The Glory of The Half Yearly (1 Viewer)

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Hey Hey People

I achieved a 54% in my half yearly (which happened to be first in my class)

Some of the questions were omega difficult...well only one at the time.

Anyhow I would like to post it up but I am unsure how to link up the scanned in images

So if someone could help me do that then you can all have a gander at the exam......and I am sure most of you would have got 80-100% (You crazily smart People)

Help Appreciated

So you can all experience T3H GLORY

P

pLuvia

You can attach the images via the attachment function on BoS or use photobucket and attach it from there. By the way nice work

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just to make you feel a little better, our half yearlies were super hard as well, and I only got 56% in it, I'm lucky to have passed, since most of the class failed. XD

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Nice I will attempt to do it soon. God you people will love the damn conics question.

lol Nice Work Riviet, I still dont know how I passed

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
This may seem wierd seeing as Rax got 54% and riviet got 56%, but i got funilly enough 55%, i was not happy with that mark at all.One guy in our class got 92%.
crazy stuff. another got 67% another 50 and the other 28%(lol)

P

pLuvia

My test wasn't too hard just a few questions that were challenging, I wasn't happy with the mark 74%, but rank wise 3rd/17, 1st was 79% 2nd was78%.

I find conics pretty easy, covered the course already, but haven't tried any of the hsc questions yet will do soon enough

Last edited by a moderator:

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
well i say good on to anyone doing 4unit!
you guys are all amazing...
i think completing the course is something to be mega proud of
congrats on ur results

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
OMG Yet another snag

Scanned them in, converted them to jpg and they are too big for the file attachments.

And my ineptness has resulted in me being unable to modify the size without cutting half the image

More Help anybody?

lol Damn didnt think it would take this long

And to pLuvia I usually am Passable at conics, but in the test this question just frazzled my brain

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I had that problem as well with my scanner; after scanning them onto the computer, I would check the file size and it would be as big as 3 or 4 mbs! I tried fiddling around with the scan options to make a less detailed copy and managed to get it down to a small enough size.

P

pLuvia

jpeg is the smallest type of format right? Try zipping the file that should cut down the size by heaps. Or you could just type the question out :D

bboyelement

HSC
scan it... then edit it using programs like photoshop or sumthing and go to 'image size' and cut it down to 800x600 and save it as jpg ... it should be around 100 kb each...

shimmerz_777

HSC
I got 50% exact, and am coming equal 6th out of 8. the sad thing is i lost so many silly marks and was jibbed a couple of them big time. graphs topic i lost heaps in cause my concavity changed during the graph a bit by accidednt, it still resembled the answer and the points of intersection were right but my curve was just a little too messy.

another thing that annoyed me was a one mark show that division question!!!!!!!! i did it, but my working out apparently looked like i worked backwards and tried to fudge a mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so lame id be outright 6th if it wasnt for that!

but yea, im happy because i used to be last before the test and i clawed my way kicking and screaming out of it.

Naylyn

HSC
I'll have to tell my friend what you guys got, because he was really depressed about getting "only" 56% in his half-yearly.

I hope you do get it up because i would like to have a go at it.

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Our HY wasnt that hard, ended up getting 87%..95% scaled
The real average was proly 65%...somehow ended up being 87% scaled

Last edited:

Trev

stix
HSC
I failed half my extension 2 assessments and barely passed the others, got 58.5/120 for the trial HSC but I still got 90 for my HSC extension 2 mark, no need to worry!

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC

sasquatch

HSC
Man my school must set easy tests or something..

I got 87% (complex numbers) for my first test and 96% (graphs, complex, poly) for my second test (half yearly)...

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Yeah if other people want to post up Q's from their half yearly or their actual half yearly bust them on. I need as much practice as I can get.

And ignore any markings on the pages too, they were scribbles during the test

And last of all, DEATH TO CONICS (lol.........)

GG

sasquatch

HSC
Wow that question 4 is amazing... combines so much into one question...

conics, circle geometry (and normal geo) and polynomials!!

Is 4a iv) isosceles.. i cant be bothered now to see if maybe it is equilateral..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)