The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

kyokaku92

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Can't believe Chelsea lost and Cech injured (anyone know how serious it is?). Ah well, at least we have an away goal to take to the Bridge

samwell

HSC

Well even though i wanted chelsea 2 win i knew mourinho is very clever and had an edge in the tie. However the winner was spectacular but also a bit fortunate. Hopefully they can kill inter at the bridge.
Cech's injury is a calf injury not a knee injury which is slightly gud news. Hoping Zhirkov is fit for 2nd leg .

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC

Woo Cech out for some time. Hopefully Chelsea drop points soon.

ATAR_boy

HSC

fucking john terry

you should be the one stepping down.
Okay. nice joke. Warnock and Baines are in good form atm, and they deserve the LB position for the Lions.

The bottom line --> England's defence will be weak without Terry + A.Cole, but they can easily cope without Wayne Bridge. :hammer:

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

Okay. nice joke. Warnock and Baines are in good form atm, and they deserve the LB position for the Lions.

The bottom line --> England's defence will be weak without Terry + A.Cole, but they can easily cope without Wayne Bridge. :hammer:
you've completely missed the point

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

ramsey is 19, this tackle will put him a good 2 seasons behind in development.

3 games doesnt serve justice. there must be some sort of review or grading of red card tackles so fucktards like shawcross, taylor and smith learn there lesson.

kyokaku92

HSC

WTF!!?? How did we lose to Man City... bullshit and even worse to finish with 9 wtf???? :angry: I'm now really concerned about our form for the rest of the season

johony

HSC

fuuuuuuuck portsmouth, ruined my multi but great win by them

same goes for city, but it goes without saying that they are great at pulling out shock results like these

LordPc

HSC

ramsey is 19, this tackle will put him a good 2 seasons behind in development.

3 games doesnt serve justice. there must be some sort of review or grading of red card tackles so fucktards like shawcross, taylor and smith learn there lesson.
i agree that there should be different levels of grading for red cards. a player that gets two yellow cards for two boarderline challenges doesnt deserve the same treatment as a player that punches an opponent in the face.

but dont be daft and try to turn the ramsey - shawcross incident something that it is not. football is a contact sport, players take possession of the ball through tackles. usually the tackles are well timed and both parties come out unscathed. sometimes the tackles are mistimed and one player is knocked to the ground and there is a free kick. and sometimes the tackle is mistimed and a player gets injured. sometimes that player is back next week, sometimes they are out for a long time, and sometimes a very, very long time. it happens, this is football, get over it.

now dont get me wrong. im not saying im pleased about it, im not saying i dont feel for ramsey and im not saying that ramsey should suck it up and move on because as you said, this will impact on his development. but it was a 50-50 ball, both players went in hard, ramsey came out 2nd best. trying to put blame on shawcross for intentionally injuring ramsey would just be silly

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

i agree that there should be different levels of grading for red cards. a player that gets two yellow cards for two boarderline challenges doesnt deserve the same treatment as a player that punches an opponent in the face.

but dont be daft and try to turn the ramsey - shawcross incident something that it is not. football is a contact sport, players take possession of the ball through tackles. usually the tackles are well timed and both parties come out unscathed. sometimes the tackles are mistimed and one player is knocked to the ground and there is a free kick. and sometimes the tackle is mistimed and a player gets injured. sometimes that player is back next week, sometimes they are out for a long time, and sometimes a very, very long time. it happens, this is football, get over it.

now dont get me wrong. im not saying im pleased about it, im not saying i dont feel for ramsey and im not saying that ramsey should suck it up and move on because as you said, this will impact on his development. but it was a 50-50 ball, both players went in hard, ramsey came out 2nd best. trying to put blame on shawcross for intentionally injuring ramsey would just be silly
If you stuck with a policy of "you injure a player, you remain out until he comes back" you'd certainly see players being a lot more careful, though.

ATAR_boy

HSC

raheem sterling to lfc. from queens park rangers.
He should of joined my club (West Ham --> we have produced alot of England internationals..particularly: Defoe; Rio Ferdinand; Carrick) or the Gunners. I'm sorry to say but Liverpool will destroy this 15-year-old Whiz-kid. :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)