• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The LSAT for Melb Uni JD? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello everyone,

Just received my VCE ENTER and am pretty happy with it. I should be able to get into Monash law. However, I was wondering if I should go to Melb Uni (a lot closer to home, more "prestigious"), do an undergrad degree and take the LSAT for their JD program. Is the LSAT a "hard" test? Yes, I know everyone has their own strengths hence the LSAT will be easy for some and hard for others. But is it generally supposed to pick out the geniuses? Because I would say I'm rather average. I work hard and tests such as the LSAT just aren't my forte. So seeing as I'm able to get into Monash LLB, should I go for this or try out for Melb Uni in three years time? Is the JD preferred over LLB? Some on this forum have said it's basically the same so does it really matter?

Also would it increase my opportunities for employment if I undertake a commerce degree with law? Or should I do something like science just to broaden my knowledge?

Extremely apologetic for all of my questions. I was very confused before my ENTER came out even after tons of research. I think I've started to narrow down my options a bit. Thanks in advance.

dste6

HSC
If you're sure that you want to be doing law, then you should just do the LLB. For your purposes there is no significant difference between a JD and an LLB. The second degree in your double degree should be whatever your most interested in or what you can see yourself wanting to get into in the future.

The LSAT is a very hard test; most people don't finish it properly. Not to worry, luckily the score required by Melb is fairly low when compared to American/Canadian law schools. I recommend that you attend an information session, they will affirm this for you.

HSC
Thanks for the reply dste6. That was quite insightful. I'll probably go for the LLB then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)