The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock overused as belonging related text? (1 Viewer)

irenefu

HSC
So after trials, I realised my 2nd belonging related text was useless and is unlikely to score my high marks in the HSC. I'm thinking of using The Lovesong of J.Alfred Prufrock as my 2nd related , considering I already have notes on the poem. Just concerned whether or not it's an overused text , and markers are sick of marking it ?
Thanks!:)

HSC
N/A
So after trials, I realised my 2nd belonging related text was useless and is unlikely to score my high marks in the HSC. I'm thinking of using The Lovesong of J.Alfred Prufrock as my 2nd related , considering I already have notes on the poem. Just concerned whether or not it's an overused text , and markers are sick of marking it ?
Thanks!:)
Hey Irene,

Lovesong is definitely a very well used (for lack of better phrasing) related text for belonging by many high achieving students (quite a few students we teach from NSG and JR use it every year). It's well used by this particular subgroup of students because it's rather 'easy' to analyse (coming up with sophisticated literary techniques from Lovesong can be likened to picking fruit from a very well-laden and nourished tree) and it ties in excellently with belonging (classic selective school manoeuvre to use Lovesong to elucidate the dichotomous nature of belonging and what have you).

Whilst it definitely is well-used, I'd say go for it. It's sophisticated, and I can't see you going wrong if your analysis is good. It's only overused by the better students, so in the grand scheme of things I'm 100% it's going to be okay (however if you were choosing Bend it like Bekham I'd be advising otherwise!).

Kind Regards,
D

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
It's overused so it'll depend on the marker and how they feel about those type of texts. If it's exceptionally good then stick with it. It's better to do a very good analysis of an overused text than a last minute analysis on a text you've never done before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)