The Girl In The Cafe - ABC (1 Viewer)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
This kinda belongs in both TV and movies...but anyway...

The Girl In The Cafe. It was on the ABC tonight, it started at 8.30. It is a telemovie written by Richard Curtis (he did Love Actually etc) so I thought I might give it a watch...also Bill Nighy is in it.
I thought it was great, so engaging, so sad and not really that predictable. It wasn't an action thriller, just something thought prevoking with some excellent dialogue. Some of the scenes were just...excellent! It's structure reminded me of a play that had been adapted to Tv.

Didn't anyone else see it? Your thoughts if so?

trivia

novemember
HSC
yes i saw it and i loved it - bill nighy was so sweet as always. my favourite bit was when he said "just because i'm not saying anything... doesn't mean there's not a lot i'd like to say" so romantic. the G8 thing was interesting too though a bit moralistic - i wonder if they originally screened it right before G8 this year, in britain. definitely thought-provoking, i agree.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Brits are such a great alternative to hollywood recently. His character was perfect - the shy/bumbling/grovelling/articulate public service dude was done excellently. I liked his antics in the shopping centre with the women - i could so relate.
It also ended superbly. If the PM had finished the sentence ('yes, we'll save the world etc') it wouldve been such a betrayal to the subject matter. The parallel with her life experience made for great script too.
...She also had perfect titties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)