The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

tiddlefuzzle

HSC
Hi guys! I started working at maccas 10 weeks ago. Im being taxed WAY too much! I filled in the yellow tax form and gave it to them on my second shift. Four weeks later Im getting taxed 48%. I asked why and they said my form got lost and they only recently found it behind the computer and sent it off....yay....so I wait till next pay- nope still getting over taxed. Ive talked to every manager in the store and most of them know nothing about tax or who I talk to about it. The one who sent it off just said she sent it so now its out of her hands. I asked who does the pays and she said a manager at another store so I asked her to call her and she said she would after the lunch time rush and then she'd call me back. She never did. Went into work yesterday and she was there, she said she talked to the store manager about it and he said I have to call them and not them. Then she walked out and left the store. So who am I meant to call?? Ive already called the tax office about it, they said theres nothing they can do maccas have to fix it, they only told me that I shouldnt be taxed so much. Ive asked for payrolls phone number and didnt get that. Ive asked for the manager who does the pays number but apparently that doesnt exist or no one has it. Ive filled in a new yellow tax form and Im going down to give it to them shortly. Anyone got any ideas on what else to do?? Its driving me nuts. Ive almost paid $1000 tax in 10 weeks!

spence

HSC
Hi guys! I started working at maccas 10 weeks ago. Im being taxed WAY too much! I filled in the yellow tax form and gave it to them on my second shift. Four weeks later Im getting taxed 48%. I asked why and they said my form got lost and they only recently found it behind the computer and sent it off....yay....so I wait till next pay- nope still getting over taxed. Ive talked to every manager in the store and most of them know nothing about tax or who I talk to about it. The one who sent it off just said she sent it so now its out of her hands. I asked who does the pays and she said a manager at another store so I asked her to call her and she said she would after the lunch time rush and then she'd call me back. She never did. Went into work yesterday and she was there, she said she talked to the store manager about it and he said I have to call them and not them. Then she walked out and left the store. So who am I meant to call?? Ive already called the tax office about it, they said theres nothing they can do maccas have to fix it, they only told me that I shouldnt be taxed so much. Ive asked for payrolls phone number and didnt get that. Ive asked for the manager who does the pays number but apparently that doesnt exist or no one has it. Ive filled in a new yellow tax form and Im going down to give it to them shortly. Anyone got any ideas on what else to do?? Its driving me nuts. Ive almost paid $1000 tax in 10 weeks!
Call head office and ask them to put you through to payroll

lizzie_6288

HSC
i've been working there for 2 years.

the first 3 months are a 90% pay, which is 6.36 or something. then after that it all depends on your age. here in NSW, Port Macquarie its 7.34 at 15, the $2 more for every year you get older till you hit like 21 or something. its really not that bad.

omnipotent

HSC
Got an interview coming up on tuesday and am wondering whether it's worth it.
I just recently quit my job at KFC (was earning $9.60) and looking through this thread it looks as though mcdonalds pays less..
Just wondering what the pay for a 16 year old is WITH the casual loading.
Thanks in advance
Edit: Found this somewhere in the middle of this thread...
https://metime.workstar.com.au/pdfs/NSW%20SDA%20Federal%20Award%20December%202006.pdf

That's the Maccas award summary.
Very useful

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I was at the Woolworths Induction today, the SDA Union video was playing. It had McDondalds logo as one of it's companyes which it is unioning.
McDonalds doesn't have an award on the SDA website, nor have I heard anything about the union & McDonalds. No union sign up when you start at Maccas either? wtf?

Cheers

Dod0

HSC
If McDonalds is infact involved with a union which I highly doubt they wouldn't want to advertise the fact as we'd all want pay rises, etc haha

ashllis92

HSC
Hi, I've been working at Maccas for just over two years now and am generally well liked, get good hours etc. by the managers. The store I work at is a little store on the South Coast owned by a franchise = not the McDonalds company. How hard/easy would it be to organise a transfer to another store next year when I start Uni? Does being a franchise make a difference because I think I remember my store manager saying something to this effect but I'm not sure. Any help would be muchly appreciated. If anyone has any other questions about the work, the pay, the people etc. post your question up here and I'm sure I'll be able to answer it or find the answer.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Anyone over 18 and applied for maccas and got hired?

