the OC (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
transcendent said:
oh i didn't know that, thanks.
:).

nicko88 said:
I hate the fact that the oz axes or stops shows just when it starts to get good. They did that with shows like Smallville, One Tree Hill, That 70's Show etc.
I really hate that.
Yeah, Channel Seven really stuffed around with That '70s Show:(.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
transcendent said:
thats because they MAKE the shows and to send it over to Australia the censorship board has to go through it to make sure how to classify the episodes because we work by a different classification system to the US and you can't show certain programs at certain times of the day.
It is infact possible for the network to air the episode live via satelite but agin $$ and the OC isn't giving ten much of its ratings points anyway. Nine airs letterman about 12 hours after the US broadcast with the CBS watermark intact.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
llamalope said:
Oh well... I'm sure you can live...We're only 10 episodes behind...It's not like it's 10 years or something!
yeah thats true
what they did in season one 2 speed it up-putting double episodes and tues and wed...
they mite do that this season 2!

Fry

10 episodes isn't so bad when you think about it. i don't think they would put 2 episodes each week now since they did that cos we were so far behind and they wanted to finish season one before the end of the ratings period.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
10 episodes isn't so bad when you think about it. i don't think they would put 2 episodes each week now since they did that cos we were so far behind and they wanted to finish season one before the end of the ratings period.
Yeah, I agree. I only get annoyed when we are more than one season behind America. Half a season is understandable. I also agree that there is no way that Channel Ten will air double episodes:).

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
routemarker said:
It is infact possible for the network to air the episode live via satelite but agin $$ and the OC isn't giving ten much of its ratings points anyway. Nine airs letterman about 12 hours after the US broadcast with the CBS watermark intact.
i'm pretty sure those episodes of letterman are many weeks old

some of the current events they discuss sound very outdated if you ever watch it (like I was watching it a couple of weeks after the US election and they were talking about the US election in a future tense)

Fry

i thought we were a few months behind with Letterman. my theory is that they couldn't be bothered to remove the watermark since it's shown early in the morning and hardly anyone is watching it.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
My theory is that Letterman sucks and everybody hates him and that Conan is much funnier. Seriously, why the hell do Channel 10 promote Rove Live by having one of the guests say that he's funnier than Letterman? Letterman is one of the most unfunny comedians (probably not the right word, but you know what I mean) on TV, and Rove is only slightly better, so why would they want to draw attention to that?

But anyway, in the process of downloading the new episode now...

firehose

HSC
Ch9 does get Letterman about 12 hours after the US cbs network broadcast but. knowning nine and their nature, they like to play repeats just when they feel like it. don't ask me when and why they do that, i don't stay up every night watching Letterman find out but yeah they seem to do it quite frequently....

and are u kidding? Letterman is heaps funny and his gags are always entertaining. rove is not only lame and not funny but his gags are ripped off US talk shows anyway

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Letterman is classic but rove isn't so bad either. He used to get really nervous talking to big celebrities before and his ears would go all red but now hes better.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
llamalope said:
What did I miss???? How did we get onto the subject of Letterman???
by talking about the delays between us and america in getting their shows...

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Matthew Fox was on Letterman the other night with some spoilerish stuff

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
I love the OC!

Ive seen up to episode 3, and I really want to know what happens to Summer and Seth further on down the track :(

Damn download allowance.

roadcone

HSC
the oc is awesome, altho ive seen about 6 or 7 episodes from further down the current season thats just started in oz when i was in america in the holidays and it turns sort of very much into days of our lives and becomes rather twisted but still really really good and hell funny

Fry

dimzi said:
I love the OC!

Ive seen up to episode 3, and I really want to know what happens to Summer and Seth further on down the track :(
what i hate about the show is that none of the couples ever stay together for more than 2 months. something always goes wrong to split them apart. but im sure that Seth and Summer will eventually end up together again. it's so damn obvious that they're meant for each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)