The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

HSC
You know.. that wasn't really Emperor.

I was listening to Slipknot, for my sociology class.

My thesis was "popularist fuck tards will even think music such as slipknot is cool if they see someone cool listening to it".

You lose.

Your grandad called by the way, he was wondering when he'd get to see you again...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Merging all these "metal threads, and cleaning them up.

G

Gavvvvvin

Perfect Element said:
You know.. that wasn't really Emperor.

I was listening to Slipknot, for my sociology class.

My thesis was "popularist fuck tards will even think music such as slipknot is cool if they see someone cool listening to it".

You lose.

Your grandad called by the way, he was wondering when he'd get to see you again...
Man your thesis shouldve been "elitist scene fucktards who think their cool because they dont listen to mainstream"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Why is there so much hate between you kids?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Perfect Element said:
So who here is into death or black metal?

Slipknot faggots need not apply.
I love death, especially melodic death.

ariande

The Don
HSC
Schroedinger said:
No, I think his whole point was that he likes to listen to talented musicians rather than mass produced angry crap.

*Points to the Majesty of Opeth.*
I've just aquired Damnation, in love with it already.

ariande

The Don
HSC
AsyLum said:
Why is there so much hate between you kids?
[Speaking in generalisations here]

Because there is a lot of comptetition... Most people who listen to metal try to dissociate themselves from 'mainstream' and pop music... The natural urge of a metal head is to attack those who listen to what they, or other people classify as 'mainstream'. So Slipknot for example, their fans often get attacked by people claiming that 'real' metal heads don't listen to it, or any other kind of Nu-Metal, like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit etc.

Now I for one, listen to Slipknot, at least, the two albums they have that aren't half bad [in my eyes] and I listen to Linkin Park's first album, Hybrid Theory. I don't really care WHAT you call me, but I DO have some 'decent' music that I listen to... Don't automatically assume that because someone listens to something you don't like, they automatically don't listen to 'real' metal, or 'real' music. A lot of people classify the metal heads who include some 'mainstream' metal into their collection as being wankers who are trying to be angsty and piss of their parents. Needless to say, this is not the case with everyone. Yes, within every music genre, you get idiots. Yes, there are angst-ridden teenagers who claim that their life is meaningless who listen to Slipknot. But those same angst-ridden teenages listen to other metal genres as well, you cannot just contain them into Nu-Metal.

May I point out to all the metal fans on here, that metal is derived from classical Baroque music. Listen to a metal riff, take out the distortion and compare it to a Baroque song. I think you will be pleasantly [or unpleasantly - depending on whether you're trying to infuriate your parents or not *rolls eyes*] surprised.

The actual metal genre, coming from bands like Metallica, was supposed to be music that was harder, angrier, and yet accepted by people. That's why there was an emphasis on Baroque themes in the style of music.

I'm going to just assume that I will have people flaming me for comparing metal to classical... Might I point out that I too, listen to metal.

ariande

The Don
HSC
Calculon said:
St Anger anyone?
Bah. Their worst album ever. I don't think it's actually all that bad, being Metallica and all it's hard to go wrong. But in comparison to things like Master of Puppets, the Black elbum even... St Anger's got nothing.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
wanton-wonton said:
Melodic death isn't death.
Find another genre to put bands like Deadlock, Norther, Hypocrisy etc in then.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Calculon said:
Find another genre to put bands like Deadlock, Norther, Hypocrisy etc in then.
I haven't heard of those band since I'm not as metal as you.

Stomping Ground

Complicated name, no gain
HSC
Im just going to list some good bands here...

Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Dream Theater & Liquid Tension Experiment
Emperor
Meshuggah
Tool
Soilwork
Katatonia
Bloodbath
Ayreon

...and Europe :D
ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

Man thats some good cheese... I mean metal...

Stomping Ground

Complicated name, no gain
HSC
Oh, and the bass in Mudvayne is pretty solid.

Anyone else here see Opeth when they came out?

And... what do you think of Ghost Reveries?
Its kinda grown on me, but the film clip was terrible. Get out of it Zorro.b

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Man your thesis shouldve been "elitist scene fucktards who think their cool because they dont listen to mainstream"
You're a fucking idiot.

It was an in-joke between me and Schroedinger about once when I let him listen to my headphones and he heard about 5 seconds of Emperor and was like WHOA THIS IS AWESOME.

Now get the fuck off my internet you fucking moron.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)