The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (3 Viewers)

Far_Q

HSC
Czech Republic and Ghana to qualify, hopefully the Italians stumble in their next game, they play such slow uninspiring and defensive football no matter who the opponent is, happens every tournament, so boring to watch, as a neutral fan of the game I hope they get kicked out...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
It wouldnt be a world cup without controversy with the Italian team lol.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Far_Q said:
Czech Republic and Ghana to qualify, hopefully the Italians stumble in their next game, they play such slow uninspiring and defensive football no matter who the opponent is, happens every tournament, so boring to watch, as a neutral fan of the game I hope they get kicked out...
Have you watched either of their two games? Defensive football? I think not. The game against Ghana was constant attack. They were playing with 3 defenders for the majority of the 2nd half against USA. The coach pulled off one of their defenders to put in Del Piero.

IMO, Italy will pull off a draw with the Czechs, leaving the Ghana-USA game to decide the fate of the Czechs.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
matt#1 said:
Portugal 2-0 Iran :). Still not the most convincing display from Portugal, but we are through to the next round. Deco's long-range strike made the difference for us and it was great to see Ronaldo get his name on the scoresheet. Only problem is that we face one of either Holland or Argentina in the next round :(. It will be difficult to beat either of those teams but certainly not impossible.
Yay go Portugal! :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Anyone know how you can be sure you've won the rebel vouchers? I've bet over $100, but theres been no notification of winning it. Do they just send it to your house without telling you?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Interesting situation for Australia now:

Say Italy and Czech draw, Ghana beat USA (good chance of this happening), Ghana finish top of the group. Australia finishing 2nd = playing Ghana next round. I think Australian fans would hope for this more than playing Italy/Czech next round. It'd also set up Italy vs Brazil in the next round.

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I hope Czech and Italy go through (as well as all the other big teams). I've had enough of dud teams (i.e. South Korea, Turkey, Greece) making it ridiculously far in major tournaments.

- L1n -

HSC
i'll say italy will make the next round, there r on 4 pts all they need is a draw, even if they lose say 1-0 and the one of the other teams wins they still will advance due to goal difference, but i Italy dosen't make it, it will be the biggest choke of the tournament so far.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
acmilan said:
Anyone know how you can be sure you've won the rebel vouchers? I've bet over $100, but theres been no notification of winning it. Do they just send it to your house without telling you?
No notification, you just get it in the mail.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
stazi said:
miracles do happen in soccer (hell, ecuador beat poland convincingly, senegal beat france, etc).
Ecuador is a much better team than Australia. They have an excellent team and play with flair. Did you see their passes :O? It was no fluke that they beat poland convincingly.

And france? well, they havent scored 1 goal since their last game in 98...

But yeah, miracles do happen.

otay

HSC
YBK said:
Ecuador is a much better team than Australia. They have an excellent team and play with flair. Did you see their passes :O? It was no fluke that they beat poland convincingly.

And france? well, they havent scored 1 goal since their last game in 98...

But yeah, miracles do happen.
UMM no. Ecuador are a very good team and I wasn't suprised that they beat Poland. And they probably are better than Australia. But MUCH better than us? I think not. Not only is it false but We don't that negativity today mate. Aussies to shock the Brazilians, standing by it.

7th Sign

HSC
otay said:
UMM no. Ecuador are a very good team and I wasn't suprised that they beat Poland. And they probably are better than Australia. But MUCH better than us? I think not. Not only is it false but We don't that negativity today mate. Aussies to shock the Brazilians, standing by it.
No offence but Ecuador are a better side then australia if we played them we would loose, I think Ecuador will give germany a real run for their money and possibly even beat germany. I got a mate from Ecuador and believe me they are a top side they have the ability to knock of top teams, I think they even have a chance ot make the semi's at this world cup. This Australia vs. Brazil shit is been hyped up to much, come on I bet Brazil will be on top of their game tonight and we will probly loose.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
otay said:
No, I'm just being realistic.

otay

HSC
Read what I said again. I said Ecuador were probably better than us. But not MUCH better than us. That's just plain bullshit. Firstly we haven't played them, not recently at least so make such a claim is at best outlandish. Secondly Ecuador is ranked 39 in the World, we are 42. Both of these rankings I'm sure will be adjusted at the end of the World Cup, with Ecuador potentially being higher than Australia. So you're not even being realistic, you're just saying stupid shit. If you said they were much better than Vanuatu I would agree, but no us.

And I agree that the game tonight is being hyped alot (good for the game here) but I'd like to clarify I said about 3 months ago that we could beat Brazil, and that other than Kaka and Ronaldinho, they are quite vulnerable. My mates laughed at me at the time and from the other day's performance, my mind hasn't changed. I based my theory on being a devout Real Madrid fan, and watching how useless Ronaldo, Robinho, Roberto Carlos, Cicinho, Julio Baptista were and also watching the Serie A, seeing that Kaka stood out and how ineffective throughout the later half of the season Adriano was. Juninho is another one for them that can do real damage, but the others are not on form.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
7th Sign said:
No offence but Ecuador are a better side then australia if we played them we would loose, I think Ecuador will give germany a real run for their money and possibly even beat germany. I got a mate from Ecuador and believe me they are a top side they have the ability to knock of top teams, I think they even have a chance ot make the semi's at this world cup. This Australia vs. Brazil shit is been hyped up to much, come on I bet Brazil will be on top of their game tonight and we will probly loose.
Learn the difference between 'lose' and 'loose', cunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)