The Ladder Theory (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think the Ladder Theory is pretty valid for a generalisation.

Anyway, a few words about the friendship-sex thing: It all comes down to interpretation. The theory obviously proposes that a guy can't be friends with a girl who he finds attractive. Many would dispute that, but provided the interpretation is 'correct', it can pretty much be deemed as true. I.e a guy-girl friendship is only such, when both a guy AND a girl consider each other as friends. Hence if one of them regards the other as a friend, yet the converse doesn't hold, there is not a proper friendship between the two. So the Ladder Theory simply makes that friendship-sex proposition around that notion, that is, the GIRL can regard the guy as strictly a friend, yet the guy technically doesn't regard the attractive girl as a friend, because he would like to bone her. That is, he regards her as MORE than a friend, hence there isn't a 'proper friendship', by the definition I made above. So really, it's a semantic thing.
Personally, I've had atleast one thought of boning every one of my attractive female friends. Ones which I've never had that thought about, I wouldn't regard them as attractive then.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I love it when people say "Well this part of ladder theory isn't true", and give no justification. Come on, you've seen life, it IS true.
I'll give it a shot.

The Women's Rating System.

Money and Power: 50% Considering how old we are and back when we were 14-17 year olds, we weren't exactly earning much. So the ladder theory may possibly have exceptions according to age. "I get about $20 pocket money a week, doesn't that turn you on?" The power bit, I'm afraid is true if we talk about social status etc.

Attraction: 40% What does this actually mean? It apparently compromises a lot of sub-catergories I know. Well of course we're going to agree with this. We find people attractive because they're attractive. Good work Einstein. If someone goes "I like a guy who is senstive" they're classed as lying, but maybe that's the "Novelty" section, so of course everyone will agree. Especially using a broad word like "attractive" to cover all bases.

Things Women Say They Care About But Do Not: 10%
(this includes intelligence, sense of humor, honesty, sensitivity etc. )
This is definatley not true. I find a sense of humor an incredibly turn on. I cannot possibly hang around with a boring, quiet guy. I once thought this guy called David was hot. But 2 minutes into it, I realised he didn't have a vocabulary and couldn't tell me a joke without laughing uncontrollably every two words, which pretty much kills the joke, and it was the biggest turn off. We were 15 (not earning much), he asked me out and I said no.

The website did not justify why a sense of humour is not true. Unless is a "Novelty" thing that goes under "Attraction" which not only contradicts itself, but again, is under a huge umbrella term to make everyone agree.

that's my attempt. the rest is true. :p

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ok i didnt really read much of it... but hey its totally bullshit... everyone is different

i say... things women say they care about but they dont.,... i actually do care about those things.. they are VERY important to me.

i would say money/power, looks and personality alll weigh up the same for me i say they have a 33.33% for each

Collin

HSC
N/A
SKA said:
ok i didnt really read much of it... but hey its totally bullshit...
You didn't read much into it, yet you're confident to conclude that it's bullshit? That's not biased or anything..

wanton-wonton

HSC
so wtf is this ladder theory?

i can never be bothered reading the site

am i missing out on gold?

Collin

HSC
N/A
wanton-wonton said:
its too long!!!
It's interesting. How are you supposed to be able to discuss this like many other people in this forum when you haven't even read it? Just read it. The time you've wasted procrastinating this could of been used to already finish reading it.. unless you're a snail reader.

wanton-wonton

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Wtf is with u stupid fucks and this stupid theory....

I'm gunna go out with some ugly mole for no reason other than to prove u guys wrong.
hence the reason i couldn't be bothered reading it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Shut up JKD Dragon, you've read the stupid theory... u don't have chicks hanging off you or anything like that so you obviously haven't worked out the human psyche quite yet.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I'm gunna go out with some ugly mole for no reason other than to prove u guys wrong.
That doesn't disprove the theory, you stupid assclown.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I've gained an intuitive perspective on general female-male interaction. If you hate this theory, then be argumentative about it, in an attempt to disprove it on a general basis. There's nothing more I hate than fucking retards talking shit about a theory (any theory), including people who may support certain aspects of it without offering any sort of relevant argument. NTB, have you even read the entire thing?

wanton-wonton

HSC
JKDDragon, will you quit with your long replies?

Just keep it concise next time...easier for the whole BOS community.

Collin

HSC
N/A
wanton-wonton said:
JKDDragon, will you quit with your long replies?

Just keep it concise next time...easier for the whole BOS community.
No. If it's warranted, then I'll make a long reply.

Not-That-Bright said:
Seriously... who cares if it's right, wow he's figured out that sex is linked to male/female relationships...
Dude, you're the dumbass here who likes to dish out on the theory, yet fail to support your actions with any sort of proper reasoning. Do I hear bias? Or perhaps you're just an attention seeking whore. Funny now also that you say 'who cares if it's right'.. owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)