the health of young people (1 Viewer)

sly fly

HSC
hey ppl, my school is doing sports med as an option but i decided to do the health of young ppl myself because i dont understand any of sports med. Anywayz, my teacher strongly reccommended me not to do it coz if i do it by myself i wont get the background info and all that kinda stuff. Newayz my point is that while this option is alot easier to understand, i think he's right in that it's alot harder without a teacher. So if anyone has any sorta general tips on how to go about doing the health of young people and how to do well in it nd stuff that would be great. Hope i wasnt too confusing lol

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
I dont have any info on young people, but I do think your teacher is right.... Although if you are that lost in sports med maybe it is best to do young people which may come easier to you.

We had a chick in my class last year that did what you are doing, she was quite smart and up around the top of the class in her results. But when it came to the option she was doing by herself she often got well below marks. So that really let her down and she found it hard.

Hope that helps in your decision making, sorry i dont have anything to say on young people!!

Good luck
disco

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
hmmm if you dont understand any of sports med, how are you understanding any of the course???

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
There's some extra notes on this page for you http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=32#32.3
I also recommend an excel pdhpe text book as they have good summaries and make a lot of the content easier to understand. Just a suggestion to your study, ask your teacher to set you some essay questions to complete each week and then get him/her to mark them. This helps you remember and learn the content as well as practicing how to answer questions for your HSC. Best of luck with it!

Cab31

HSC
Oh no!! when you PM'd me i didnt realise u were going to do it by yourself!! please dont go there!! stick it out with sports med and put notes up around your room etc to try and learn it b4 u resort to teaching yourself. i am sorry to say but if u r having trouble with sports med you may not be the type of student who would be overly better off in teaching themselves. and although this mite seem cynical, your teachers will probably mark you down in tests for this option. not to mention assessment tasks...i mean i dont even know how they would get around that? im sorry but dont do this man!!!

sly fly

HSC
lol well we've only done core 1 so far but i came first (got like 93%) and we didnt really have a teacher we had a substitute the whole term........but anywayz im not doing sports med not only coz i dont understand it but coz its dead boring, i find the health of young ppl much more interesting, i dunno i rekon if i tried hard enough i could go well. If worst comes to worse i'll do sports med for hsc exam if i do badly in the topic exam................but newayz i was wondering if ppl could give me any tips on how 2 handle this option and what are the best ways to answer essay questions and what i need 2 know about the topic etc

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
you may not understand sports med, but once you start doing it with the rest of the class, you will learn it.
sports med is pretty easy. i did it last year. it was actually quite fun.
but once you start it, its pretty easy.

sly fly

HSC
well im already doing the health of young ppl now so its too late

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)