some other people in this thread.

robbie1

HSC
withoutaface said:
It's a disgrace that you can listen to Eminem, but it still happens. :)

There are at least another 65 million people worldwide who listen to him, not just me. Please explain, how is it a disgrace to recognise and admire a poetic genius?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
This isn't the thread to talk about it - plus you changed your pic to 50-cent.

Poetic genius? He is a multi-millionaire and all of his songs are about how he cannot provide for his daughter. He is more of a fuckwit than a poetic genius.

*Minka*

HSC
robbie1 said:
There are at least another 65 million people worldwide who listen to him, not just me. Please explain, how is it a disgrace to recognise and admire a poetic genius?

HAHAHA.

You just went from 'novelty' to 'complete fucking joke' in my book.

Congratulations.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
*Minka* said:
HAHAHA.

You just went from 'novelty' to 'complete fucking joke' in my book.

Congratulations.
nice pic minka ! :D
GO AUSTRALIA !!
its going to be an australia vs germany final !:)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
kb1509 said:
nice pic minka ! :D
GO AUSTRALIA !!
its going to be an australia vs germany final !:)
Due to the draw that's not possible, they can meet in the semis though.

Unless the draw on the cup site is wrong?

robbie1

HSC
Komit said:
This isn't the thread to talk about it - plus you changed your pic to 50-cent.

Poetic genius? He is a multi-millionaire and all of his songs are about how he cannot provide for his daughter. He is more of a fuckwit than a poetic genius.
Who brought it up?

LOL - all of his songs are about not being able to provide? Comon man, dont make me humiliate you. Yes, before he 'made it' many of his songs had that as the subject matter. So what, he was poor. Look at him now. What an achievement.

Minka, your "book" is so important to me. I beg you, cross my name off in the "complete joke" section. Its killing my life. I cant take it anymore.

Anyway, shouldnt you be talking about how you got shot...you seem to bring it up an awful lot for no apparent reason. Sympathy votes? I think so.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
A person who claimed to be some sort of fortune teller (I read it somewhere few days ago before final matches for each group), said that Mexico will be in the last 8 (means will beat Argentina but lost to Germany) and Germany will face Brazil in final with Germany winning the tournament.

Personally I also hope that Australia will face England in play-off for third place and of course winning it.:hammer:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
GERMANY > Sweden
ARGENTINA > Mexico
ENGLAND > Ecuador
PORTUGAL > Netherlands
AUSTRALIA > Italy
SWITZERLAND > Ukraine
BRAZIL > Ghana
SPAIN > France

My predictions of Australia to beat Italy and Portugal to beat Netherlands are pretty biased :).

As for Portugal though...I believe that they have the talent to beat any team on their day, and Netherlands is no exception. I expect that this will be a tough and highly entertaining match between two of the best teams in the competition.

As for the Australia v Italy game...my head says Italy and my heart says Australia. This will be a tough game for Australia, but we are every chance if we play as well as we have been playing in our matches so far.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
robbie1 said:
Anyway, shouldnt you be talking about how you got shot...you seem to bring it up an awful lot for no apparent reason. Sympathy votes? I think so.
You're thinking about 50 Cent

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Mike Ockisard said:
minka got shot?
Yes, she mentioned this in a post a few pages back. Apparently she was shot by Serbs because she was a Croat. I am sorry to hear about what happened to your brother, Minka.

@ everyone: How about we keep the discussion to the issues concerning the world cup, guys? Respect the fact that everybody has the right to express their opinions and enjoy the remainder of what has already been an awesome competition so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)