The Hardest Thing About The Hsc (1 Viewer)

Hombre

1 Having to witness all your 'previously cool' friends turn into loser nerds who talk incessantly about assessments and those 3 big bad letters. HSC

2 Having to relinquish much of your social life and any other activities/hobbies/employment for what is ultimately a SERIES OF EXAMS

3 Having to stay at school surrounded by senseless fuckwits who have snot dripping from every possible orifice*

*Note: Does not exclude yr 12's

3 Actually doing the required study and subsequent exams

4 The painful shame of becoming friends with the teachers and realising how much of a wanker you were in yr 8 for giving them so much shit

5 Having teachers tell you 'you'll do so well at Uni' when you havent even applied or gotten in yet.

6 Having to listen to whingers complaining about the inevitable instead of 'knuckling down' for some serious study (i.e. me)

7 English advanced..... (where do I begin??) Having to answer open ended questions about vague issues which don't seem to have any tangible existence in the REAL WORLD...

8 doubting your legitamacy as a fully certified teenager when you look in the mirror and realise how lame you and your life are, as you rack your brain to remember the last time you did something stupid/immature/childish/destructive or anything REMOTELY normal for a person your age.

Here are just a few things I could randomly come up with this thursday morning as I try to motivate myself to prepare for the upcoming Trials. If you have any other suggestions feel free to add them.

p.s. I am new to this site I am trying to make it a poll but it might not work :/

get_born

5) and 7). I'd also like to add 9) the stress of what career path to take. Most of your friends have an idea of what they want and in the past months or so youve jumped like 5 different career options. Talk about having your mind open to different options.

Pace_T

HSC
definitately 2)
piece of shit exams :(

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Meh, live with it... the HSC is one year out of your life.. and everyone knows its Hell... just surf through it, do what you need to do. and you'll be fine.. stop complaining and stressing, there is nothing you can do (unless you quit school now, which would be such a waste of year 11 and half of year 12 )
and go do the HSC, think about it... in..... like...4 ,months.. ITS ALL OVER fo you guys..

meh, i found it stressfull yes, but doing this stuff is just making it worse.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i finished it last year, and i can tell you, after a week or 2, NO-ONE cares how well you did in the HSC. i'm now in england, out and about in the real world, and omg, the last year of school is soooo pointless, i haven't used anything i leant since!

tennille

HSC
Dougie said:
i finished it last year, and i can tell you, after a week or 2, NO-ONE cares how well you did in the HSC. i'm now in england, out and about in the real world, and omg, the last year of school is soooo pointless, i haven't used anything i leant since!
That's so true. Before, I was thinking that I really need to go well in these exams, then during them, I really didn't care less how well I went, as long as I got the exams done. :)

fakingtheday

HSC
^ Easy to say now. I can see the whole thing is just a big game, but i'm having fun playing it at the moment. The competetion is fierce, you can't fucking pay for this entertainment i swear.

tennille

HSC
fakingtheday said:
^ Easy to say now. I can see the whole thing is just a big game, but i'm having fun playing it at the moment. The competetion is fierce, you can't fucking pay for this entertainment i swear.
You'll probably feel that way DURING your exams. :)

Hombre

Dougie said:

Yeah see I have already lived overseas for 6 months and know all of this (Im gonna travel and teach english and learn languages... and I dont need the HSC to do so)
But I didnt get a School Certificate so i sorta need a HSC and I've already done this much so I'm not gonna back out.....

ps. Bunnie obviously this comment "6 Having to listen to whingers complaining about the inevitable instead of 'knuckling down' for some serious study (i.e. me)"

Went right over your head but that's okay you finished the HSC so you no longer need your brain :)

peace out Homies this site is funny!

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hombre said:
6 Having to listen to whingers complaining about the inevitable instead of 'knuckling down' for some serious study (i.e. me)

7 English advanced..... (where do I begin??) Having to answer open ended questions about vague issues which don't seem to have any tangible existence in the REAL WORLD...
English...lets not get me started... :chainsaw:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
8435628435. Having to waste your pre-trial break on getting English Extension 2 done because you thought writing that last 4000-word segment would take one, maybe two days.

HSC
N/A
~advanced english! i hate it
~yeh...people who stress heaps about the hsc and start crying if they don't get above 90%
~people who complain about how they havn't studied when they do more than 6 hrs a day

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
1 Having to witness all your 'previously cool' friends turn into loser nerds who talk incessantly about assessments and those 3 big bad letters. HSC

my friends were loser nerds now turned cool...theyve never been cool until NOW!

2 Having to relinquish much of your social life and any other activities/hobbies/employment for what is ultimately a SERIES OF EXAMS

what social life? it is but a mirage in the desert of assessments

3 Having to stay at school surrounded by senseless fuckwits who have snot dripping from every possible orifice*

more like, having to wrench year 7's from the computer and accusing juniors of playing spongebob squarepants games and tetris on the side, also claiming u r a senior and u have rights to yr 11's who insist on playing pinball online

3 Actually doing the required study and subsequent exams

not happening

4 The painful shame of becoming friends with the teachers and realising how much of a wanker you were in yr 8 for giving them so much shit

instead of giving them shit, now bribes is what yr12 is about

5 Having teachers tell you 'you'll do so well at Uni' when you havent even applied or gotten in yet.

having teachers tell you ''lets hope you pass'' and ''relax'' when I have been relaxing for the past 16 years. nope no change there

yeah mostly me, other people actually KNUCKLE DOWN. me however, i have no knuckles, they cracked when I broke the 3 bedside alarm clocks ringin at 5 in the morning

my dear, may the force of bullshitting be within you

8 doubting your legitamacy as a fully certified teenager when you look in the mirror and realise how lame you and your life are, as you rack your brain to remember the last time you did something stupid/immature/childish/destructive or anything REMOTELY normal for a person your age.

stupid/immature childish and destructive is my daily routine, mature happens post HSC

also id like to add, seeing classmates turn into study animals/crazy teacher+mark pursuing slavishly and full-time mobile ringing two faced nerd machines *damnation knows who this is*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)