• lipstick

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • other (please describe)

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
lucas paw paw ointment goes with me everywhere.
At night ill use a tinted lipgloss or lucas if i dont want any colour.

rumour

HSC
Vaseline- I got told that it isn't that good for your lips, but I still use it!!

Pros: It keeps your lips moist without being sticky.
Cons:Rubs off easily.

I usually put lip gloss over it, I don't like lipstick at all! It's too dry.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
as if vaso is bad for your lips. i used to be known as the lip gloss queen. i used so much of it. but ive used vaseline LIP therapy (its meant for your lips, how can it be bad), for years now and my lips are fiiiinnee.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
kathelle said:
Lucas Papaw Ointment
Yay!! Go the Paw Paw cream - I have a little tub next to my bed and one in my drawers - its such a good all over balm and carry a tube in my bag all the time. Blistex is great - it was the best thing to protect my lips during HSC Music Performances etc. as being a woodwind player meant that it would always get flaked/dry really easily.

Gloss is ok for going out, but usually not something I prefer. Same for lip-stick.

I like stains, but have yet to find a good one. I find that a combination of stain/balm would be the best - a little colour and enough shine/protection to keep your lips looking good.

katy-g

HSC
To be perfectly honest i put on a soft layer of lipstick... and then put a lip gloss over the top.

:)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Shell said:
as if vaso is bad for your lips. i used to be known as the lip gloss queen. i used so much of it. but ive used vaseline LIP therapy (its meant for your lips, how can it be bad), for years now and my lips are fiiiinnee.
but that lip therapy stuff is thinner than vaseline in a tub, i don't like it as much. i think the thing about vaseline being bad for your lips is a rumour (wishful thinking maybe :p)

in order of use:
1. balm
love this because it's moisturising and comes in fun flavours.
i use this the most. But at the moment have been using gloss just as much because I don’t like a lot of the balms I have tried – most of the supermarket ones like blistex, nivea don't seem to be anything special for dry lips. i want to try the body shop body butter balms, i have tried the fruity ones but they come off so quickly. I love the softlips flavours

2. gloss
i use this almost as often as balm at the moment. i love it because there is only a hint of colour, if any colour at all. some of them have great staying power.

3. lipstick
i never use this. i don' t like the 'old' feeling that goes with lipstick, but maybe i haven't found any good ones yet. i don't like using colour much either.

4. lip tint
i have never tried this. as above, i don't use much colour, so this wouldn't have much use for me.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
iambored said:
but that lip therapy stuff is thinner than vaseline in a tub,
it's the same thing actually. Depending on the temperature, it can go liquidy and soft just like the stuff in the tub does.

HSC
iambored said:
but that lip therapy stuff is thinner than vaseline in a tub, i don't like it as much. i think the thing about vaseline being bad for your lips is a rumour (wishful thinking maybe :p)

in order of use:
1. balm
love this because it's moisturising and comes in fun flavours.
i use this the most. But at the moment have been using gloss just as much because I don’t like a lot of the balms I have tried – most of the supermarket ones like blistex, nivea don't seem to be anything special for dry lips. i want to try the body shop body butter balms, i have tried the fruity ones but they come off so quickly. I love the softlips flavours

2. gloss
i use this almost as often as balm at the moment. i love it because there is only a hint of colour, if any colour at all. some of them have great staying power.

3. lipstick
i never use this. i don' t like the 'old' feeling that goes with lipstick, but maybe i haven't found any good ones yet. i don't like using colour much either.

4. lip tint
i have never tried this. as above, i don't use much colour, so this wouldn't have much use for me.
whoa, i always thought you were a dude :eek:

Mel_b

HSC
Occasionally I wear lipstick, but otherwise, lip balm by a mile - especially in winter. I am in love with Lush Chocolate Whipstick lip balm - it's choc orange flavoured and sooooooo moisturising.

Tingaling

HSC
I'm a gloss person, if you choose the right one, then it wouldnt go flacky... or anything ^___^v
I use the Clinique Superbalm tinted lip treatment (look like a gloss, works like a gloss, but is a balm and lip and a treatment) and I use the new nivea lip care, the caregloss & shine!!
its really good~

ediisjoz

HSC
miss_gtr said:
blistex is also good, i like the cool stingy feeling.
I LOVE THAT STINGY FEELING TOO!!

yay i'm not the only one in the world who likes that, ha!

ishq

brown?
HSC
Lip Balm! (Vitamin E from the Body Shop) I have like a million tubes around the house. Also, I'm the biggest Vaseline addict! I don't like the nivea lip care range much - its toooo rigid.

I'm not much of a Lip Gloss fan - I prefer light coloured matte lipsticks (YSL!)

Ahh - the Clinique tubey thing is realllly good :)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I use moisturiser on my lips, and to remove dead lip/dry lips, I use a toothbrush on my lips....really lightly and only for a bit. Otherwise you cut your lip an dit bleeds and hurts. But if you do it right you have smooth lips. Dont do it everyday if you do it.

*Minka*

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Is there anyone else here who keeps a lipgloss/lip balm/whatever in every single handbag to ensure they'll never be without? :p
Yep.

I am in Germany at the moment (arrived late Saturday night) and have already brought about eight lip glosses to add to the collection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)