The offical EE2 bitch and procastination thread (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
anemones are cool, they curl up when you touch them. Hehehe, nonono don't self destruct amoz :(

illodous

Angels...
HSC
If it is any consolation, I would be more than happy to review the progress of anybodies work.
Remember that your Major Work is your own original creation.. I remember when I first chose EE2, I never thought in a million years I'd be able to string two words together. Don't rely too heavily on your Mentors; although they are there to support you, they can't really be there 24/7.

There's one streak with the '05 Major Work writers this year, and that's our puddles of self-doubt. One way I found particularly useful in overcoming this was to question the reason I doubt myself; question why I felt my work sucks. Sometimes what I heard was useful, such as, "It would be better if I researched psychology more" or "I would like it more if I didn't rely on narration."
I would do exactly what those voices asked of me and was happier for having done so.
This becomes very useful in ferreting out the negative self-talk that gets you nowhere. If you can't give yourself a justified reason for disliking your MW, then it's time to start developing some appreciation!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
It's the little bits of progress that make up the grand picture, my ducks.

We are coming ever-closer to the hand-in date, and we *must* continue working (hence the reason for creating the progress thread). We will all go through moments where we doubt ourselves, but you have to remember to have some faith in yourself. At some point in time you believed you had a concept worth expanding upon, and likely it is still very much worth it.

If you do truly feel you have gone slightly off-track from where you intended, it is not too late to salvage what you have and rework it in a slightly different direction without actually having to change too much. Do not underestimate the power of reworking - with minor changes of tone, structure and wording, you can create something entirely different without "wasting" all your previous work up till now.

I hated my first full draft. I really did. I'd tried so hard, but it just wasn't coming across like I wanted it to, and you could see it. Reworking changed all of that. I honestly thought it would never turn out ok, but it did, and I'm not the only one to have gone through this scenario. Do not give up! There is always another way of doing it. :)

Last edited:

Tish_88

HSC
glitterfairy - HOW THE HELL DO U STAY SOOO POSITIVE?!?!?! wha did u do for ur MW? have most ppl been in this thread for yonkz?? seems like use all know each other?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Glitterfairy's MW is in the 2004 showcase! have a read =)

Tish_88

HSC
WHAAAAAAAAAA?? thats awesome!! to get into showcase. grrr i dnt have 2004! how crummi!!!
im boreddddddd!!!

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Umm...not that it shouldn't be in the boardofstudies showcase, but it's in the FORUM showcase, it's stickied under BOS showcase 2004 =/

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
*cuts tish a nice slice of slack pie*
i shall sleep soon! what are you up so late for =/

Tish_88

HSC
i dunnnnnnnoz cnt sleep when i go to bed i jus end up stressing. sooo yerrr sleeps overrated anyway u dnt need it, which im sure most ppl r finding out or will do sooon. hows ur mw coming along?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Yeah, sleep is overrated, don't need it =) I need to rewrite some :( so yeah, it's coming along okay actually. hehe i think it's time to sleep. Goodnight tish and everyone who's here

HSC
N/A
Haha! Tish:

I'm part of the '04 EE2 group. We all went through the exact same thing this time last year, and had so much fun a few of us decided to stick around ;)

I might start up a thread for the 04's and earlier to post words of advice... will wait a bit though, am trying to encourage more hard-core discussion on EE2 forum at present ;)

illodous

Angels...
HSC
The '04 Group of EE2 students are a lovingly (muahaha!) handpicked group of tormented students.. fresh from the Mediterranean Alps and other miscellaneous places with funky names that sound profound, selected with only the worst intentions (err.. I mean, ingredients) to become the grandparents of the soon to be '06 saplings :D

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
My teacher finallllyyy emailed me and said I had made outstanding progress. However, i'm confused on how to take this statement. Does that mean my MW was soo bad before that anything seems outstanding in comparison? Does it mean that she didn't even expect me to finish my lst draft by this point due to be inherent lameness? I'm confused :eek:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Using my ESP skills...hmm Sweets I think Outstanding means you have made progress and to question pointlessly over what that means will impede that progress and hence you must march forward into the new light without pondering of what might have been, or anything that might lead you astray from your main goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)