The "John Barton" Piece (1 Viewer)

thatjazz

HSC
Good morning, good morning.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about this "John Barton" piece that has been discussed in the Onstage 2005 forum. Which school did it come from, etc? And was it in onstage?

I only ask because I love looking for alibrandi, and am somewhat intriuged as to how the character was adapted.

Au Revoir
Mr. Howard

supergirl

HSC
Hi, glad to help.

The John Barton piece was done by Tom Conroy, "escape" on the forum. We are at Penrith High, and his GP was in onstage. His IP, however, wasn't allowed to be nominated as it contained swearing, and as we all know, onstage doesn't allow swearing or too much controversy within its pieces.

For the record, it was absolutely fantastic. BRILLIANT. PM him about it if you want information. I was so disappointed that it wasn't allowed to be at Onstage, I think it would have been the best performance there. [Thinking back here, I haven't seen it in six months... but I thought THAT highly of it].

toddy_

HSC
supergirl said:
For the record, it was absolutely fantastic. BRILLIANT.
I must second that, i thought Tom did a great job. I almost cired, which i have never done before for any type of performance. It was just that good

steffo

steph
HSC
supergirl said:
Hi, glad to help.

The John Barton piece was done by Tom Conroy, "escape" on the forum. We are at Penrith High, and his GP was in onstage. His IP, however, wasn't allowed to be nominated as it contained swearing, and as we all know, onstage doesn't allow swearing or too much controversy within its pieces.

For the record, it was absolutely fantastic. BRILLIANT. PM him about it if you want information. I was so disappointed that it wasn't allowed to be at Onstage, I think it would have been the best performance there. [Thinking back here, I haven't seen it in six months... but I thought THAT highly of it].
so any amount of swearing AT ALL means no onstage? that's a bit sucky. i cant even imagine how many really high quality IP and GPs would miss out then.
maybe thats why onstage sucks so majorly.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
toddy_ said:
I almost cired, which i have never done before for any type of performance. It was just that good
our whole class was almost if not completely, in tears....

it so should have gotten into onstage, regardless of swearing...

supergirl

HSC
steffo said:
so any amount of swearing AT ALL means no onstage? that's a bit sucky. i cant even imagine how many really high quality IP and GPs would miss out then.
maybe thats why onstage sucks so majorly.
Well as far as I can tell, that's how it works, yes.

I agree that it really sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)