The List of Stuff (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Until one day you do ahve to wask your own sheets and don't know how....

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Paroissien said:
At Ursula they wash sheets for us, which kanes
yeah at my college (St Alberts at UNE) they wash our sheets too... but i think i'll be taking my own sheets which means that they won't do them for me... but i think i'm capable of washing my sheets once a week - it doesn't take too long... even boys i know can do it every week so i'm sure i'll be right!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You could always put glad wrap down over your sheets. Like some Italian family :p

Last edited:

omg_a

HSC
ziff, are you taking fans (plural) ??? i was kinda thinking one would be enough.

erm stuff not on ziff's list...

four A4 folders
2 power boards (bound to be only two power points)
tea pot
tea leaves/bags
skirt hangers
lovely new pencil case containing lovely new pens etc
textbooks
reading books
fat dictionaries
calender
wash bag
washing powder
hair dryer
medical stuff

that’s all I think. Maybe not. Argh so much to do so little time…

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
In addition to the extension cords mentioned by Ziff, I suggest powerboards -- colleges are notoriously stingy when it comes to the number of powerpoints in your room. =)

Oh, and for those living at Fenner, no need to bring a kettle, as a) you're not supposed to use them in your room, and b) there's a large hot water urn in the kitchenette on each floor. An iron is useful. The colleges (including Fenner) often have some available at the office for you to borrow, but I tend to avoid those... Do *not* forget the detergent, or other relevant implements when it comes to washing dishes.

Thinking slightly ahead -- when you get there, remember to keep your mobile on you. Have at least *one* person you can call if you get hopelessly lost -- even if it's the office for your college. (Note that it's pretty difficult to get lost in Canberra.) Know, or write down, your address and phone number in Canberra, especially if you need to go to places like the bank or Centrelink.

Erm, that's it for now, I think...I'm sure I'll remember more after most of you move in. =)

mm87511

HSC
alphatango said:
In addition to the extension cords mentioned by Ziff, I suggest powerboards -- colleges are notoriously stingy when it comes to the number of powerpoints in your room. =)

Oh, and for those living at Fenner, no need to bring a kettle, as a) you're not supposed to use them in your room, and b) there's a large hot water urn in the kitchenette on each floor. An iron is useful. The colleges (including Fenner) often have some available at the office for you to borrow, but I tend to avoid those... Do *not* forget the detergent, or other relevant implements when it comes to washing dishes.

Thinking slightly ahead -- when you get there, remember to keep your mobile on you. Have at least *one* person you can call if you get hopelessly lost -- even if it's the office for your college. (Note that it's pretty difficult to get lost in Canberra.) Know, or write down, your address and phone number in Canberra, especially if you need to go to places like the bank or Centrelink.

Erm, that's it for now, I think...I'm sure I'll remember more after most of you move in. =)
great help!! is the centerlink or banks far away from B&G?

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Sort of depends on what you need. Commonwealth Bank is nicely situated in Union Court, across from the refectory (I knew I picked the right bank :p). I believe there's an NAB branch located over in the Chancelry -- I've never seen it myself though. I think St George is in Civic, and I'm sure there would be the other "big four" banks there too.

Centrelink: The nearest branch is in Braddon, on 13 (?) Lonsdale St. Check whereis.com.au if you need a map. I'm told there's also some sort of Centrelink-y person on campus, or at least someone who will help you out with Centrelink stuff if you need it. You should be able to find them by checking with the Students' Association office, which is upstairs, above the Commonwealth Bank.

mm87511

HSC
i am moving tomorrow so far I have packed 4 medium size boxes, 1 big box, 1 HUGE suitcase(around 1m*80cm), a huge box for bar fridge(i wonder if they allow this size of bar fridge..wish me luck),other other bags of my dolls..shoes..oh i want my mum..

I wonder who is gona help me to carry those boxes up the stairs..do they hv a lift?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mm87511 said:
i am moving tomorrow so far I have packed 4 medium size boxes, 1 big box, 1 HUGE suitcase(around 1m*80cm), a huge box for bar fridge(i wonder if they allow this size of bar fridge..wish me luck),other other bags of my dolls..shoes..oh i want my mum..

I wonder who is gona help me to carry those boxes up the stairs..do they hv a lift?
recruit some random passing guy.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
mm87511 said:
Very good question. :p I have no idea what it's like at B&G...here at Fenner there's a trolley on which you can stack boxes/fridges/etc., and then you just wheel that into the lift.

If you need a hand, send me a PM whenever you get on the net, and I'll show you around campus if you need it. There should be some fairly helpful ppl around B&G too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)