The Greatest Rap/R'N'B Album Ever? (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
darek_arsenal said:
what is the greatest rap/r'n'b album ever?
From what I've listened to it would have to be: Ready to Die, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt or The Massacre.

edit: I'm sure there are already about 10 threads on such a topic.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
lol yeah tha massacre keke

nah all i know is it definently isn't late registration or college dropout.

my fav urban album is reasonable doubt but i don't think it objectively is the greatest rap album ever. That title belongs to either paid in full or illmatic maybe hmm.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Oh yeah, Paid In Full is classic shit, yo.

darek_arsenal

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
lol yeah tha massacre keke

nah all i know is it definently isn't late registration or college dropout.

my fav urban album is reasonable doubt but i don't think it objectively is the greatest rap album ever. That title belongs to either paid in full or illmatic maybe hmm.
Whats wrong with Late Registration???

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
nothing is wrong with LR or CD they are great albums imo, but when considering 'the greatest hip hop album ever' they are NOT anywhere CLOSE to consideration, no hip hop fan would consider LR as the greatest of all time, maybe some pop bimbo whos like 'lolz omg gold digger' but thats about it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
nothing is wrong with LR or CD they are great albums imo, but when considering 'the greatest hip hop album ever' they are NOT anywhere CLOSE to consideration, no hip hop fan would consider LR as the greatest of all time, maybe some pop bimbo whos like 'lolz omg gold digger' but thats about it.
I heard Definition and Get em high (full songs with all verses) back to back on nova yesterday night! I wonder what show that is. Any idea?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah I think thats it...I remember them saying "takeover" a couple of times. I kept thinking they were going to play the song :eek:

darek_arsenal

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
Oyy come on, everyone who answers this question looks at how old the album is and how classic the rapper is....ive seen the other forums and people say Illmatic and Ready to Die {note that Nas and the Notorious B.I.G are my favourite rappers after Kanye} but they arent the best albums...Stillmatic is better than Illmatic and Life After Death is better than Ready to Die....and when it comes to Late Registration, where has anyone ever heard better instrumentals and producing than that....lyrics are top...guest features are top....the samples are mad....and its one that doesnt jus talk about bitches and drive bys...though it jus got released now, people will appreciate it as the best rap album made.....

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i would have to say it would be either...

Dr Dre - 2001
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

or...

G-Unit - Beg For Mercy

darek_arsenal

HSC
icraig88 said:
i would have to say it would be either...

Dr Dre - 2001
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

or...

G-Unit - Beg For Mercy
Looks like your into West-Coast rap....

2001 > Doggystyle > Beg for Mercy

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yeah i dun mind east coast either though...

u guys have been talkin bout kanye... for some reason he doesnt really get my attention with his songs... just not appealing enough for me... and gold digger = really annoying

thats just my opinion...

darek_arsenal

HSC
icraig88 said:
yeah i dun mind east coast either though...

u guys have been talkin bout kanye... for some reason he doesnt really get my attention with his songs... just not appealing enough for me... and gold digger = really annoying

thats just my opinion...
lol....i love Kanye...been listening to him since by sister brought back his mixtapes all the way back in 2001....gold digger = mad song = enoying after a while = mad song when your absent from it for time lol

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
lol fair enough..... any good albums out recently??? havent looked in ages so im bit behind at the moment as in whats in and whats not.... any ideas of good albums 2 download?? looking at like T.I, mos def, nas, stat quo and the game.... any help??

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
darek_arsenal said:
Oyy come on, everyone who answers this question looks at how old the album is and how classic the rapper is....ive seen the other forums and people say Illmatic and Ready to Die {note that Nas and the Notorious B.I.G are my favourite rappers after Kanye} but they arent the best albums...Stillmatic is better than Illmatic and Life After Death is better than Ready to Die....and when it comes to Late Registration, where has anyone ever heard better instrumentals and producing than that....lyrics are top...guest features are top....the samples are mad....and its one that doesnt jus talk about bitches and drive bys...though it jus got released now, people will appreciate it as the best rap album made.....
You want production, you can't go past Eric B. The man is insane...And to think that the album was made in the late 80's. You can see when so much of later suff in hip hop came from that album. Even little things you can pinpoint.
Illmatic is just completely lyrical. The dude was 17 when he came out with it and the shit is so good.
Ready To Die was rougher than Life After Death, IMO. Thats the reason why I liked it better.
I thought College Dropout was much better than Late Registration.
Also east coast >>> west coast.

That pretty much covered the few posts that I wanted to reply to. Can't be fucked doing the individual quotes.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
ive just seen a recent album by mos def....

mos def - we are hip hop; me you everybody (4 cd)

any1 know if its any good and where 2 get it from on the net???

7th Sign

HSC
I dont have a best ever

I go by years

so far 2006 TI - KING
2005 deffiantly Chamillionaire - Sound Of Revenge

the list goes on but I dotn have time to type heheheh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)