The Future- Where'll the jobs be? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Which field will the new jobs in Australia be in say, 20 years time?
The 70s, 80s and 90s were the decades of the IT revolution.
Now, we're probably in the Medical Science revolution. Can someone confirm this.

What about the future?

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
construction right now seems to be booming(this is what i have heard from people in the business)

santaslayer

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Which field will the new jobs in Australia be in say, 20 years time?
The 70s, 80s and 90s were the decades of the IT revolution.
Now, we're probably in the Medical Science revolution. Can someone confirm this.

What about the future?
If we were to know about the future, we would all be billionares..!

sarevok

HSC
Australia has a shortage of engineers at the moment and there is a lot of competition for graduates

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
australia also has a large shortage of nurses and doctors,perhaps in that field also. who knows...no one can predict the future. just perhaps make it better.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Business/Commerce imo.

Think of it this way, if there's a boom in IT/construction/medical science or whichever field you choose, you need people to run the companies either way - and these people will most likely (though not necessarily) have business qualifications.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Actually, the last thing this country needs is more useless office workers.

Seriously, you can get better and better money these days for trades and such, because nobody wants to do them and there's such an enormous shortage.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Since baby boomers will be heading into retirement and old age I'd say nursing.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Business/Commerce imo.

Think of it this way, if there's a boom in IT/construction/medical science or whichever field you choose, you need people to run the companies either way - and these people will most likely (though not necessarily) have business qualifications.
God, for a 99.xx student you're really daft.

For your stupid response I'm fining you 5 uai points and I'm changing your first preference to B. Arts @ Southern Cross Uni (Gold Coast Campus).

Have a nice day :)

HSC
Construction also boomed in early 90s; every market goes up and down

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Some thoughts:

- renewable energy (solar, tidal, hydrogen fuel cell) - engineering (petroleum - to find the last oil wells, electrical and photovoltaic in R&D)

- nanotechnology (medical/engineering/science)

- professionals in finance (actuaries/financial analysts/accountants) - lots of cash, highly efficient markets, more sophisticated investors and products, etc

smiley20

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Business/Commerce imo.

I reckon in about 5-10 years time it will be very hard for Australians to find jobs because of the high pay rate here. I have heard about the new trend in companies outsourcing office type works overseas. The main goal of all companies would be to lower expenses which will therefore raise their profits so i think smart businesses are turning to this strategy already.

So, I think if the pay in Australia continues to grow, so does the unemployment rate. Because imagine weekly wage we get would equal how much a company can hire someone from overseas for a month, so i think more work that would've been for Australians would be given up to people overseas.

Its all up to the government!!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
§eraphim said:
Some thoughts:

- renewable energy (solar, tidal, hydrogen fuel cell) - engineering (petroleum - to find the last oil wells, electrical and photovoltaic in R&D)

- nanotechnology (medical/engineering/science)

- professionals in finance (actuaries/financial analysts/accountants) - lots of cash, highly efficient markets, more sophisticated investors and products, etc
1. No, all those renewable energy sources are pathetic and will never be anything bigger than they are now.

2. Way overrated, not going to be anywhere near as big a deal as some predict.

3. Already covered.

Seriously, what do you people think all the stuff in your house and other places you go just works outta nowhere?

Like, are we gonna have the entire population with uni degrees working in offices? Maybe print out all the various objects we need?

Numero Uno

HSC
I would recommend engineering , renewable energy will be useful/big in the future once it's more efficient and less costly then fossil fuels , though i doubt this will happen within our life time.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Numero Uno said:
I would recommend engineering , renewable energy will be useful/big in the future once it's more efficient and less costly then fossil fuels , though i doubt this will happen within our life time.
it better we r gonna run out of fossil fuels in our life time

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
On the renewable energy topic:
-solar energy/photovoltaics
-wind energy

On to medical science:
-nanotechnology
-biotechnology
-prosthetics
-nuclear medicine
-DNA research
-Stem cell???

On to money:
-real estate!!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Wolfowitz said:
God, for a 99.xx student you're really daft.

For your stupid response I'm fining you 5 uai points and I'm changing your first preference to B. Arts @ Southern Cross Uni (Gold Coast Campus).

Have a nice day :)
Hehe :p

Seriously though, I'd say that genetic technology/biomedial sciences will have a future.

What do you think Wolfowitz?

EDIT: also nanotechnology.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)