• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The half - Yearlies (1 Viewer)

philly17

Was it just me or did others find the half - yearly ext exam hard i found it bloody hard and I am worried over how i went

Jennibeans

HSC
yea mine was pretty hard too probably cuz i'd never done an exam like that before. do people want to post their exam so we can all have a look at what others had to do. I'm the first to admit i need the practice

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we didnt have a formal half yearly but we did a past hsc question under exam conditions so it was sorta like a half yearly... it was quite hard as we had never done anything like that before but it was good practise for the first question in the HSC...

Mike iE

HSC
Ours wasnt too bad, we did a practise question 2 weeks before so we had an idea of what to expect and write. I'll post them up when i get them back

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
we did a past exam paper - we had the question a week beforehand and it didnt count for anything - our mark comes totally from our trial and project. we did it under exam conditions though, so i guess it was at least a bit of practice. it was so hard even knowing the question - im totally gonna bum out when we have to do the hsc. *shudders*

Jennibeans

HSC
for everyone who didnt do a half yearly can i recommend you do a few practice questions before the trials. we did a practice before the half yearly and it was still hard

Plebeian

We had no half-yearly, just a practice essay. We had a marked essay a while back, but most of our assessment mark comes from our project. It's worth 40 out of the overall 50 for us. Is it worth this much everywhere else?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Is anyone able to post their half yearly question up, or any of the practice questions please?

Last edited:

Demandred

HSC
Yeah we didn't have one either, we only got 3 in our class btw :)

Instead, we got a practise essay on 'The Nobel Dream' (from 2002 paper) to do over the hols, basically discussing the issue of objectivity.

philly17

Yeah I only have 3 in my class plus we did practice qu's from past HSC papers plus a marked essay still it was hard lol u guys should practice more. I dont have the paper until I go back to skool So i'll put the qu up then ok oh yeah our project is worth 80% skool asessment mark so like 40% HSC watever that is out of 50 lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasky

HSC
yipee! I passed, I got 23/25! heee heee... I suppose now I am top of my class... hee hee again... :)

HUNT

I got 75% but my teacher is going to remark my test (because there was a mix up?, i may get a higher mark) it's better than i thought i would get .....but i think i need alot of practice, cause the questions kinda got me by surprise ............ i'll try and post my 1/2 yearly questions for people to use, however i don't know how to do it:)

shereem

I have no idea why my school did things the way they have... but we're having our 1/2yearly's now!! History extension is tomorrow, but it aint worth anything so I'm not freaking out about it, though I know it's gunna be helpful for thr trial and hsc exams.

BTW Demandred, we had that question as our first assessment task (worth 5%), and I thought if we got a source like that in an exam it'd be pretty damn awesome cos it is a great source!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)