Current odds are $1.45 for yes, $2.80 for no

What do you think?

Paroissien

HSC
I'm going no. I think they'll go for something a bit more obscure

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I really bloody hope so because thats what I studied. Maybe they will go for something a bit more obscure, but I think its such a publiscised part of Australian media and stuff that it will in some way relate to the history wars. I think its more the question that goes with it which is going to be more trouble to negotiate, even though the really can only ask us five differing ones. Any predictions two days before the exam?

Suspense

I've got no idea what the history wars are and it doesn't matter what the source is or where it comes from. You'll always find the same core areas of debate on historiography so why try to predict what the actual source will be??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I doubt it because it would directly give an advantage to students who studied the Aus history topic for the case study. If they DO, the response required from it will not be of a topical nature.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i really hope the question is a rewording of "what is history" refer to the source and to your own knowledge giving reference to several key hirtorian thinkers...
oh please oh please

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
I wouldn't put the house on it.... but I would put the college fund, the car, the sound system the house.... hey.. :p

hanjoc

write essay on the construction of history and aims and purposes - can adapt them to most questions they will ask unless they decided to be really obscure this year. at least im hoping thats what works. too late to figure out different ways of study now

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I doubt they'd do the history wars. All the sources from previous years have been pretty obscure to make sure that you actually engage with the text rather than present a pre-prepared debate on whether Windschuttle or Reynolds is right. It wouldn't give you much to work with, it's pretty specific.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)