The most expensive golf comfortline, vs the cheapest Honda accord. (1 Viewer)

billstery

HSC
The most expensive golf comfortline, vs the cheapest Honda accord.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the golf, it seems like more of a young persons car, and perhaps even a better one. (I'm male).

What do you guys think is best?

Cost disregarded.

CieL

HSC
Comfortline... so the 2.0L FSI DSG? Unless you want to drive a diesel that is..

I haven't driven the current model, however, I have driven the previous model of the Golf [2.0L Sport mkIV]..

In determining which one to get..

I would get the Golf over the Accord 2.4L
HOWEVER, I would get the Accord EURO over the Golf

My current ride is the Accord Euro and it's packed with more than enough power for my driving needs. I don't know how many kws the current Accord 2.4L has, but the old version had 118kw I believe.. which seems sluggish for a large and heavy car.. The Euro has smaller dimensions and more power under the hood.. not to mention the newer models come with stiffer suspension

Umm the Golf 2.0L goes really well for a little car. Very rev happy and is more than able to hit 180kmh [Euro can hit more]. Thing I really liked about the Golf was the stock tyres ahhahaa the old one had stock Continentals and they gripped hard! Plus we had the coilovers changed and it stayed flat during corners.

The good thing about DSG is that it makes the car so fucking smooth. My friend has an Audi A3 with DSG and he downgeared at the lights.. and a Porsche pulls up next to him and says, "I'm a driving instructor.. and that was the BEST heel toe I've ever heard in my life".. Fancy that, thanks to the twin clutches you don't even feel the slightest jerk when changing gears in an "automatic".

Jiga

I think the best part of DSG is that it shifts faster then any manual can... stuff smoothness! As for original question, I would have to agree with Ciel if you meant the regular Accord then I would go for the Golf, but if you meant Euro they are quite nice vehicles and are starting to be offered with more features as the model ages.

sinist4

HSC
yeah... if ur getting the euro go with that. it has 140 Kw at the crank, and its got Vtec YO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)