The mass extermination of humans to maintain acceptable standards of living (1 Viewer)

ImAgInE94

HSC
i can see where youre coming from, it was brave to show your idea in front of public scrutiny

but obvs moral grounds here stand, do the people who we exterminate have a say in if they die or not? isnt it every persons natural born right to have a say on how their life goes?

you could argue that these people dont matter anyway, poor labourers in mainland china/africa, no life as compared to ours, expendable, merely consuming resources which could be used elsewhere

but they exist nonetheless, and although we are talking about the grand scheme of things, they matter

the preservation of human life cannot be achieved through the culling of other lives

i propose we come to a compromise between the rich and poor countries of the world and try and co-exist with each other, and if it can be saved by that stage, nature as well
i realise that this is a long shot, and next to impossible due to the very nature of humans, but we should force ourselves (this would probably be the root of why this wont work) to co-exist and work together to provide a very long term solution to preserve humanity

this one of many scenarios, the OP's one would work, nuclear war could also "work"
you can't argue that people don't matter! every life is worth somehting so extermination is wrong.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
hahaha humans nuking the world to save it FROM HUMANS.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
I have signaled my people and they shall arrive to destroy you puny human in our glorious battleship. I will watch from orbit as you are erased from history

Davie1

HSC
So correct me if I am wrong but OP is trolling or is logically incorrect. Cause mass murder is the complete flip side of trying to maintain acceptable standards of living (for all that is). Our current standards of living have not always been what they are so why would we presume that they would stay the same standards 100 or even 20 years from now?

To that fact you make your own reality by perceiving your environment, a king 400 years ago would think we were using magic if he was to see our present... his reality could not perceive our environment, but our reality can.

How about not viewing the situation as negative slit your wrists level problem? try seeing it as a relisation that we have to aspire to a better situation. It maybe different from what is today, but that's what is great about tomorrow.

*please point out any flaws in my logic cause I am not perfect and criticism is a good way of learning from our mistakes*

Xfinity

HSC
LOL at how a thread of this nature is right underneath the wedding dress thread.
(This week's Hot Topics)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)