The Football Thread (3 Viewers)

lvella10

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

I remember seeing that about Simpson back at manchester united .. even in the reserves he was guilty of doing that every now and then .. Santon's attacking mentality can be beneficial, but you're right, It does put extra pressure on Gutierrez.
Santon is reminiscent in my opinion of Patrice Evra, yet Evra probably has the ability to get back and defend ( although when he doesn't guys like Ferdinand, Johnny Evans and to some extent Rafael when he comes across from the right look exceptionally vulnerable )

Unfortunately good central defenders don't come along all too often :/ Hopefully for the Magpies Perch continues with his good form

I love the forward line of Newcastle. To some extent it's stronger than Manchester United's because not Hernandez/Welbeck and Rooney don't always click .. And generally Rooney has to play in behind and go searching for the ball .. I'm happy Yound and Valencia though are playing so well atm. Valencia has been a great buy from Wigan.

Looking at the table atm, I think Newcastle could just sneak ahead of Chelsea into 4th :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

To be honest I don't see either Spurs or Chelsea screwing up enough for that to eventuate. If we do qualify for the Champions League, I will lose my shit. To get to that stage after being in the Championship two years ago would be insane.

lvella10

HSC

Tottenham has increased their form of late, so I don't see them not qualifying for the CL .. Chelsea are yet to play arsenal, QPR, Liverpool and even newcastle .. so It won't be easy for them, especially given QPR's recent results vs Liverpool and Arsenal .. Whereas in my opinion newcastle have a pretty easy run until their final 3 fixtures vs city, chelsea and everton .. 3 points at everton and a draw or two for chelsea may see newcastle qualify for Europe .. I really hope it happens for them :)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Not a huge fan of EPL myself. A-league or nothing or me :p

lvella10

HSC

really? I can barely stand the a league :p

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Well we've got Swansea next.

They don't have as much to play for as they're categorically safe but they are always tough at home.

They are very much like Blackpool last season without the crash at the end of the season. If we win there, it will suggest we performed extremely well.

Edit: Chuffed that we are the only club in all competitions to keep a cleansheet against Manchester United this season.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Establishing a new team and getting them ready for next season in 6 months time will be a challenge. GWS took what 2 or so years to establish before they entered the AFL comp this year. Western Sydney is probably not the best place for another A league team either I wouldn't have thought.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

Establishing a new team and getting them ready for next season in 6 months time will be a challenge. GWS took what 2 or so years to establish before they entered the AFL comp this year. Western Sydney is probably not the best place for another A league team either I wouldn't have thought.
its the heartland of football in australia. highest participation rate, has 8 out of the 12 nswpl teams and had 4 nsl clubs.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

As I said elsewhere, I hope the stadium for Western Sydney FC or whatever it will be - is going to be close to home. I mean, it's 90 minutes each way for Sydney FC games... and really, having a team here - closer to home - will mean I have greater affinity to it.

I'm actually seriously going to consider getting a season pass. I really need to watch more football...

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

As I said elsewhere, I hope the stadium for Western Sydney FC or whatever it will be - is going to be close to home. I mean, it's 90 minutes each way for Sydney FC games... and really, having a team here - closer to home - will mean I have greater affinity to it.

I'm actually seriously going to consider getting a season pass. I really need to watch more football...
yeh, I will definately be signing up for a membership when it is available. I believe west sydney fc has the potential to be even bigger than sydney fc.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Because the stadium will hopefully be not in the middle of nowhere.

I have no qualms about going out of my way to visit ANZ Stadium to watch the Socceroos play. But... if it's trekking there once per two weeks or so - I mean... it's too much of a bother.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Let the good times roll.

Only 2 points off CL spots.

berrss

HSC

fighting for 4th spot is more exciting for me then first spot imo, demba cisse is proper killin it for newcastle aswell!

annagurl

HSC
N/A

What's a good team to watch?

I'm wanting to buy tickets to watch a good match

but I dont really keep up with the sport

all i know is dat ben cousins is a druggo

so yus
can someone pretty please link me where i'd buy these tickets+which game to watch

annagurl

HSC
N/A

What's a good team to watch?

I'm wanting to buy tickets to watch a good match

but I dont really keep up with the sport

all i know is dat ben cousins is a druggo

so yus
can someone pretty please link me where i'd buy these tickets+which game to watch

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, Sydney Swans Vs. Fremantle Dockers is on today at 2:10pm at the SCG

???

annagurl

HSC
N/A

dont think you can buy tickets if the event is today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)