The Glass House has been axed... (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Yeh but really the quality of the program shouldn't really be terms for it to be pulled. Your claims are really subjective anyhoe, I may criticise shows that you like for reasons I disagree toward.

imaginarylife

HSC
high ratings means high approval among viewers, of course there will be people who dislike the Glass House, as every show has people who dislike it. But this axing is ridiculous. The Glass House was a great show, even if some of the humour may have been a bit lame. The ideas and topics raised were generally intersting, a break from the biased commercial stations.

lengy

HSC
It's not about whether the show is funny or unfunny, it's about stopping people from criticising the government. It's fascism and I saw this coming a long while away and something I greatly fear. They are stopping us from having an opinion, from having other points of views besides the ones the government feeds us and mainpulates us to believe. I've been pretty apathetic for quite a while now but this really shits me. This isn't about whether it's right or left views, it's about freedom of press and freedom of speech.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Tonights show hit a few brand new lows with Corinne describing oral sex and the joke about people who kiss usually shift to the right, just like the ABC board.

Some_Guy

HSC
didnt care for the show too much but it aint noowhere near as bad as some of the stuff on tv that really needs the axe.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1. Noone criticises bias in commercial networks because they're not funded by the public and they don't set out to offer an objective commentary like the ABC do.
2. I doubt bias had anything to do with the Glasshouse being axed, as it tore into Beazley as much as it did Howard.
ihavenothing said:
Yeh but really the quality of the program shouldn't really be terms for it to be pulled.
What terms should the program be pulled on, then?

lengy

HSC
You don't see Big Brother getting axed.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
Last night's show was one of the best in a while!
How can you cut it after that..........it's sad

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I'm as outraged as everyone else.

It is totally fucked and totally unjustifiable.

They make just as many anti Beasley jokes as they do anti Howard, and its not like they are telling the audience to vote for anyone.

Its satire, it revolves around criticism.

What a joke.

lengy

HSC
I don't vote, but this will make me vote.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Egronk said:
I'm as outraged as everyone else.

It is totally fucked and totally unjustifiable.

They make just as many anti Beasley jokes as they do anti Howard, and its not like they are telling the audience to vote for anyone.

Its satire, it revolves around criticism.

What a joke.
Which is why I don't think it's got to do with the bias issue.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm not going to get into the reasons for it being axed, frankly i dont care. i'm just pissed that they would take it off the air. it's such a good show!!!! and egronk is fucking right, they dont have a bias as to who they satirise, everyone cops it, thats part of the fun.

Bricktop

HSC
Wil Anderson is not funny. The show is not funny.

I also doubt its axing has anything to do with bias. This whole argument is nothing but speculation on both sides, however.

HSC
ihavenothing said:
Do you prefer to get fined?
doesn't happen. my parents don't vote if they don't happen to be going into town on that day and have never been asked to. and if they ever got asked, all you have to say is you were too busy (looking after kids, caring for sick elephant etc)

Edit: Saying that, I'm going to vote properly anyway.

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
well the first time i voted i got a letter back saying that i didnt vote and all this shit.

the next day my dad got a letter saying that he had voted twice.

fucking idiots crossed out the wrong name. so im suprised if they dont threaten to fine you or whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)