The I LOVE THE NOTEBOOK thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
katietheskatie said:
there was a copy of the notebook dvd on my kitchen counter today, still wrapped up in plastic. i have no idea who it belongs to, like its not like my parents would have bought it for me because they know perfectlyyyy well that i own a copy already, hahah.
I bought a copy the other day!! all this time i was using a copy i got in vanuatu (good quality though), then i thought oh fuck it ill buy a real copy and coughed up 29.95 for it. totally worth it though :)

Thats really weird though.. lol maybe they think u want two copies?

PS... look at this pic of my cat while I was watchin the notebook lol.. shes staring right at the TV

Last edited:
HSC
eh, it turns out a film company randomly sent it to them. that's cool i guess. and um, dare i ask what scene your cat was watching? lol.

anyway, i just wanted to say for those of you (like myself) sad enough to be home on a friday night, YOU MUST WATCH THE MTV MOVIE AWARDS. :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: hello rachel and ryan making out. kthx.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
eh, it turns out a film company randomly sent it to them. that's cool i guess. and um, dare i ask what scene your cat was watching? lol.

anyway, i just wanted to say for those of you (like myself) sad enough to be home on a friday night, YOU MUST WATCH THE MTV MOVIE AWARDS. :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: hello rachel and ryan making out. kthx.
haha i dont know what scene.. I think it was the one where Noahs trying to teach Allie to drive.. lol
and about watchin the mtv awards, i recored it onto DVD from foxtel.. but still I was thinkin of staying home to watch it on the TV, even though I already have it on DVD.. but turns out i didnt.. but still, how good was it that Rachel got 3 awards? (now I can talk about it cuz everyones had a chance to see it) Although she so shoulda won the best female performance over Lohan.

by the way katietheskatie, u and I are the only ones keeping the thread alive... yay us!

Last edited:

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i'll give it a go at resussitating the thread as well ;) i am so damn mad that the lil cokehead won over rachel, or any of those actresses for that matter. I like mean girls, think lohan was funny in that, but my god, now that she's doing her paris hilton impersonation she couldn't look less appealing. At least rachel mcadams has class and acting ability beyond "oh my god!!"). I must go hire the notebook again/buy it, too damn good.

HSC
dead cactus said:
i'll give it a go at resussitating the thread as well ;) i am so damn mad that the lil cokehead won over rachel, or any of those actresses for that matter. I like mean girls, think lohan was funny in that, but my god, now that she's doing her paris hilton impersonation she couldn't look less appealing. At least rachel mcadams has class and acting ability beyond "oh my god!!"). I must go hire the notebook again/buy it, too damn good.
Yeah I used to like Lohn. Like in Mean Girls/Freaky Friday.. but not anymore now shes gone all skinny and white. But Rachels performance in the notebook owned Lohans in Mean Girls. Hell, Rachels performance in Mean Girls was better than Lohans.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
^haha... just cos Lindsay's gone all 'skinny and white' doesn't mean her acting ability has lessened/gone worse.

HSC
Annegelic said:
^haha... just cos Lindsay's gone all 'skinny and white' doesn't mean her acting ability has lessened/gone worse.
Nah shes an alright actor, I'm just saying Mcadams is better.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i think she's ok (lohan) as an actor, i do, i just can't imagine her doing well if she steps out of her teen fluff zone and into serious roles with any depth. plus, in her acceptence speech at the mtv awards, i found her to be really insincere. whether or not she was is another story, but i wasn't convinced by her. i dunno. That's why i think rachel is great - she did teen comedy well, and then owned all in a meaty dramatic role. plus she's hot, and seems very natural!

HSC
dead cactus said:
i think she's ok (lohan) as an actor, i do, i just can't imagine her doing well if she steps out of her teen fluff zone and into serious roles with any depth. plus, in her acceptence speech at the mtv awards, i found her to be really insincere. whether or not she was is another story, but i wasn't convinced by her. i dunno. That's why i think rachel is great - she did teen comedy well, and then owned all in a meaty dramatic role. plus she's hot, and seems very natural!
exactly. Where as Rachel is good in any role. She can shift from a comedic character to a serious characte rthen back to a teeny/comedic character and she pulls it off

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Did anyone see MTV movie awards?

arggghhh, rachel. looks so good.
and the one with gosling.
that was gold.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
absolutely man, i loved her line about canadian girls being nice. so well said! and also "this is so fetch", lol, i loved it! and he was gorgeous on the show, i really like the way he carries himself, very self assured and, well, ...hot!!

HSC
except he was chewing on gum even when they were making out, which i thought was kinda gross. he's hot though, so that's okay. and so is rachel :uhhuh: her mean girls acceptance speech was so cute.

HSC
yeah i thought it was weird that he was chewing gum too.. but meh as you said, hes hot so i forgive him.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
they're not going out in real life, aye ? they fkn should be.

i s'pose if you compare rachel's serious role in the notebook with lohan's comedic one in mean girls, than yeah, rachel is most deserving of an award. but lindsay's own acting in mean girls i thought, was pretty good.

but didnt rachel end up getting more awards than lindsay anyway ?

HSC
Annegelic said:
they're not going out in real life, aye ? they fkn should be.

i s'pose if you compare rachel's serious role in the notebook with lohan's comedic one in mean girls, than yeah, rachel is most deserving of an award. but lindsay's own acting in mean girls i thought, was pretty good.

but didnt rachel end up getting more awards than lindsay anyway ?
yeah she got more awards, but I reckon Rachel did a better job on Mean Girls than Lindsay.. but I guess she wasnt the main character but meh...

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
katietheskatie said:
except he was chewing on gum even when they were making out, which i thought was kinda gross. he's hot though, so that's okay. and so is rachel :uhhuh: her mean girls acceptance speech was so cute.
though given that he's a heavy smoker it could be seen as considerate, chewing gum so she didn't have to kiss stinky smoke breath, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)