the Motorcycle Diaries (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Anyone seen this yet? i saw it today, it really put things into perspective. the cinematography is beautiful- che guevara and his friend granada ride around the continent of south america on a motorbike, and witness the true poverty of their own people. the actor who plays che is really good (and hot).

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Great film. Unfortunately, a bit too high brow in comparison to the sinking low brows whom form the majority of the movie-going scene. Visuals and screenplay fantastic. Highly recommended. 4/5 stars.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes, it's a foreign film. it's got the bloke from "y tu mama tambien" as well, who plays che. and yes it does have something to do with personal journeys, but what has that got to do with the price of tea in china?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
I loved it...it was so funny, yet so devestatingly beautiful....
Some of those black and white shots were to die for.
The two leads were amazing...and the leper colony was so well done...was it real?

bustinjustin

HSC
I swear that guy from Y tu mama tambien who plays Ernesto 'che' Guevara is a splitting image of Freddie Prinze Jnr (whether or not anyone will remember that guy is a totally different matter, think back to all those late 90's teen movies). Anyone?

I'll simply re-iterate what everyone else has said - great film, beautfiful cinematography, quite moving actually. And yes, its perfect for physical journeys, and I wouldn't mind paying to see it several times until it comes on locally on DVD...though it's probably out on DVD in the US now, right?

Altogether now.."Chipi Chipi!" :p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah, the shots were beautiful, made me want to go to south america and experience was those two blokes experienced. i think that for me is the definition for a good movie- wanting to be the character and experience the character's journeys.

yeah bustinjustin he does kinda look like freddie prince, except the difference between the two is that bernal gael garcia can actually act.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)