The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
arch enemy finished recording their new album

BeyondDeath

HSC
Anybody enjoy Agalloch? I'm listening to The Mantle right now and I just remembered how fucking awesome they are.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Agalloch are pretty cool.

I've been getting into Ulver's metal side of late, after obsessing about their newer stuff for months. I really don't like the vocals in Kveldssanger though, seriously.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Retrovertigo said:
Yeah, Agalloch are pretty cool.

I've been getting into Ulver's metal side of late, after obsessing about their newer stuff for months. I really don't like the vocals in Kveldssanger though, seriously.
The only Ulver albums I;ve heard are Kveldssanger, Nattens Madrigal and Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Although they are no longer metal, I enjoy and band that changes and evolves, which is probably why I like Boris. Anyone a fan of Boris?

aMUSEd1977 said:
Kataxu?

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
Nah, can't say I've heard them. I've heard OF them but not the music. How bout Hate Forest?

My type of black metal is generally atmospheric such as Drudkh, Negura Bunget, Walknut and depressive: Nae'blis, Shining, Be Persecuted.

Burzum and Darkthrone as well of course.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
BeyondDeath said:
Anyone a fan of Boris?
Yeah, Amplifier Worship would have to be my favourite, though the Pink songs done with Merzbow on Rock Dream are fucking good too.

neafoo

HSC
Some new In Flames songs got ripped off the radio in sweeden. They're called
"the mirrors truth" and "disconnected" ... they were both on youtube last time i looked. They're mostly a continuation of the style they had on come clarity.
Im posting this cause that exphate guy might be interested, if he is still around. I think he was a big In Flames fan.

drunkontea

HSC
Scandinavian extreme metal bands are definately my favourite.

Opeth: Blackwater Park
Emperor: Anthems to the Welkin at dusk
Enslaved: Isa
Meshuggah: Catch 33
Ayreon: The Human Equation
Agalloch: The Mantle
Tool: Lateralus

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
neafoo said:
Some new In Flames songs got ripped off the radio in sweeden. They're called
"the mirrors truth" and "disconnected" ... they were both on youtube last time i looked. They're mostly a continuation of the style they had on come clarity.
Im posting this cause that exphate guy might be interested, if he is still around. I think he was a big In Flames fan.
I use to totally love In Flames. Whoracle pwns and Colony is awesome but over the years I kinda lost interest in them after they released Soundtrack. I considered Melo-death my fav genre and looked for anything melo-death but thats no longer the case. But for anyone looking for a great melodeath band, check out Insomnium (if u haven't already).

Drunkontea:

Opeth!! I consider them my fav band of all time. Still Life is my fav album.

drunkontea

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
I use to totally love In Flames. Whoracle pwns and Colony is awesome but over the years I kinda lost interest in them after they released Soundtrack. I considered Melo-death my fav genre and looked for anything melo-death but thats no longer the case. But for anyone looking for a great melodeath band, check out Insomnium (if u haven't already).

Drunkontea:

Hell yeh! Opeth fkn rules! Can't wait for their new album.

BeyondDeath

HSC
drunkontea said:
Hell yeh! Opeth fkn rules! Can't wait for their new album.
yea I;m curious to hear what they sound like with a longtime guitarist gone and Axe on drums, although it really shouldnt affect the music much considering Mikael IS Opeth. But the promo photos are gonna look weird :mad1:

drunkontea

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
yea I;m curious to hear what they sound like with a longtime guitarist gone and Axe on drums, although it really shouldnt affect the music much considering Mikael IS Opeth. But the promo photos are gonna look weird :mad1:
I know Mikael will not dissapoint us. This year is gonna be great. Roundhouse dvd and still life re-issue as well. Oh yeh!

neafoo

HSC
BeyondDeath said:

Drunkontea:

Yeah i still give their first 4 CD's a spin, but for the most part they've lost it for me. Though its more about the guitars than the vocals for me.

Any of you guys listen to coroner? They're very technical thrash metal from the late 80's early 90's that got completely overlooked. They formed from Celtic Frost's roadies i think.
Two good songs by them, and for a taste of how technical they can be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LuxSVUip4 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtRP5XbTBQ
(that guy pwns at bass :p)

Legham

HSC
drunkontea said:
Scandinavian extreme metal bands are definately my favourite.

Opeth: Blackwater Park
Emperor: Anthems to the Welkin at dusk
Enslaved: Isa
Meshuggah: Catch 33
Ayreon: The Human Equation
Agalloch: The Mantle
Tool: Lateralus
Out of the bands i've listened to of those (opeth, tool and meshuggah) none of these are even close to being "extreme" metal :p

And i thought i posted in here when yous were talking about black metal at the start of the page >:/ I said," 'sif not mention Nyktalgia, Wedard, Wotanorden and Sterbend when recommending black metal bands"

drunkontea

HSC
Legham said:
Out of the bands i've listened to of those (opeth, tool and meshuggah) none of these are even close to being "extreme" metal :p

I didn't mean to say they were all extreme metal, or scandinavian, out of the ones I menationed, emperor and enslaved are extreme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)