JJLiu

HSC
For casuals at my macca's, the payrate was something like
15 year olds and under got $7.60ish?
16 year olds got $9.80 and 17 year olds was around $12

Last edited:

thedsta

HSC
N/A
Just a question on earrings for guys....

I was failed on an SOC for having a single small sleeper in my left ear.

The manager said guys are to wear one in each ear or none at all.

The jewellery policy states "Minimal jewellery eg one small stud or sleeper per ear".

I take that to mean you can have a maximum of one per ear, but said manager swears it means you must have one in both ears, and other managers also agreed.

Anyone know if this is for real? it seems kinda crazy that they're telling me to go get a piercing in what not long ago was perceived to be the "gay" ear.

brookie94

HSC
Hi anyone going to wagga maccas interview tomorrow? And does anyone know what I need to take? Thanks

HSC
You don't really need to take anything to an interview, on the online application, if you listed any awards etc. it's useful to take them in, maybe a copy of your latest report and anything else that will make you stand out.

Basically, just talk casually, answer the questions with some sort of intelligence and you should get the job. Good luck ;)

ashllis92

HSC

The jewellery policy states "Minimal jewellery eg one small stud or sleeper per ear".

I take that to mean you can have a maximum of one per ear, but said manager swears it means you must have one in both ears, and other managers also agreed.

Anyone know if this is for real? it seems kinda crazy that they're telling me to go get a piercing in what not long ago was perceived to be the "gay" ear.
Seems a bit silly IMO but they're your managers and no matter how idiotic and wrong they are, they're always right :mad1: Just take the earring out when you work and put it back in when you knock off... I'm surprised they failed your SOC on such a little thing which is easily fixed... bit harsh

brookie94

HSC
I got a job!!! Yay! With the pack you get when they emply you, do you have to do the restaurant basics quiz and the heart foundation tick quiZ before orientation??

spence

HSC
Just realised my 25cent pay rise is actually going to turn into a pay cut cause I have to go part time and I think I need to switch to the new award :(

ashllis92

HSC
I got a job!!! Yay! With the pack you get when they emply you, do you have to do the restaurant basics quiz and the heart foundation tick quiZ before orientation??
Wow, I never got thing from them when i started... not even proper training...
i wouldnt worry about the quizzes, theyre really simple and orientation will basically give you most of the answers
gratz on your new job

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC

wtf ... seriously? i've worked for maccas for over 3 years and never have they asked me to take my earings out (i've got two in one ear and 3 in the other) and i've never failed any of my soc's. just so you know there are plenty of guys that i work with that have one stud in. but yeah just follow ashllis92's advice, thats the best thing you can do.

but what is strange is that ive been trained in grill for 2 years now and never had an soc filled out for the kitchen, well that was before my last shift before the hsc when every single soc that i know to exist was filled out on me. lets just say i signed my life away that day!

ItsTimee

HSC
I am confused by Macca's. I recently applied to them all in my local area, got an email back from one asking if i was available for an interview, i booked it in online and prepared myself. My past experience involved retail for 3 years, Banking for 1 year and Bar work for 4 years so plenty of Custome Service, Team Work and Till interaction. In my opinion the interview was awesome, by far the best one i have had, went through all my past experience, he liked how i had plenty of customer experience and liked how i handled the 'fake customer' situation he gave me. We laughed and talked about what we done in our spare time and i went away from the interview really positive, however i got a rejection email saying that someone else was better suited for the job and i was kind of miffed to be honest, i did however read before my interview that a lot of places just hire the 16 year olds due the the big difference with pay and things and i put it down to being 19 nearly 20 that i didn't get it :(

Has anyone else had similar experiences with age?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)