• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Weren't SOAD accused of being greedy when they released "Steal This Album"?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
duckofdoom said:
Nu-metal is slowly merging into a heavy version of hip hop. look at Linkin Park, they don't care any more, they want more money and that's why they released that gay album, reanimation or something, and that thing with Jay z, wtf!!!!!
How is Linkin Park Nu-Metal?

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
linkin fucking park isnt even nu metal - its more like rap/rock. they have always been a product of the mainstream - they even changed their name for their record company ffs

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
linkin fucking park isnt even nu metal - its more like rap/rock. they have always been a product of the mainstream - they even changed their name for their record company ffs
Yeah werent they originally Hybrid Theory, and there first album was called Linkin Park, then they changed there name and released Hybrid Theory under their new name "Linkin Park"

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
some crap like that. anyway all this linkin park is fagging up the thread too much.

SOAD is better than korn, and StaticX are indeed boring shit.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
some crap like that. anyway all this linkin park is fagging up the thread too much.

SOAD is better than korn, and StaticX are indeed boring shit.
IMO ild have to disagree with SOAD being better then Korn, but yes Static-X is blatent ripoff

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
A girl singing with a few guys behind playing what classifies for music.

Linkin Park are just put under nu-metal, I don't know why. Nu-metal just seems to screw and confuse people. It has to be crap to do that.

HSC
Nu Metal isnt really that much of a bad thing..its only when bands change their music style to suit more mainstream nu metal listeners i.e. Metallica, In Flames.
On another note..anyone like Opeths newish album 'Damnation'? (came out in 2003 but i only recently got it). I hope this is isnt a permanent change of their sound, but i still like how mellow the album is.

Zyklon

Banned
HSC
The band has stated on several occasions that it was a one off thing.

They are actually recording an album at the moment, hopefully it should be out later this year. For some reason I think it's going to suck though, because apparently they are now on Roadrunner (label filled with nu-metal and metalcore shit)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm interested to hear where you guys would place RATM, because they have definite hiphop/nu metal influences, but they also own, which creates a paradox of sorts.

Zyklon

Banned
HSC
No...well see the thing is, they don't own, they suck, therefore there is no paradox to be made.

-rok-chik-

HSC
I know im possably going to be bagged out somthing kronic but im gunna have my say.
Im a big fan of chicks in music, as i listen to a majority of "Heavy" music, it is uncommon for me to come across such bands. There is one band that i love, that if you havnt already, should check out, Kittie! All Chick 'metal' band, awsome.
Also bands such as Nightwish and Lacuna Coil are great examples of how well some chicks do in music.
Other than my chick obsession, another of my fave cds is the Queen Of The Damned soundtrack. I realise that there is a lot of dislike here for some of the bands who contributed to the album, but i like it.

Black Seed

HSC
N/A
I like Thorr's Hammer, Derekta, Demonic Christ, Mythic and that singer-chick from Twisted Sister.

Zyklon

Banned
HSC
The chick in Virgin Black is pretty hott, pity about the band though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
a8o said:
anyone seeing anthrax in sydney tomorrow night?
Nope, didn't have enough money, and Deth were enough to appease me for the time being.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)