The Nokia N95 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys

Just got a new mobile phone - Nokia N95.

I have to say, this phone is the best I have ever had.

With a nice wide screen / elegant design and features such as the 5 megapixel camera, GPS Navigation, Mp3, blueetooth etc, this phone is one of a kind.

The feature of this phone I most liked was that you can acess Wi-LAN connection points enabling me to use the internet on the phone.

Anyone else have this phone? Do you like it?

Did you try out the Wi-LAN?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
how much is it?

someone recommended me this the other day, seems interesting

but i heard the battery life is awful though, is this true?
btw is it easy to connect wi-fi?

Last edited:

Kiim2507

HSC
Yep battery life is horrible
I wouldn't recommend the N95
Yeah it has awesome features but is a shit phone imo
I had mine for a year when it started playing up and broke
Had to take it for repairs
They made me pay because it was like 2 weeks after the warranty had ended
All they did was update the software and tell me my battery was faulty and it cost me >$60
I got a new battery but the battery life is still shit

I still got a year on my contract...can't wait til it's over so I can get rid of this crap phone

The best thing about it is 5 megapixel camera
But heaps of phones have that now anyway

Rainie

HSC
John Oliver said:
What is this 2004?
I think you may have been referring to Nokia N70. The Nokia N95 is pretty new.

On another note: The battery life is alright, unless you use the functions such as your mp3/record clips all day. Then definitely your battery will drain. For me, it's a bit too chunky for my liking.

HSC
Deltan said:
how much is it?

someone recommended me this the other day, seems interesting

but i heard the battery life is awful though, is this true?
btw is it easy to connect wi-fi?
I'm not quite sure how much it is, since I got mine from online (not ebay) but I think around $700 - $1000 in the shops here in Aus.

The battery life only wastes quite fast if you've been using the Wi-Lan for long periods of time.

It's easy to connect to the Wi-Lan connection if you already have a connection set up in your house. I have one set up in my house and I can easily accesss the Wi-Lan by connecting to our home access point. The range is quite good also, like I can go outside in the backyard and still be able to access the Wi-Lan connection and go on the internet.

Last edited:
HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Yep battery life is horrible
I wouldn't recommend the N95
Yeah it has awesome features but is a shit phone imo
I had mine for a year when it started playing up and broke
Had to take it for repairs
They made me pay because it was like 2 weeks after the warranty had ended
All they did was update the software and tell me my battery was faulty and it cost me >$60
I got a new battery but the battery life is still shit

I still got a year on my contract...can't wait til it's over so I can get rid of this crap phone

The best thing about it is 5 megapixel camera
But heaps of phones have that now anyway
Hmmm you probably just have a shit model.

The battery life of mine is actually pretty good, maybe the models overseas are better? Coz I got mine brand new and all from online LoL:rofl:

And not a lot of phones have 5 megapixel camera.....only some do..

HSC
Rainie said:
I think you may have been referring to Nokia N70. The Nokia N95 is pretty new.

On another note: The battery life is alright, unless you use the functions such as your mp3/record clips all day. Then definitely your battery will drain. For me, it's a bit too chunky for my liking.
Yeah she's right, the Nokia N95 is pretty new, I think it just came out like last year.

I guess it wouldn't appeal to girls because it might be a bit 'chunky' for their liking. But I found this phone the right size and it was actually pretty light.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i have the 8gb one and it's pretty much the best phone ever, could afford to be a bit less chunky though

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
it came out nearly two years ago and is also made by nokia. strike and strike. who cares.

proringz

HSC
To all people saying this phone is 'pretty new', well it's not it. It came out in 2007 and since that time, lots of phones have come out with same or better features as the N95 such as the 8-megapixel camera Sony Ericsson C905 and LG KC910 Renoir aswell as the N96 which has replaced this model.

dolbinau

HSC
iPhone>them all. Unless of course you care so much about eight-megapixels-of-grainyness, poor video recording, MMS or bluetooth transfer found in other phones.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
i don't understand why people still buy the n95, or the iphone. they're both overpriced pieces of crap.

there are much better phones available on the market which are cheaper than the n95, and the iphone, can i say ripoff? but the fallout is just starting to happen...everyone that bought them when they were just released are starting to experience the problems...sucks to be them.

dolbinau

HSC
yulia said:
i don't understand why people still buy the n95, or the iphone. they're both overpriced pieces of crap.

there are much better phones available on the market which are cheaper than the n95, and the iphone, can i say ripoff? but the fallout is just starting to happen...everyone that bought them when they were just released are starting to experience the problems...sucks to be them.
RE: iPhone, that is not true at all. The popular opinion of technology enthusiasts on the net (at least around sites like Engadget, Gizmodo etc..) is that the iPhone is unmatched by competitors and 'apparent' iPhone killers e.g Blackberry storm, T Mobile G1 that have all come and failed (The Palm Pre announced at CES finally looks like some competition).

Evolution2006

HSC
dolbinau said:
RE: iPhone, that is not true at all. The popular opinion of technology enthusiasts on the net (at least around sites like Engadget, Gizmodo etc..) is that the iPhone is unmatched by competitors and 'apparent' iPhone killers e.g Blackberry storm, T Mobile G1 that have all come and failed (The Palm Pre announced at CES finally looks like some competition).
just wait til the n97 hits the market this yr it will blow the iphone away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)